Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need your input and your help!

Good Morning...

I am really needing your input. I have had the gastric sleeve in Dec 2010 and lost a total of 90lbs. Fastforward to now and I have gained back 40 of those pounds. It is like I can not lose a pound to save my life. How do I get back to losing? I am miserable. I feel fat, unattractive and just bad. I am going back to the gym today so I will have that going for me but I need more. Please share with me how you have gotten focused again and BOT.

I believe you need to take a step back and assess what has happened over the years that has lead to NOW! There is hope so don't be discourages. your off to a good start with going to the gym. My suggestions are to meet with a therapist to help you deal with any emotional issues, a nutritionist to assess your diet and attitude towards food, and your surgeon ( you could talk about other options like switching to RNY or high Protein diet to loss the pounds). But most all remember surgery is just a TOOL the rest is up to us and how we use it. Just assess your reasons for weight loss was it for health reasons or vanity? because the answer matters in what we do later! I have high hopes for you! You can do this just have this.

For me it was 85% health reasons and 15% vanity. Because I look very good for my weight and height most people don't believe I weight as much as I do because I carry it well...but I know the doctors report and I was pre-a lot of things! So, that was my main reason.

What is it for you? That hold the key to your success.

First, you have to really realize that you must be on a "diet" for the rest of your life. If you are working out, it may be a 2000 calorie one (maybe).. but you will always have to watch what you eat. (And don't just watch yourself eat that entire pumpkin pie!).

Once you wrap your brain around that fact, then it is time to do the mental work of figuring out what sort of plan will work for you. Each of us must figure out what will work for us LONG TERM. For one, it's Keto, another is vegetarian.

Then, back to basics.. calorie free beverages, Protein first, no drinking with meals, at least 3 meals and a snack each day, no flour or sugar during weight loss. Etc.

Track what you eat now to get an idea if how many calories to start with.

I went back to a very basic pre-op diet. I fact I'm just starting another round of it. It worked great for me. I focused on my original surgeon's pre-op instructions which included 4-5 shakes a day, sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, broth, lite yogurt, and fresh veggies, and 1 meal of choice (pick either a Breakfast, lunch, or a dinner, shakes replace the other). I got a great start but then got derailed because I was working split shifts (some days, some nights) and my eating is always so screwed up when I do that. I end up eating during the day AND the night. Now I'm a bit more balanced at work so I'm actually starting round 2 tomorrow. I know from other people I've talked to that get derailed, this approach works pretty well.

Tracking what I eat always leads to more success for me.
Go back to fundamentals.
Protein is key. Low Carbs. Drink Water.< br>You can do it.
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app