Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 or more months out and struggling ??? come on in (inspiration also needed)

whoa - how is that for a long thread title? :Banane30:

after my 'break' (aka - i am not doing well and thought i could handle it on my own), someone mentioned in a PM to me that there should be a struggling thread ... i do not see one although i am about 1000+ posts behind, so i thought i'd create one....

the intent of this thread is not for people who are relatively newly banded to come here for support thru bandster hell. i am sorry if that sounds harsh, but there are TONS of threads out there with people being banded for a month or so and being so hungry they want to chew off their arm....

so here goes.

my name is losingjusme and i have been banded a year (i cant believe it's been a year!!!) and the past month i have really been having a difficult time with my eating.

what's the problem? ummm, i love to eat... sweets in particular. i 'celebrated' my bandiversary Tuesday with ice cream ... :omg: i just thank god that i worked out long and hard or my weight would be up about 10-15 pounds ... (nope, wasnt just that one night of ice cream)...

anyone else having problems?

any long term bandsters have any words of wisdom?

Hi Losingusme,

Thanks for starting this thread. I am scheduled for my first 6 month check-up tomorrow and feel like my weight loss has really slowed down. They say I am on schedule, about 45 lb. weight loss, but I lost a good 15 lbs. before the surgery. I guess I am just getting antsy!

Congrats. on your weight loss...I think you are doing MAAAAvelous!

I've been banded for 3 years and I'm still struggling to loose the last 25 lbs. I've been gaining and loosing the same 10 lbs for over a year now. My fill doctor wont give me anymore fill because at one point (about 2 years ago) I had major problems with reflux and he had to empty my band completely to give my stomach a rest. Now, he wont fill me back up to my previous fill level and so, I can eat alot. :-( Its frustrating.

Hello ladies,

I don't fit into this thread as I have just had my first fill today...but I would like my husband to come here and join you. He's been banded for 6 months and has been playing with the same 10 pounds for two months or so. He's frustrated with the food he's eating and frustrated by his weight loss (72lbs as of today...) While 72 seems great, he can't get past the number looming in the distance...basically, another 100 pounds. He also set huge goals for himself and is so upset that he is not hitting them.

So, I'm going to wish you all luck and hope for you that you find your support on this thread...and I am going to email this to dh (Squale)...as I think it is important to find your niche on the boards....and this may be it!

Thanks and good luck.

Rain

I'm only 5 and a half months out but I'm still struggling. I've been going up and down with the same 5 lbs for at least 3 weeks now. I think I need another fill but I'm a little nervous. After my last fill I was so tight I could barely do more then liquids. I was also getting pains in my chest and jaw. I don't get the pains any more, but I am also back to feeling like I have no restriction at all.

Hello,

I am rainer's dh. We went for fills today. I was at 6cc's before the fill, and even though I am down 74 pounds and do not regret a single minute or decision, the fustration is completely overruling the positives, I know are true and fully believe in. Pre second fill, things were getting easier to eat, like I could eat an entire bagel sandwich, or the other night we hosted a party for my brother-in- law and in recap realized I ate a piece of cake and a pastery and cold have eaten more. I am force restricting myself to 3-4 oz portions on purpose, and excercising like a mad man, and have been playing with the same stinkin (is that a word?) 10 pounds for at least 6 weeks. uggghhhhh! The one realization I came to recently with my wife was, I started work again in september, (teacher) and all of the secretaries have candy bowls filled with hard candy on their desks, and because it's a piece here, and a piece there, It was no big deal, right? WRONG!, I figured out it equated to 400 calories per day of pure sugar! what an idiot. That's 2000 calories per work week. who knows... hopefully this fill will throw me into a good cycle.... Dr. Bertha pumped me up to 10cc's and basically told me to back into food slowly. Since today (liquids) went down sooooo slow, I think I'll follow his suggestion.

I look forward to this thread.

Pat

I had a fabulous two weeks of low carb eating. I lost 9 pounds, ran a 5k, was working out everyday, the works. Then on Tuesday someone brought in some fudge (Mackinaw Island-the best) from a fundraiser that I had purchased for DH. I decided there would be no harm in having a little taste because I had been doing so well. Well 3 hours later I had eaten the whole half pound. Not only that but the next day I ate the other half pound of Peanut Butter fudge. It just kept getting worse. Mint-Chocolate Iced Cappacinos from Tim Hortons, fast food, fries, pizza, biscuits and gravy. I have gained like 4 pounds this week. I have been eating until I am sick, puking and then eating more. I am in rough shape. Why the fuck do I have to be addicted to food? At this point I would rather be addicted to nicotine or even fucking heroin. I wish there was some sort of event that I could blame the problem on but there isn't. I don't know why I am doing this. I just know that it has to stop.

Okay so the point of my super long confession/rant is that when you are on a plan it is easy. It is so easy to follow once you get going. But once you go off, it is even harder to gt back on track. One little sliver of fudge sent me on a downward spiral and now I have to find a way to pick up the pieces and start again. One meal at a time. I have been up for 2 hours and I have had a protien shake for Breakfast. I have achieved my first goal of the day.

babygrl you are so right. It is all a state of mind. When I'm in the right state of mind it does seem so easy and I think wow I can do this. I can eat this way forever. I don't even miss the junk. Then something happens and my state of mind shifts and it is so hard to get it back.