Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*** life at 3wks of being banned****

I just had the lap band put in on wednesday 10.10.07 so this is all very new to me. I am glad that I have found this site so that I can learn from everyone on here and share my own experiences. I am sticking to Water, clear Soup and a little jelly or yoghurt at the moment and think that I am still feeling emotional hunger rather than physical hunger so I am finding lots of ways to distract myself from wanting to eat.

:o

You have no idea how glad I am that I am not the only one in this situation. I feel embarrased (or it is humiliated) that I just went through this whole process and I'm already starting to mess it up. I have a strong resolve today and I hope I scared myself enough to keep it!

This is great! I am 8 days post op and yesterday I was sooo hungry. I went shopping instead but I could eat all day! I'm glad to hear this is normal. It is hard to stick to liquids when you are sooo really hungry. Beth

Boy, this thread scares me a bit... I was hoping the band would help me with the feeling of hunger, because that is exactly my problem. I know a lot of my eating is head hunger but I was hoping the physical feeling of being full would over-ride the head.

My doctor mandates that we keep a daily diet journal and will not give a fill unless you produce the journal at your appointment. His practice does this because making you write down what you are doing makes you accountable, and it helps to highlight any issues you are having.

Do you keep a diet journal? Maybe this would help, especially if you are completely honest in writing down everything. Sometimes seeing something on paper makes it more real.

I am feeling a bit of failure. I was banded 9/19/07 and I will have my first fill 10/25. The hunger is about to make me crazy. I do note that eating the Protein helps with the hunger. Reading your posts have helped me know that I am not alone and we will do this together.

I have lost 20+ lbs, am off my arthritis meds(which I thought I could never do without). Why in the world would I want to sabotage such good things? All I can think about is going out to dinner and having a huge something. DH is like a food policeman. I know he means well, went through the op with me, etc. I am venting. Love this site.

Thank you all for your honesty and for posting, it is so easy to just read.

J

My resolve is back. I really scared myself yesterday. I am drinking lots of Protein as that really does help. Also a lot of sf popsicles. From what I understand getting the fills helps with the hunger.

My dr does not require a diet journal until you are done with mushies. That won't be until Oct 31st for me and my appt with him isn't until the 15th of Nov. May not be a bad idea to start now though. Thanks for your input.

I am two and a half months out and want to let everyone know that is does get a lot better once you start getting fills. You won`t be so hungry all the time. Keep happy thoughts!!!!

Donna

I am in the same boat. I started feeling hungry at 6 dpo and my Dr. said this was normal. He said to expect to gain a few pounds and I did gain 3 lbs, but have lost it again. I hate this feeling of hopelessness...that I have yet tired something else and it is not working as I had hoped. I am sticking to 1200 cal a day, but the weight is not budging.

Then again, I should be grateful for what has happened so far.

I get filled next week...so I hope that I feel some restriction!!

I'm only 6 days post-op and I've loved reading this post--to see what I might face in the next few weeks until my first fill. As all of you say, right now I feel so full I can bearly force in the 6-8 cups of liquid daily!

One thing I will add is that Protein shakes really seem to make my body feel good and full--Before surgery, I bought whey Protein isolate which mixes so-o-o easily with Water (and actually tastes better than with milk). I initially bought chocolate malt (amazon.com) but also purchased some unflavored protein as an adder plus, would you believe, chicken broth whey protein isolate from another site (powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com). So I'm on Clear liquids for two weeks and am still getting 60 grams of protein a day, which is really really helping!

We all need lots of determination and will power to see this initial changeover through! :Banane10:

Hi My name is LindaE(Lucky Gal) I was banded 9/11 Ive been doing pretty good except for the last 10 dady. Im do for a fill Nov.5th My Dr. Dr. Eagan said it was ok to have to Snacks a day. Between that and lotsnmof Fluid it helps dome. Other days I really crave food. Usually its from my emotional problems that have caused most of my over eating in the first place.I need to come to terms with why I over eat. I been having some difficult times and it scares me because this is a life long behavorial and and eating change. I hope it gets easier because ive only had my lapband for 1 month.Ill just plan to hang in there. thanks to every one out there and there support

<p>I Was Banded 9/18 And I'm Going For My First Fill On 10/17. Thank Goodness Because I Am Hungry More Often Now, But I Still Get Full Faster. Thats A Goos Thing Still! But Yes I Am Ready For A Fill.</p>

Hi, I was banded on 10/4 and the first week I was either satisfied with what I had or couldn't stand to eat anything, I lost 8 pounds. This week I am on the mushies, cream Soups, puddings and yogurts and I gained back a pound, not happy. But I am also noticing that I am getting more "head hunger" and maybe a little normal hunger too. I am glad to hear that this is normal and that with the fills we will soon see how the band will help us more. After all they wouldn't have all of us go through this if we were going to just end up in the same boat as we were in. But a good diet plan is a must to go along with it. I think weight watchers is the most realistic and easy to follow. Also Overeaters Annonymous is Free and you don't have to follow a diet per-say, just go for the support, I may go back to that. Most people who are successfull with OA, don't eat sugar, flour, eat 3 meals a day, nothing in between, One Day At A Time!!

Janet:glasses

Sorry to hear you all are going thru this. I am around 45 days post op and am still not hungry. I have to make myself eat or I will just skip meals. Protein Shakes in the morning do wonders, along with another one in the evening. I think I have tricked myself enough so I am no longer eating just to do it. I even went thru the Mcdonalds drice thru to get bottled Water just to see if I could do it....LOL

I 'm going today for my fill. I can eat anything!!! I hope my band has not slipped, becuase I have had know resriction at all!! I get so fustrated because i have spent all this money getting banded, and feel hungry all the time. I stopped weighing myself because I feel like I have gain all my weight back before the surgery. I really have been eating all the foods the Dr. told me to eat, but I eat until i'M FULL, and that could be 2 cups of Beans. So i can't wait to get filled.And I hope I have some restriction. I have heared it could take more than 1 fill before feeling restriction!!

I've been tons hungrier, but I'm more conscious about what I'm eating. Fat-free, low fat, sugar free, however I know that even that adds up. I think I'm more afraid to get sick and start throwing up from eating something I'm not supposed compared to just eating anything. I should be able to start solids today 10/02/07 was my banding date. I may wait until tomorrow. I'm SCARED. Heh.