Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exhausted, 2 weeks out and nothing but water

Let me know how it goes. I know drinking Water is extremely important, but he will want you to have nutrition as well.

Curious to know what he said today!

He's Romanian I think, and he's a very successful surgeon I did my homework and he has very high success rates. The nutritionist is surprised that he has said only Water and she told me to ask him tomorrow (we have my 2 week post op) I'm usually pretty shy and dont speak up but if he doesn't let me have something else I might start crying! Thats how frustrated I am! Im moody, I have headaches, and I always need a nap throughout the day. I was on the treadmill the other day and when I finished I had to hold on to the wall because I thought I was gonna pass out! Some say its good to cleanse your system and the first week I was fine and I bought excellent Vitamins and Isopure drinks and everything else I can have thats clear I'm just waiting to hear its ok

Sent from my SM-J727P using BariatricPal mobile app

Don't feel guilty at all! What you are doing is super hard. Being hungry is completely natural. Your body needs nutrients to survive (and to heal).

Remember that you are your one and best advocate for yourself. You know your body. Talk to your doctor. Be open and honest about what you're feeling and what your body needs. If you cry, it's okay; tears show your strength and passion.

Just keep swimming! This is a process, and everyone's process is different. Blessings!

I am pretty certain that you must have mis understood him. Water has zero calories and while that may seem great even the most restrictive diets allow 500 calories. He may have said Clear Liquids but if that's the sacrifice needed to reach your goal , then keep strong and mix it up. Ice cubes, cold and room temperature water. Sounds gourmet doesn't it ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

He did say Water only he said the body can sustain just fine for 3 weeks and its head hunger. And maybe he was right because there were no issues with my blood tests. But he also said that I can start full liquids at 3 weeks which is now! And at first I was super excited but now I'm scared I tried Tomato Soup today and it was so good but I don't know how much to eat I am so scared of failure that I don't want to try anything does anyone know how I can measure is it supposed to be 2 oz or 3? I don't want to stall my weight loss I've never had any regrets about my decision to have surgery and I don't see the dr again till end of July I just need some suggestions or tips from people that have been here

I am so happy you are doing better. Every surgeon has different guidelines, I'll bet you have lost a lot of weight! Yeah!

Not being mean, I am sure you want to follow your dr's orders, but honestly this is the ONLY time I ever heard of such restrictions for so long. Most say 700-800 calories first couple months, then to 1000 for a couple months, then to 1200, etc. ...60-80-100 gr Protein daily as soon as you can, then some steamed veg. But full liquids are just to get you started, put unflavored Protein Powder in your Soups, milk in your Protein Shakes, greek yogurt, etc to get the #gr of protein. You need protein for your metabolism and muscles or you will just lose muscle. Plus continue 64oz of fluids. Good luck.

He did say Water only he said the body can sustain just fine for 3 weeks and its head hunger. And maybe he was right because there were no issues with my blood tests. But he also said that I can start full liquids at 3 weeks which is now! And at first I was super excited but now I'm scared I tried Tomato Soup today and it was so good but I don't know how much to eat I am so scared of failure that I don't want to try anything does anyone know how I can measure is it supposed to be 2 oz or 3? I don't want to stall my weight loss I've never had any regrets about my decision to have surgery and I don't see the dr again till end of July I just need some suggestions or tips from people that have been here

I had the same fear. In fact, when I hit full liquids, I was still only doing medicine cup amounts. I talked to three of my friends about how they knew when they'd had enough. The answer was the same - you just feel it. So I took to the internet. Turns out that many people get a signal from their body post surgery. For some, it's a hiccup or burp; for others, it's a runny nose or a sneeze. I gradually increased my amount, and sure enough, I got a hiccup!

Just take your time. Listen to your body. If you're anything like me, everything feels different. It's like relearning how your own body works. I suggest taking it an ounce at a time. Do 1. If you're good and still hungry, work toward 2. It will take you a while to get to 3, and there will be stalls along the way. Just remember that it's a process, a journey. Don't not eat out of fear of not losing weight. That will send your body into starvation mode. When you hit a stall, increase your Protein and exercise a little. I've found that I have weight loss after days where I've had really solid protein intake.

Just keep swimming, sweetie! You're gonna make it!

Excellent start!
Go with 2 ounces and if you are satisfied stay with that.
Have you checked out any of the high Protein Soups or is that what you are using? Bone Broth is good too.