Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have fallen down a slippery slope :(

Sleeved 6-15-16 (Thursday will be 1-yr out for me)

I hit 100lbs lost back at the end of January (so that took me a little over 7 months to lose) Have been at a stand still ever since. Problem is, I started sneaking in a little junk food here and there (that was my main weekness before surgery). And sadly, I have never gotten sick while eating said junk food (cookies, cakes, ice cream, candy etc) I have also started craving Dunkin Donuts caramel iced coffee with cream and sugar. I have always LOATHED DESPISED HATED coffee. And now this. UGH!!!

My question is this.......is it too late for me? Will I be able to get back on track to start losing again? I still have another 100 to go. Should I start with basics again? Protein Shakes?

Edited by Lovin2lose

It's not too late!
Don't get into the habit of drinking your calories... yes I suggest you go back to morning Protein Shakes, increasing your Water consumption and logging everything you eat into mfp

Of course you can get back on track, but you have to decide that losing weight, getting healthy, and being active is more important to you than food and drink. It is as simple as that.

Good luck. You can turn this around if you put in the hard work.

50 minutes ago, Lovin2lose said:

My question is this.......is it too late for me? Will I be able to get back on track to start losing again?

No, it is not too late for you. After all, you'll be sleeved for life, foverer and ever. It's not as if your banana-shaped sleeve disappears into thin air after one year.

Here's the caveat...you are the only one who can conjure up the intrinsic motivation to get back on track and stay there.

Here's another reality: whatever method you utilize to get back on track will need to be the method you use to stay on track. An obesity physician once spoke wise words: "If you didn't like what you did in order to lose the weight, you won't like what you need to do to maintain the weight loss."

In other words, the habits you adopt while losing weight are some of the same ones you'll need to adhere to if you want to maintain the weight loss for life.

You can get back on track but it won't be easy. You are going to have to motivate yourself.

I lost most of my weight the first year but I still lost in the 2nd year and that is even with not being as strict and not having as much to lose. I start out near where you started. I lost around 129 pounds my first year and then another 40 or so over the last 12 months not really trying that hard.

So you can definitely lose, you just have to want to. Your tool is still there, you just have to get back to dense Protein and you can do it.

I am in the same boat! 80lbs down and at my NUT's goal (although I'd like to still lose another 20 personally) but I've been letting little Snacks slide here and there, creeping back into my eating for a few months now! It got to the point where I had gained 5lbs back, and that was a trend I wanted to stop in its tracks! SO I went back to Protein Shakes, counting calories, watching Protein, Water goals, exercise, etc as if I had just started the process again! And wouldn't you know? I've already lost that 5lbs back! Now I'm using this renewed energ yand motivation to stop being complacent and trying to reach my personal goals!

My point is, YOU CAN DO IT!!! And this step, posting this online and looking for help, is a great start to get your motivation back!!!! Good luck!! <3

I've messed up countless time by eating junk. The good thing about the surgery is that it pretty much prevents that massive gain that was possible before surgery. I mean, if there was no restriction on how much I cold eat I could have gained 25+ lbs in the past few weeks. Luckily, I only gained 4 lbs instead and have now lost them. I'm at 1 lb away from goal but I've been here like 5 times now. Each time I get here I let myself eat crap and will gain a few pounds and have jump back on the wagon again.

13 hours ago, Proud2BMe said:

The good thing about the surgery is that it pretty much prevents that massive gain that was possible before surgery.

The surgery prevents massive weight gain only if we eat lean, dense Protein and veggies that challenge the sleeve. Otherwise, it's possible to gain 100+ pounds with a sleeve.

I know someone who regained 150+ pounds in a little over a year by going off the rails. Her starting weight was 395 pounds. She lost 140 pounds in her first year with the sleeve before sliding back into old habits by grazing on sliders (read: chips, crackers, popcorn, Cookies, ice cream) during the second year. Her unsupportive husband also griped about the healthier meals she cooked, so she reverted back to preparing unhealthy food.

To keep a long story short, this lady now weighs 400 pounds and wants to get "back on track." Regaining 150 pounds with a sleeve must be a horribly dispiriting experience.

Massive weight gain with a sleeve can happen if a person grazes on sliders all day. Someone can eat 25 cookies (2500 calories) in one sitting and feel no fullness or satiety whatsoever, whereas it is impossible for the sleeve to accept 25 chicken thighs.