Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help me!

Today I went to the chiropractor the first words out of his mouth were you have to get the weight off that's why your back hurts that's why your joints hurt that's why you Walk This Way not like hi how you doing you know what brings you in today I mentioned that I am looking at possibly getting weight loss surgery he said well I had 2 clients do that and they gained everything back and it messed them up and they're dealing with more than being overweight now...

How do you handle telling people?

I'm over people saying it's easy way out he basically told me I'm like a heroin addict when it comes to food mind you this is my first time seeing this chiropractor in about eight years yes eight years ago I was a lot lighter but I just didn't see the point and I didn't know exactly how to respond without getting upset I feel like this is my journey and this is what I want to do and I feel it will help me permanently change my lifestyle...

Any and all advice would greatly be appreciated I guess I'm just wondering on my how to tell I thought for sure telling you know someone in the health field would be more encouraging and you know it would be easier because I found even telling close friend that has not been easy and again I just goes back to this is my journey I'm doing this for me I was wondering if anyone else came across this and how they dealt with it and didn't let all of that get in their head especially when you're so excited and you feel like you are set on the right path...

THANK YOU!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

Consult your Primary!!!! Anyone who doesn't support you does not need to be included. You will meet and find so many supportive people along the way. You chiropractor seems like a negative Nancy (also not a primary or surgeon) and trust me his two patients are not the thousands of people who are successful! Trust your intuition and find your happiness!!! The process will help you and you can get more info with even just a consult. Plus you will have so many psych and nutrition appts that they help and set you up to succeed!!!! Whatever you decided, I hope you find what it's the most comfortable for you. It's your life and you live it. Show haters the door, health and happiness first!!!! Good luck!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches