Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 months post op. Wondering about pain medication. I have been having bad headaches several days in a row. I take over the counter Tylenol pills but they don't do anything for me. Am I still supposed to crush them? If yes, for how long?

I was told I can't take anything larger than a tic tak. If I need Tylenol, which is rare, I have adult liquid. My Vitamins are all chewable and luckily I don't take any medication.

"Ask your doctor" is the correct advice for you. For me, personally, I still have trouble taking standard size pills at nearly 4 months post op, but I can do it, both tolerance wise and with the advisement of my surgeon.

One week out and swallow pills with ease. Ok'd by my doc. I don't know why the liquid would work better pain wise if you get the pills down it's the same medicine. Yup. Call the Dr and see what the cause of your headache is.

10 hours ago, rainyann said:

I was told I can't take anything larger than a tic tak. If I need Tylenol, which is rare, I have adult liquid. My Vitamins are all chewable and luckily I don't take any medication.

Did he say for just while you heal or is this forever?

@diana52817

What is your Fluid consumption like? Headache are often the first sign of dehydration.

1 hour ago, diana52817 said:

Did he say for just while you heal or is this forever?

Not sure because I don't take any medications anyhow.. If I need to then I will ask.... Liquid Tylenol works for me but I almost never need it

Diana is new to the site and isn't sure how to respond to us. She emailed me and she ended up crushing her Tylenol and got some relief. I advised her to get some liquid Tylenol but I'm unsure if she'll know how to respond to my email.

You should definitely check with your surgeon or surgeon's RN. I was told that I can't take anything larger than a dime so I cut my tablets where I can. I'm also taking hairnamics (huge pills) to help lessen Hair loss and I can now cut them in half and take them that way. If I must take acetaminophen, I take children's liquid otc for now. My other Vitamins are chewables like Flintstones or Celebrate (love their watermelon flavor).

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you all for your input. I did message my dr. but it being a holiday I have to wait for an answer. Forgive me for being everywhere with this site. I am new and trying to figure out how this works. Lol.

I am glad that I was able to find this site. I needed to get into a support group. I hear how important it is if you want succeed in your journey.

I'm new, too! Found this site right before surgery, but haven't used it as much as I have my fb support groups.

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you all for your input. I did message my dr. but it being a holiday I have to wait for an answer. Forgive me for being everywhere with this site. I am new and trying to figure out how this works. Lol.
I am glad that I was able to find this site. I needed to get into a support group. I hear how important it is if you want succeed in your journey.

Yay you are learning how to navigate the site. Let us know what the Dr says

It's been a while but let me tell you what I was told. I CAN take pill form at this stage. As to why my headache was not going away when I was taking Tylenol is another question for my regular doctor. I did get relief when I crushed the pill so I did not follow up with her. My guess is it was probably a Migraine OR crushing the pill helped. Who knows. Anyway, haven't had another headache since and haven't needed Tylenol for anything else so no way to know.

Thank you!