Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it's been one year since surgery. I am so thankful everyday for my sleeve. Before surgery I had to be on oxygen because I was so overweight I couldn't breathe properly and could hardly walk around a room without getting out of breath. Now I can walk 6 miles and up hills without stopping for a rest.
I'm down 200 since surgery and 263 overall. I started at a size 36/38 (probably stretching it out) and now I'm a 18/20 too and 22 bottom (though probably smaller because of my extra skin...that will be gone soon though).
I'm having a panniculectomy on June 5th. I'm nervous but also excited. Anyone who has had it...what are some things you think I'll need to help me out while recovering!
I had a really rough 6 months after surgery with a bunch of complications but even with all of that I would do this again in a heartbeat.
My stats are:
Highest: 540
Surgery: 480
Current: 277.2
Goal: 199
Height: 5'10

I am almost exactly half who I used to be.
IMG_6443.JPG.aa20bb7462619826950d67eac64a584b.JPG IMG_6329.JPG.26a6b3cc05a5403fcd555ac97a4cd163.JPG IMG_5910.JPG.ba882aca52df431b595d8d1f7c2a5274.JPG IMG_6250.thumb.JPG.0cf4e492ddba6600267013ee641d1f7c.JPG IMG_2125.JPG.926b7e7bdf6ab1dd8309851741681600.JPG IMG_6504.thumb.JPG.5389c8eff9468b437f32f64ac78ccb99.JPG

What a great transformation, you've done an awesome job, my surgery is June 21st, and I doubt I'm doing the right thing because my mom is totally against it, when I hear stories like yours I'm completely sure of my decision. I only have 80 lbs to lose but it's taking a toll on my body, my legs are in alot of pain all the time now. Thank you so much for sharing your surgiversury with all of us, your pics are so inspiring I don't think these pics are so important until you get to see such awesome inspiration like yours. Thank you!

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

Early HAPPY SURGIVERSARY!!!!!

You are AMAZING!!!! Sheesh, I'm not up to walking 6 miles yet! Lol.

You'll do great with your pan. Have your fevers gotten better?

@nomorefattypatty Aww! Thank you! Only you can decide whether this is the right choice for you. There will always be people who don't support your decision and those who do. You are the only one who knows for sure. Good luck on your journey.

@Berry78 Thank you!! I'm so excited for my panni! It's only 7 days away!! So nerve wracking lol. I just want it to be here! My fevers are still doing the same things! So frustrating...All my tests are coming back normal! So crazy.... Thanks for asking!! also haha I really don't know how I walk so far. I've been working up to it! It takes me about 2 hours to walk 6 miles. It's funny...while I'm walking I'm totally fine and feel like I can go on even longer but then when I stop...I feel like I need to lay down for a while. lol. I walked 6.2 miles yesterday and I only stopped for about 30 seconds the whole walk. I feel so proud of my progress!

@Gulleba Thank you so much! :)

@ThickFitChick Aww! Thanks so much! That's what most people say...that I look much happier now...which I am! I finally feel like I can be the person I knew I was! I enjoy life so much more now!

@Joann454 Thank you!

@OutsideMatchInside Thank you so much! I definitely plan to! It's been a rough road with many ups and downs but I am so thankful for this journey!

Just amazing! What an incredible journey, I bet you are feeling awesome!

I haven't had any plastics, but my mom has. We live together, so I got to see what she went through when she got got her panni/TT done.

I think the number one thing is have someone there who is willing to basically be your maid for at least 2 weeks. My dad did nearly everything for her as she was on very heavy drugs and couldn't walk for a while. Make sure that person keeps a daily record of all the meds you take, when you took them, and when you need to take them again. Once my dad stepped out and I needed to give meds to my mom but I couldn't read his writing on what she had already taken!

The surgeon's office also gave her a handout about the psychological effect of the surgery. It is very common to become depressed in the weeks afterward and add to that all the drugs, pain, and being cooped up, my mom definitely got depressed. Let your helper know that you might be kind of a mopey b***h for a while! ;p

I'd say it took her about 6 weeks to feel somewhat normal again. It seemed like a hard process but she seems super happy she took the plunge!

@fruitandveggies Thank you! I do feel awesome! Thank you for the tips! I live with my parents and will have someone with me for a few weeks after surgery so that will help!

@CattMyst Aww! Thank you!

Congrats!! That is awesome to change your life.
Please be very careful getting up or sitting/ lying down. That was painful for me. The compression garment helped a lot!!
You will feel better when you are up around after!!

Congrats!! That is awesome to change your life.
Please be very careful getting up or sitting/ lying down. That was painful for me. The compression garment helped a lot!!
You will feel better when you are up around after!!

Thank you so much! I will be careful!