Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone!!! So I know it's not unusual to go through stalls but I feel as if this one is my LONGEST. I've been at a stall for about 3 weeks now ! I'm sticking to my plan where I eat high Protein and low carbs. Eating about 3-4oz of protein for my meals 3x a day and for snack will usually be a fruit or yogurt. Is it too much food? I try and get at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday as well. A little background of myself...day of surgery 345...3rd month check up was 287 and current weight is 252...I wanted to at least be at 245 when I see my surgeon which is on 6/23 PLEASE HELP lol any advice would be great!

Congrats on your weight loss. Please don't beat yourself up. You have did an outstanding job. I know how it is when you hit a stall. Just keep on doing what you do and try not to stress if you do not get down to 245 by 6/23. Look at it on the bright side...you haven't gained just maintained.

Congrats on your weight loss. Please don't beat yourself up. You have did an outstanding job. I know how it is when you hit a stall. Just keep on doing what you do and try not to stress if you do not get down to 245 by 6/23. Look at it on the bright side...you haven't gained just maintained.

Your so right !!! It's just these stalls are so discouraging when your doing all the right things and no movement! I'm sure I'll get down to my goal...it's just going to take some time before I do! Thank you!!

On 5/22/2017 at 9:37 AM, Lulu_RNY said:

Hey everyone!!! So I know it's not unusual to go through stalls but I feel as if this one is my LONGEST. I've been at a stall for about 3 weeks now ! I'm sticking to my plan where I eat high Protein and low carbs. Eating about 3-4oz of Protein for my meals 3x a day and for snack will usually be a fruit or yogurt. Is it too much food? I try and get at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday as well. A little background of myself...day of surgery 345...3rd month check up was 287 and current weight is 252...I wanted to at least be at 245 when I see my surgeon which is on 6/23 PLEASE HELP lol any advice would be great!

First. 93 lbs is AMAZING! Whatever you do, DO NOT ignore that amazing feat right there!
Now, a little tip that a LOT of people miss out on. Muscle building. Larger muscles require more energy at rest than small muscles do. Cardio is great, but it's only going to do so much, because those muscles aren't needing anything more (and weighing 93 lbs less means you are working a LOT less to do the same cardio) Try to do some muscle building on your gluts and quads as well as your triceps (which are around 3 times larger than biceps but most people forget to work them out). Add some muscle building to your work out and you should start seeing more fat / weight coming off. Just remember, the larger the muscle, the more fuel it needs. You might see some weight gain due to muscle mass, but as long as you keep up your intake routine, those numbers will start to drop again. Muscle does weigh more than fat as well. But you have done amazing. Don't stress too much!

Edited by Matt Z

First. 93 lbs is AMAZING! Whatever you do, DO NOT ignore that amazing feat right there!
Now, a little tip that a LOT of people miss out on. Muscle building. Larger muscles require more energy at rest than small muscles do. Cardio is great, but it's only going to do so much, because those muscles aren't needing anything more (and weighing 93 lbs less means you are working a LOT less to do the same cardio) Try to do some muscle building on your gluts and quads as well as your triceps (which are around 3 times larger than biceps but most people forget to work them out). Add some muscle building to your work out and you should start seeing more fat / weight coming off. Just remember, the larger the muscle, the more fuel it needs. You might see some weight gain due to muscle mass, but as long as you keep up your intake routine, those numbers will start to drop again. Muscle does weigh more than fat as well. But you have done amazing. Don't stress too much!

Thank you so much!!! I never thought of it that way. I do plan on adding weights and hitting the gym a little harder for this summer! Hopefully, like u said that should do the trick! Thanks again for the much needed advice!