Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm not at goal yet but I'm having the extra skin on my stomach removed because it's giving me so much trouble.

The surgeon said mine will be one of the largest he's done.

My surgery is June 5th.

I'm so nervous because it will be a 5 hour surgery and they had trouble waking me up from my sleeve surgery which was shorter. I woke up with the breathing tube in.

Also he told me I have a higher chance of infection and wound complication because of my past history and some meds I'm on. It will be a 70 cm incision.

I have to stop 2 of my psoriasis meds which also scares me. My psoriasis is pretty severe when not medicated. Even when medicated I can have our breaks. 3 times in my life, and each time worse than the last, I've ended up in the hospital with a really bad out break where basically all my skin comes off.

Even with all these things I feel like I NEED this surgery to improve my quality of life. I'm almost down 260 pounds from my highest of 540 and my extra skin is pretty bad already. I can't do any of the other surgeries until I reach goal but this is one I can do part way.

He's explained that I may need a revision Tummy Tuck when I reach goal since I'm still a little less than 100 pounds away from goal.

Insurance approved coverage first try though which gives you an idea of how bad it is.

I'm just nervous and excited at the same time.

Has anyone had this surgery? What was your recovery like? What were your results?

I don't do well with surgery generally. After the sleeve surgery I was kept 5 days instead of 2 and was in pain for 3 weeks. After my gallbladder removal I was readmitted to the hospital due to pain.

They told me I wouldn't be able to save my belly button. So now I get to tell people I am an alien or was created in a lab..which I'm kind of looking forward to. Lol

I'm so nervous but also so hopeful this will help...

Good luck on your surgery. Losing a belly button - that is unique !

If it helps, I don't think wild horses could make you go under the knife again after this one ;)

(Hugs) you are going to do great! I bet things will go better than last time since you aren't as heavy! And just think how much easier a time you'll have moving around once you're healed.

Be prepared for your pubic area to be swollen for months afterwards because of the disruption to the vascular system (hinders drainage).

Before the surgery, make sure you have a very reliable thermometer, and get in the habit of taking your temperature every day. That way you know what is normal for you. You need to monitor temps for a month after surgery. (it can take surprisingly long for infection to show up).

Do you have someone that can take care of you and the house for a few weeks?

Good luck. I will say some prayers for you and the surgical team. Smooth surgery and steady recovery.

I'm praying you have a fast recovery and very little pain. Belly buttons are over rated anyways.

I have not had this surgery, but you are one of my favorites here, so wishing you all the best!!!

@James Marusek Thanks!!

@Berry78 I'm hoping it won't be so bad so I will be able to get the other surgeries! haha. We'll see I guess... Thanks though! You are right. Hopefully the surgery won't be as hard since I'm almost 200 pounds lighter than when I was when I got the sleeve surgery. They are doing a mons lift in addition to the panniculectomy so I imagine it will be swollen. I have to take my temperature everyday already since I have been having low grade fevers every day for over 5 weeks :-/ Also, I live with my parents so they are going to help. They are going away 2 weeks after my surgery but my aunt is coming to stay while they are gone.

@Sosewsue61 Thank you!!

@Smores Thank you! I agree! haha

@chynadoll619 Thanks! I'm not sure. I wasn't breathing properly when they took the breathing tube out so they had to put it back in and I had it in for a few minutes after I finally woke up. It was kind of scary.

@Navigating the Wilderness Aww! That's so sweet! Thank you! I'm glad you like what I post! haha

Low grade fevers for 5 weeks? Do you have an elevated white count? How is your thyroid?

@Berry78 They haven't found a source yet :( I had 19 vials of blood taken on Friday... They've done xrays and blood cultures. It doesn't look like an infection and my thyroid is fine. They are looking into lupus now. We are waiting for more blood tests results to come in from Friday. She said at some point we call it a fever of unknown origin but I don't even qualify for that because they only get up to 100.7 and you need to have them at 101.1 for that diagnosis *heavy sigh* She consulted with other doctors and we just have to wait for these blood tests to come back and then go from there....ugh!

I will keep you in my prayers.