Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not off the rails but concerned about small weight gain.

So I'm not off the rails by any means, but struggling to get even a few lbs off.

I'm 2 yrs & 8 months post VSG. And 4 months post LBL. Up until my LBL I'd consistently maintained a 130 lbs weight loss. Maintaining that loss was not without effort. My diet in check, track everything I eat, exercise 6 days a week. Immediately after LBL I feel like a switch got flipped. My weight bounced around a bit with the expected weight loss with my skin removal (which was minor as it truly was just skin being removed) and then the expected gain with swelling and of course lack of activity while I recovered. Nothing that concerned me. But now I'm up 7 lbs and I can't seem to shake it.

I've locked down my eating, increased my Water intake, I've been back to previous amount of cardio for over two months, I'm keeping a tight control on sugar and carbs which is much harder these days, getting in all my Protein and still the scale isn't moving. It's like my body is intent on holding onto the extra weight. What gives!!!! I feel like if my calorie intake goes above 1,000 a day, I gain weight which is crazy. I was able to maintain eating 1200-1400 a day before.

I know it's just 7 lbs, but 7 becomes 10. And fear of returning to old habits and regaining weight is always top of mind with me.

I'm sure I'm not alone. Hoping this is just part of the recovery.

How long since the LBL? I thought you were bloated with those for like 6 months.

How long since the LBL? I thought you were bloated with those for like 6 months.

4 months since LBL. I sure hope that's it although I don't feel swollen anymore. I'll be so grateful if that's all it is, just don't want to give myself an excuse if I don't deserve one, that's how I gained all my weight in the first place.

Thanks so much for responding makes me feel a little better [emoji8]

I'm not sure if you look on real self but a lot of those ladies talk about the swelling and bloat.

Did you get lymphatic massage post-op? If not it isn't too late to start.

3 hours ago, imadethelist said:

So I'm not off the rails by any means, but struggling to get even a few lbs off.

I'm 2 yrs & 8 months post VSG. And 4 months post LBL. Up until my LBL I'd consistently maintained a 130 lbs weight loss. Maintaining that loss was not without effort. My diet in check, track everything I eat, exercise 6 days a week. Immediately after LBL I feel like a switch got flipped. My weight bounced around a bit with the expected weight loss with my skin removal (which was minor as it truly was just skin being removed) and then the expected gain with swelling and of course lack of activity while I recovered. Nothing that concerned me. But now I'm up 7 lbs and I can't seem to shake it.

I've locked down my eating, increased my Water intake, I've been back to previous amount of cardio for over two months, I'm keeping a tight control on sugar and carbs which is much harder these days, getting in all my Protein and still the scale isn't moving. It's like my body is intent on holding onto the extra weight. What gives!!!! I feel like if my calorie intake goes above 1,000 a day, I gain weight which is crazy. I was able to maintain eating 1200-1400 a day before.

I know it's just 7 lbs, but 7 becomes 10. And fear of returning to old habits and regaining weight is always top of mind with me.

Are you eating hearty foods with little to no sauce or broth? Are you drinking Water with your meals? You're not supposed to drink before or after your meals. Are you taking 20 minutes to eat each meal? Are you following the 2-3-2 rule? Are you drinking liquid calories or snacking between meals?

@imadethelist

I just wanted to add, I can't imagine how much Water weight your might still have from surgery. I gain 5 pounds of water with my cycle every month.

A lower body lift is rather brutal. If you are keeping your food on track, I would really go with water weight and I think mssages would really help you.

Are you eating hearty foods with little to no sauce or broth? Are you drinking Water with your meals? You're not supposed to drink before or after your meals. Are you taking 20 minutes to eat each meal? Are you following the 2-3-2 rule? Are you drinking liquid calories or snacking between meals?

Im on point with most but good reminders on slowing down my eating and not drinking anything before or after I could probably do better at those. Thanks for the reminders.

I'm not sure if you look on real self but a lot of those ladies talk about the swelling and bloat.
Did you get lymphatic massage post-op? If not it isn't too late to start.

I'll schedule that message this week. Great excuse to have a massage

I'm 4yrs out from VSG in Oct and I had all of my plastic surgery 13 months ago. Don't freak out swelling will come and go for at least 12 months. Just stick to what your doing and it will be fine. If you stress it will cause all sorts of problems. Try measuring this should show you when you are swelling which should be in line with wait gain or a stall. Your body is in shock so try to be patient with it.

Thanks all. I seem to be in check again. Good lesson that I need to trust my body and my sleeve. Thanks for all the kind encouragement.