Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Thank you for responding Sula, I know you are right, I am just soooooo frustrated with myself! Maybe if we all check-in and support each other through this rough time, we'll come out on the other side. I know we can all be successful, it is just 'harder' than I thought it'd be . . . dang it!

I too need to make exercise a priority and hopefully when I do, coupled with a good fill, I'll get the scales moving the right way again. This is just such a HEAD thing for me . . . WHY is that??? Does anyone else feel that way? Turns out, I am a stress eater . . . ha Who knew? :biggrin:

Thanks again for the support -

Lynn - I agree with Sula - you are being too hard on yourself. We are all in a struggle here, I think we all thought we would be at goal by now, or at least I did. But, I finally realized, its not a race, its my life. I will continue to try and I will get there some day. The beauty of the band is, it will continue to work, so it doesn't stop working at 1 yr, or 2 yrs, or even 5 years.

For the last two weeks I've been exercising 5 times a week, so I've been trying to get back into the swing of thing. My biggest problem is EATING. I don't eat much I don't think, one plate and I'm done, where as before it was at least 2 plates. But, I eat the WRONG stuff! Sugar, yes, Sugar calls my name almost on a daily basis. Pies, cakes, Cookies, they all call me, I love chocolate, man do I love chocolate.

Its hard, but we can do it! We will do it, so hang in there and we'll all get there!

I suppose the best option would be to count calories. I hate that. When I did it for a while, I was suprised at how many calories I was consuming when I thought I was at around 900 to 1000 (it was like 1500. It was actually difficult to get to 1200. I probably could do Protein Drinks only.

I think I eat like a thin person...most of the time. So why aren't I thin? Argggg. Too many fat cells?

Off topic...do you guys have aches and pains? I'm 49. Geez I get stiff sometimes and achy. I did my four mile walk...in a hour, so I was moving. But as I sit here on the puter...ouch when I move. Sad, huh? I need to start doing yoga or pilates again. Seemed to free me up.

It seems like we are all at the same place. We just need to look at where we have been and where we are now. I know that I have good restriction, I just need to exercise more and stay away from the ice cream. Sometimes I think my restriction is too tight so I crave the ice cream because it goes down so easy.

I also have acid reflux at night if I eat after 6:00. Not fun. I also have to sleep with my head proped up on two pillows. It takes about 4 hours for the food to go through and I usually eat mushy foods. You would think I could lose this last 20 lbs.

Don't get discouraged,

Good Morning,

How is everyone doing today? Sticking with it?

Gerio, I think if I had the reflux and had to eat earlier in the night instead of the 8pm thing I end up doing , I'd lose weight. Since I go to bed at around 9-10, it doesn't leave time. My bad. I work late several nights a week and we just got into a bad habit. I know I should change, but lack the ability to stick to it... It does sound as if you are too tight. Have you talked to your doc?

I'm working on my "stiffness" and aches and pains by adding in some yoga/pilates...just a bit. I feel better today but also didn't do my four mile walk. The dogs barked off and on all night and I couldn't get good sleep so I'm dragging a bit. I do some walking when I get off work, tho. BTW...we live in the country so the dogs only bug us...not the neighbors. Appears the coyotes and a skunk were visiting. Pee UUUU.

Good morning, I just got back from fill #11, and I think I will be heading back, I think its too tight again. I'm pBing on a Protein Shake - right now I'm trying sipping on it and see how it does. But by 4:00 if it doesn't get better, I'll be heading back to the doc.

Well, hope all is well with everyone, Gerio - I have acid refluc before and I know it is not fun.

Well I just PB'd again, I think I'm heading back to the doc - I can't hold down liquids - I know if I don't go now, by tonight I won't be able to hold down my saliva.

Well, i better go tell my boss - I don't know what I'm going to tell her because she doesn't know about my band.

I went back to the doc yesterday and he took a little more than .2 cc's out. He said I'm somewhere between 3.6 and 3.8 cc's. Whats weird is, I was supposed to be at 3.9 or 3.8 cc originally but had no restriction (or very little restriction). But when he pulled out my cc's, he could only get out 2.4 - so no wonder I didn't have restriciton! But now I'm back to over 3 again.

I am drinking a Protein Shake for Breakfast, and I can tell I'm tight - I LOVE IT! So, we'll see how long this last. If I get lose pretty quick, I'm going to request they take a good long at my band, I'm thinking I might have a small leak.

I should probably have a little taken out but I like the restriction I currently have. I have been on a liquid diet for two days and I feel pretty good. I am now eating soft Protein (doing the 5 day pouch test but only for 4 days since we are going on vacation). Part of the band is just knowing what you can and cannot tollerate.

Trying to find more time to exercise. I talke the stairs at work instead of the elevator. At night my daughter wants me to run the bleachers and around the track at the hight school. She is married and trying to drop a few pounds. I ride my bike there and then walk the track. I have a bad knee that will have to be replaced in a few years.

Have a great day and keep up the good work,

Its day 3 of my fill and I have restriction! I'm so happy I could CRY!!!!! Its been a long road to get to my restriction since November of last year. thats when I got overfilled, spent Thanksgiving in the hospital and they had to take so much out because I was so swollen.

Today, I took my kids to the mall to finish up some school shopping, we had lunch, I had a greek gero (sp?) meal, ate just a few bites and was full. So, my kids wanted dip n dots. I thought, hey, I'll get the fat free one, just a very small cup. So I'm eating my dipn dots, Fat Free fudge dip n dots, and I PB'd. Yes, I pb'd on Ice cream! I didn't even PB on the wheat pita bread I ate for lunch with the steak meat, but I PB on ice cream? I think I was just too full. I do notice I have more problems drinking cold drinks, it seems I get really tight when I eat or drink something cold. My doc says sometimes the cold makes your esophagus spasm. Not sure, but I do no that I definately PB'd! I had to run to the bathroom and it was full, so I was holding it in my mouth about to spit it out everywhere, when finally a stall came open and burst in there and it shot out everywhere (yes, I know it gross,:tongue:)

I am just so happy to even PB - I am so totaly thrilled that I have restriction. I'm just hoping it last! Since my fill on Wednesday and the slight unfill, I've lost 5 lbs!

Well, I'm headed for Mexican tonight and I told my DH that I would split a meal with him (fajitas) So I have to stay away from the chips!!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.:tt2:

PS - I'm kicking some butt on my exercise program too!

I'm on my 3rd week of making it the gym at least 5 times! This week, I think I'll make it 6!

Congrats Sunshine!!

I'm so happy for you :tt2:. I still have not found my happy spot... I'm either too lose or way too tight. We just don't seem to be able to get it right. I too have gained...yuck. But when I get a fill I have acid reflux you wouldn't believe. I seriously don't know what to do next. Like the rest of my band friends I'm having difficulty making good food choices...:confused2:. It is also a problem that my new insurance doesn't cover fills. I just feel awful putting the Fluid in one week and taking most of it out the next. Any advice would be appreciated. My dr. says make good food choices...if I was good at that I wouldn't need my band.lol.

Thanks all,

Susie

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well tonight . . .

Thank you all for your thoughts and posts - I ended up going in on Wednesday and getting a very small fill. I would have liked to have had a little more, but my doctor thought it would be too much, too soon and that I'd be back the next day needing some taken out if he put too much in. So, he put in .2 and will add another .2 in a couple of weeks if I still think I need it. I am certain that I will.

I am like Tonya, in that - a tiny amount can make a huge difference with me, my problem is that apparently - it is not supposed to make that much difference, so my doctor doesn't think it does or will. But - It DOES! It DOES! I am at 2.2 right now and know that 2.3 1/ 2 is (or at least, has been) a good fit for me in the past.

I had my breast biopsy on Thursday and am anxious to get the results from that so that I can get on with 'it' , whatever 'it' is . . . I am finding it hard to really focus or commit for fear that my plan will get de-railed when the results come in. I know it sounds like an excuse, and I think it just comes from the reality of losing my sister to breast cancer 2 years ago. I have been eating less since the fill on Wednesday, but haven't been good about exercising this week.

Tonya - it really sounds to me like you might have a little leak somewhere. Did you ever talk to your doctor about filling you with the Omnipaque? That might solve your problem of losing your fill if you do in fact have a leak.

Thank you all for your thoughts and posts - I ended up going in on Wednesday and getting a very small fill. I would have liked to have had a little more, but my doctor thought it would be too much, too soon and that I'd be back the next day needing some taken out if he put too much in. So, he put in .2 and will add another .2 in a couple of weeks if I still think I need it. I am certain that I will.

I am like Tonya, in that - a tiny amount can make a huge difference with me, my problem is that apparently - it is not supposed to make that much difference, so my doctor doesn't think it does or will. But - It DOES! It DOES! I am at 2.2 right now and know that 2.3 1/ 2 is (or at least, has been) a good fit for me in the past.

It is amazing what a tiny bit does to me. .2 cc's can close me completely up. So far this last fill is working, so I hope it stays.

I had my breast biopsy on Thursday and am anxious to get the results from that so that I can get on with 'it' , whatever 'it' is . . . I am finding it hard to really focus or commit for fear that my plan will get de-railed when the results come in. I know it sounds like an excuse, and I think it just comes from the reality of losing my sister to breast cancer 2 years ago. I have been eating less since the fill on Wednesday, but haven't been good about exercising this week.

I also had a biopsy on Friday. I really haven't said much about it, but I was diagnosed with Barretts esophagus a few weeks ago. they did find a tumor, very small in my esophagus, so I had my biopsy on Friday. They thought it look good and not cancerous, but it is still nerve wrecking waiting on the results. I know you must be very scared waiting, especially since you have lost you sister to breast cancer. You will be in my prayers and I truly pray that everything is okay. Did they tell you how long it would be for the results? They told me about a week. I'm not too worried about mine, however, I do know that that Barretts Esophagus is the leading cause of Esophagus cancer and pretty incurable. Or at least only 5% surrive, So, I am just believing that everything is okay. It keeps me sane.

Tonya - it really sounds to me like you might have a little leak somewhere. Did you ever talk to your doctor about filling you with the Omnipaque? That might solve your problem of losing your fill if you do in fact have a leak.

I'm really afraid I might have one too. The doc doesn't think so. I did ask him about Omnipaque and he gave me so long story that really didn't make sense to me. He said something about it aroding the tube, ya da ya da ....But if I do have a leak, I will demand the omnipaque first. Because I know if I do have a leak, it is very very small.

Edited by Sunshine2

Congrats Sunshine!!

I'm so happy for you :). I still have not found my happy spot... I'm either too lose or way too tight. We just don't seem to be able to get it right. I too have gained...yuck. But when I get a fill I have acid reflux you wouldn't believe. I seriously don't know what to do next.

One thing I notice with acid reflux is when I eat too late, I have it. So I've started making sure no food or drink in my mouth 2 to 3 hours before bed time. Last night I took some medicine with a tiny sip of Water, well about 2 am, i had the reflux and I could taste the pill the powdery stuff, it was nasty!

Like the rest of my band friends I'm having difficulty making good food choices...:confused2:. It is also a problem that my new insurance doesn't cover fills. I just feel awful putting the Fluid in one week and taking most of it out the next. Any advice would be appreciated. My dr. says make good food choices...if I was good at that I wouldn't need my band.lol.

Oh, I think is all of our problem. I'm doing better the past 3 weeks with my food choices, after an entire year of eating just what i wanted. I think I'm back in the game, but I know how hard it is to get back in the game! I think its such a struggle! Just hang in there and try and eat meat first, that really helps me.

I should probably have a little taken out but I like the restriction I currently have. I have been on a liquid diet for two days and I feel pretty good. I am now eating soft Protein (doing the 5 day pouch test but only for 4 days since we are going on vacation). Part of the band is just knowing what you can and cannot tollerate.,

How did the pouch test go? Can you tell a difference? How as you vacation by the way?

Trying to find more time to exercise. I talke the stairs at work instead of the elevator. At night my daughter wants me to run the bleachers and around the track at the hight school. She is married and trying to drop a few pounds. I ride my bike there and then walk the track. I have a bad knee that will have to be replaced in a few years.

Every little bit of exercise helps. I thought about taking the stairs at work also, but my knee just can't do it. I have a hard time on stairs, going up or down just kills me. The elliptical is about the only exercise I can do and not be hurting at the end. I still have to ice my knee down, but it recovers quickly on the elliptical. So, I'll have to stick to that. I did make it the gym 6 days this week, so I'm happy about that.