Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Hi all,

We had a Biggest Loser challenge at my health club the last 6 weeks. We all contributed $20. Today is the last day. Prizes are awarded for the most cardio minutes, weight loss and inches lost. I've lost 9.5 pounds and 13.25". Hopefully that will be enough to take home some money!! I work out alot with a buddy each day. She's a 20 something, fitness nut and she's keeping me on the straight and narrow...lol. She really helps me make exercise a priority. It's hard to stay in bed when I know she's there waiting for me... Maybe we should have some sort of exercise challenge for the New Year?

Hope everyone has a good holiday season, ours will be bittersweet with the death of our daughter this year. Thanksgiving was tough but I'm spending alot of time with the grandkids and keeping busy.

Happy Holidays all...

Susie

Audree - I just sent you an email!

I'm doing okay, just trying to wrap up my year end. I'm ready for some vacation days to do NOTHING. I get 6 weeks of vacation January 1st and I cannot wait! I have used all my days up this year since I was injured and I really need some "me time".

I really love my band - even though I'm not losing right now, I'm not gaining. I love it! If I never lose another pound, I think I can be happy where I am now. I would like to get smaller, but I'm okay with my size. This year has been a wonderful year, dispite my injury, my house flooding and my grandmother dying, it still has been a remarkable year for me.

Next year, well, it can only get better! I'm ready to kick 2007 to the curb and bring on 2008, because we know its going to be great!

The good thing is that after maintaining, you will still be shrinking and then lose again. I am going to add the patch to the pills when I get it. I am going to cut the patch in 1/2, since for me it was too strong. I shrank fast though.

I am maintaining and eating anything I want which is good! But, I do want to lose another 5 pounds. I want to eat healthier after the holidays and will probably drop it, while using the QuickSlim30.

I do need to help myself by eating right, drinking plenty of Water or crystal light, exercising.

But, I am very happy with the way my body is reshaping!

I'm not doing resolutions....I think they are a trap for me and I want to just make a commitment to more exercise. To make it more consistent in my life.

I'm also considering doing the coolrunnings training for a 5 k race..not that I'm thinking about running a race..I actually hate to run...but in my history, the only time I've been "thin" was when I've run. I was in a police acadamy in 1989 and ran three miles a day every morning....I weighed 169 (not exactly thin, but I wore a size 12 and thought I looked pretty good) and I was in shape. We also did a bunch of strength training as well. Ahhh, those were the days and I loved it.

But I'm more thinking of as a personal challenge. I did get, a few years ago...Bob Greene's book on working out...the Oprah Boot Camp Challenge...sort of the same idea...just an intense workout regime.

I am going to quit drinking alcohol for a good while. I'm an occasional drinker now but I can do without. I'm going to really cut out the sugars such as Cookies, sweets, etc. And really watch the carbs. I want to sort of clean out my system.

That is true! I think for the first time in my life, I won't have a New Years Resolution to lose a lot of weight. I wanted to get as close to shape by then.

But, I want to have a "fresh new start" with the new year. I want to eat better/healthier. I have been eating whatever, whenever. I don't want to use the QuickSlim30 as an excuse to eat whatever I want when I want to just because I lost weight anyway.

I want to eat healthier for my health. I want to make sure that I keep up my exercise/weight training.

I also would like to update my wardrobe. I want a new look. Maybe a new color. Not sure what color though. But, I want to do something kinda drastic. I want to maybe do some highlights or go strawberry red!!

No, I was too busy eating pizza and chocolate...my bad!! I need to watch those motivational shows!!

I need to get some slimquick too. Geez, I'm being bad this week. Like no will power. I'm actually not feeling as robust with all the sugar/carbs in my diet this week. Time to make some changes, before the new year. I through office parties for clients three days in a row, but this is the last day and then tomorrow...I MUST BE GOOD!! I'm sure some of this must be TOM...crampy and bloated, no period yet. Argggg.

You know what I think guys....I think we are going to kick A** in January tho. I can really sense the determination from postings here. It is rather exciting. One thing I am learning tho, this season...I need to have a better plan for the holidays next year.

You and me both!:faint: I miss it! I am happy to say I have not even gone up one pound!!! I have been eating Cookies, eating out, etc

But, I love the way it makes me feel, clearheaded, energy, etc. I didn't realize the energy it gave me till I didn't have it!!!

My husband was loving it! It did a lot for his "stamina" if you know what I mean!!!:clap2:

Not that he had a problem, but, let's just say he was a happy camper!!!!

I have been having a lot more sweets than I normally do and I don't like that. Even if I am not gaining, I want to lose 5 more pounds.

Hi all,

We had a Biggest Loser challenge at my health club the last 6 weeks. We all contributed $20. Today is the last day. Prizes are awarded for the most cardio minutes, weight loss and inches lost. I've lost 9.5 pounds and 13.25". Hopefully that will be enough to take home some money!! I work out alot with a buddy each day. She's a 20 something, fitness nut and she's keeping me on the straight and narrow...lol. She really helps me make exercise a priority. It's hard to stay in bed when I know she's there waiting for me... Maybe we should have some sort of exercise challenge for the New Year?

You are so lucky to have a good workout buddy! I'm jealous :) Congrats on the loss and let us know how you place!

Good Friday Morning all

Looks to be a beautiful day. Hopefully after wrapping packages this morning I will be outside for some corral cleaning and maybe some riding if the wind doesn't kick up.

I keep thinking I should buy some jeans as mine look tired but then I think to myself, I'm getting serious in a week and I'll loose weight, just wait. :) I had that same problem all year...feeling like I needed to spruce up but not wanting to waste my money. It is a nice feeling actually.

Hi all,

Hope everyone has a good holiday season, ours will be bittersweet with the death of our daughter this year. Thanksgiving was tough but I'm spending alot of time with the grandkids and keeping busy.

Happy Holidays all...

Susie

Susie, so glad to see you online! We miss u!

That is so great you have a workout partner, I used to have one but then everything has fallen apart with my injury. I'm going out to eat tonight with my old workout partner and her family, I might have to bring it up again, so maybe we can get motivated to get back to the gym.

I think we should have a New Years challenge, how about it girls? you in? We could weigh in on 1/1 - and take our inches - and do a 3 month challenge or something , a 12 week challenge, kinda like the Body for life challenge. Maybe this could help us keep motivated for 2008. Then by spring, when we're ready to put on our summer clothes, we will have gotten in shape!

Susie - I know the holidays are rough on you, just try and remember the good times and the happy memories of your sweet daughter. Spending time with the kids helps them as well.

Hugs to you and your family.

I have a NSV!!!!

I tried on some pants, size 8 and not stretch that I have not worn in like 8 years, and wore 1 time

AND THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audree - great NSV!

I have a new NSV too. I finally bought me some tall boots to wear with my dresses - they fit! I've never been able to wear them before because my calves were always too big.

Also, I'm checking into Smart Lipo, anyone heard about it? I have a consultation next month with a doctor and I'm going to get some prices, if its too expensive, I'm thinking about going to see Dr. Lopez in TJ, MX - she is at the Versalles Center in Mexico. Anyone ever heard of her?

I've doing a lot of research on Smartlipo and I've heard good things about it and its less invasive than other surgeries. I just have huge thighs and fat pockets on them and this is supposed to help with cellulite (I hate cellulite). Anyhow, just checking into it at this point.

I think we should have a New Years challenge, how about it girls? you in? We could weigh in on 1/1 - and take our inches - and do a 3 month challenge or something , a 12 week challenge, kinda like the Body for life challenge. Maybe this could help us keep motivated for 2008. Then by spring, when we're ready to put on our summer clothes, we will have gotten in shape!

I'm up for anything! Let's do it!

Thanks sunshine for letting me know about this tread.

So is everyone ready for our FIRST band anniversary???????

Thanks sunshine for letting me know about this tread.

So is everyone ready for our FIRST band anniversary???????

Very Ready! January 18th is fast approaching, and I can't wait! It has been an amazing year, and I hope to cross 2 boundries prior to my bandiversary:

Lose 100 lbs. (just 4 more to go!)

And be in Onederland! (just 5 more to go!)

Actually, losing more than 100 would be acceptable <snicker> :eek: I had a rough time the last few months, plateau-ing and losing focus. scale would bounce the same 4 lbs around. I got a couple more tiny fills (probably about 8.7cc's now in VG11 band) and the scale has started moving again.

Resolutions this next year will be more specific than the blanket "lose weight" of years past. Although still on my list, I am more interested in quality of choices, pursuit of life-long dreams, consistancy of passion for all things positive. Becoming healthier and more active makes all this seem attainable. Being overweight, as I see now, has really kept me from enjoying life to its fullest. It shouldn't, but in my case it did.

I don't post much, but I do read this thread often. You all seem very supportive and positive!

I wish you all the best in the new year, and a Christmas full of family, love, support and hope.

OHHECKWHYNOT ????? OK - I am in too !!!! I need to have to answer to someone with regard to my exercise routine (or lack of) and maybe if we have something sort of 'official' that will keep me honest. :bandit

Just let me know what I need to do to get in on this challenge.

I think it will be fun and motivating to all of us. Afterall . . . we are all in this together. There is no way someone who isn't banded could ever understand any of this, right ??? :phanvan My poor husband tries, I'll give him that . . .

Ok, so here's to 2008 . . . It is going to be OUR year !!! :clap2:

Yay us !!!

Congrats Sunshine!!!

I also got me some of those leather tall boots and they fit me so nicely!!!

My workouts are really re shaping my body and I am really happy with my weight training!

I had never understood why weight training was so important but I do now!

Lets do a challenge Sunshine, like you tried before, but maybe on this thread for those who want to check in with their progress?? What do you think?

Good Morning all,

I'm at my families pre-holiday! Snowing beautifully here. I'm maintaining my eating at an appropriate level. Probably not going to get much exercise in as I forgot some snow boots. OH well, can't have everything.

I was pondering that body for life program after the first of the year. Tonya, I know you have done very well with it. Do you think you can do it outside of a gym?