Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Yay Audree for getting to the gym! I can't wait to get back to the gym.

today is my 10 month Band anniversary! I am down to 167 now. So Excited!

I've got to share a NSV for me. I ordered these size 11 Jr. jeans off Ebay, Well, they come in and my DH opened them before I got home, and he mumbled out loud to my daughter, "There is no way she can fit into these jeans, they look like little girls jeans". So, I come home and he showed me the jeans, and I agreed with him, that there was no way I could fit into those jeans. Anyhow, to amuse myself, I decided to try them on to see how far it would take to fit into them. Guess what, THEY FIT. I couldn't believe it. My DH was clapping his hands and saying you do not need to lose any more weight, you are skinny! LOL. It just felt good to see how small the jeans were and to actually fit into them. I also tried on a size 10 slack at the store, and they fit. I didn't buy them, I wanted to buy them, however, I'm holding off to go on a big shopping spree in January for my 1 year Band B-day.

Anyhow, hope everyone has a great week and enjoy your family & friends.

Yay Audree for getting to the gym! I can't wait to get back to the gym.

today is my 10 month Band anniversary! I am down to 167 now. So Excited!

I've got to share a NSV for me. I ordered these size 11 Jr. jeans off Ebay, Well, they come in and my DH opened them before I got home, and he mumbled out loud to my daughter, "There is no way she can fit into these jeans, they look like little girls jeans". So, I come home and he showed me the jeans, and I agreed with him, that there was no way I could fit into those jeans. Anyhow, to amuse myself, I decided to try them on to see how far it would take to fit into them. Guess what, THEY FIT. I couldn't believe it. My DH was clapping his hands and saying you do not need to lose any more weight, you are skinny! LOL. It just felt good to see how small the jeans were and to actually fit into them. I also tried on a size 10 slack at the store, and they fit. I didn't buy them, I wanted to buy them, however, I'm holding off to go on a big shopping spree in January for my 1 year Band B-day.

Anyhow, hope everyone has a great week and enjoy your family & friends.

CONGRATS!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2: You are doing great! You are probably losing a lot in inches and the weight is following!!!

Audree..way to go at the gym. I need some of your energy!! I've re-caught my cold...my DH and I are passing it back and forth...argghhhh!!

Tonya...I am flabbergasted..wearing a size 11? Wow! I don't ever recall wearting that size.

This cold is sapping my energy. I probably would feel better if I worked out some...but...can't get myself going. I've given myself permission to take care of myself this week and try to get permanently over this, then start hitting it next week. We are having company for thanksgiving and I did spend the weekend cleaning house, shampooing rugs, etc. So, I've not been a couch potatoe but we all know, it isn't the same as raising the heart rate.

We got our first snow!! About 2-3 inches. It is the sort of day I'd like to stay home in front of the fire, but work calls!!

Hope you all have a great Monday.

Happy Monday everyone. I'm soooo happy it is a short week this week. I'm off work on Thursday & Friday, I'm looking forward to a looong weekend and doing nothing but relax!

SULA - I hope the cold goes away soon. Yes, take it easy and get well, plenty of rest always helps.

I feel like a fat pig today. So bloated!!!! I don't dare step on the scales!

How is everyone? I feel like I'm talking to myself, lol.

Hey girls...

I'm with you; staying off scale until after the holiday. ANY gain would devestate me. I've been at plateau for a while - and I've not ever seen a gain all year. Would like to keep it that way...though I know it's unrealistic - THIS TIME OF YEAR.

As for you all and the TOM issue; again - I LOOSE all restriction right before, and pretty much through it. Luckily for me, I won't have TOM for the holidays; so my restriction should remain in tact. Whew.

I'm not in a size 11...but the 16's I'm wearing today sure do feel GREAT! I haven't been below an 18 in a bunch of years.

Nope, not alone!! Just feeling punk...but I took the night off from work and am home early. I didn't feel like feeding my four legged brood in the dark, so I'm done with that and inside. I hate having a cold and am trying to shake it before my folks come over tomorrow....probably not much luck at that, but I can be optimistic. It isn't fair to have this cold come round twice in two weeks. No more kissing the DH!!

You guys know how women who work and live together start cycling together...well, I wonder if the same is true of us on here...I'm due to start as well!!

I'm down 52 pounds and one pant size...how is that fair? I'm in loose 18's. My lovely brother says that just goes to show you how tight your 20's were! Said with love of course...he is very proud of my loss.

It is going to be very cold tonight here in Montana....I plugged in the car and bought winter wipers for my car! And I have the pellet stove riproaring hot!! I do like it sometimes when my DH is on the road (usually one night a week) and I can just toast up the house! He constantly asks...do other lapbanders freeze!! YUP! I have gotten all my sweaters out and am wearing them. I'm worried at how I'll stay warm when it get really cold. I usually wear t-shirts with a long sleeve shirt over...and then I peel down off and on during the day. Not so now!

Anybody doing family gatherings and cooking for Thanksgiving?

Hi Everyone,

I can totally relate to looking at pants and being sure that they aren't going to fit. My husband even commented that when he does the laundry now he has to figure out if they are my pants or my 12 year olds!

I too am back at the gym. Well I went to the gym once and plan to go tonight. It felt really good.

I am finally into Onederland. I thought I would be so excited to see those numbers but its kind of anti climactic. Not sure why.

I have been there for a few days now so I trust it.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Well, I might have made a BIG mistake....I was scheduled for a fill today, so I thought I should go ahead and go, and I figured I might just need a teeny bit more, maybe 1/2 cc or .1 cc. Well, the doc filled me up to 4.0 cc's and it is barely going thru.

I drank some Water before I left, and that was 45 min ago. I still feel the Water coming back up my esaphagus. I might be too tight? Or maybe its just irritated? I dont know if I should wait it out? Or if I should head back over there and have him take a little bit out? If I wait it out, it will be Monday before I can get in to see him, they are closed until then.

I think I won't be eating much tomorrow for sure. I don't want to get into the habit of the "soft food" syndrome. I still want to be able to eat meat and stuff, so I think I will wait it out, and by Monday if I can't eat meat, I'm going back in.

Renee - Congratulations on getting to ONDERLAND! Your doing GREAT! Wow, 88lbs gone forever!

Sula - it was 80 degrees yesterday here in Oklahoma, today its down to 38 degrees. We are supposed to hit 20 tonight, so its going to get cold here too. DH has the firwood in the fireplace ready to go, I can't wait to light the fire and sit around the fireplace. It's so relaxing to me.

My DH & Son are headed out on a hunting trip Friday morning, my Daughter is going to my mothers house, so I will be all alone for 3 days. I'M SO EXCITED! I love my alone time - I rarely get it, but I love to just veg all by myself at the house. I am going to read, paint, and go to the gym. Its like a mini vacation to me!

Well, I might have made a BIG mistake....I was scheduled for a fill today, so I thought I should go ahead and go, and I figured I might just need a teeny bit more, maybe 1/2 cc or .1 cc. Well, the doc filled me up to 4.0 cc's and it is barely going thru.

I drank some Water before I left, and that was 45 min ago. I still feel the Water coming back up my esaphagus. I might be too tight? Or maybe its just irritated? I dont know if I should wait it out? Or if I should head back over there and have him take a little bit out? If I wait it out, it will be Monday before I can get in to see him, they are closed until then.

Yikes! I'd get a small unfill today if I were you, especially since you'd have to wait until Monday otherwise. You sound like you're too tight already, and what if you have a little bit of swelling tomorrow or the next day and it gets even worse? You'll be in bad shape then.

I'm going to make some mashed potatoes for myself tomorrow and that's it. I don't have family here and none of my friends invited me over, so I'll probably do some work instead of eating. That cold front in OK is headed here to TX, so I'm looking forward to some good weather. And next week I'm having my brachioplasty. It will be on either Tuesday or Wednesday, so I need to get caught up at the office before I can take the time off.

Yikes! I'd get a small unfill today if I were you, especially since you'd have to wait until Monday otherwise. You sound like you're too tight already, and what if you have a little bit of swelling tomorrow or the next day and it gets even worse? You'll be in bad shape then.

Enterprise - all I can say is, I AM SOOOOO STUPID! Why in the world did I not take your advice? You were right! I had a miserable night last night, I am PBing my own saliva. My head is hurting this morning from throwing up so much. Man, I'm stupid!!!! I can't believe I did not go get a slight unfill. I might have to go to the ER if things don't settle down.

The weird thing is, I can eat, very small bites and it goes thru, but my saliva won't? I had to sleep sitting up last night and even that was causing problems. I'm going to make some warm tea and see if that doesn't help losen me up. I now know what it feels like to be too tight. grrrrr.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Tonya, I just now read about your fill, and hope you can get a small unfill sooner rather than later. I was too tight and tried to wait it out and was miserable the whole time. IThe small deflate went back to my previous fill level and I felt much better immediately. Still some restriction, but able to eat normal foods.

Enterprise, doesn't this weather feel wonderful. Enjoy your mashed potatoes. Do you have a date for your surgery?

Renee, congratulations on Onderland! That is fantastic!

Sula, hope you are feeling better. I can relate to the trying to stay warm. I will probably wear a sweater this winter for the first time in many years.

I didn't want to have a house full of leftovers this Thanksgiving, so we are taking our daughters and going to San Luis hotel in Galveston for our meal. They have a special Thanksgiving buffet spread. At least if I overeat once, I won't have the food here at the house to repeat overeating.

Tonya, I just now read about your fill, and hope you can get a small unfill sooner rather than later. I was too tight and tried to wait it out and was miserable the whole time. IThe small deflate went back to my previous fill level and I felt much better immediately. Still some restriction, but able to eat normal foods.

I'm going to try and wait until tomorrow to go to the ER. I hate to have to call a doc in to unfill me on Thanksgiving, It's my own darn fault, and I don't want to ruin someones holiday. I also really want my own fill doc to do it and not just anyone. I don't know if I will have to wait until Monday or if I call the hospital tomorrow they will be able to get me in.

I just poured a cup of hot coffee and tried to barely sip on that, nothing is going down at this point. The coffee came back up and I've been PBing every since. I can't believe I've done this to myself! Well, one more day and we'll see what I can do.

Tonya, I wouldn't wait. The PB'ing causes swelling and the more of that, the doc will probably have to remove all the fill and then you'll have to wait awhile for a refill. You may have to do some IV fluids. BE CAREFUL

Oh Tonya Honey ~

I TOTALLY agree with what everyone else has said about NOT waiting! I was filled too tight (from 2.2 to 2.7) on 10/24 and tried to ride it out and convince myself that it would loosen up on its own (blah blah blah) and I have paid dearly for it! By the time I went in last week (3 weeks later), everything I have is swollen and irritated from the intense vomiting (not PB'ing - all out, toenails coming up, violent - puking!).

Seeing my insides that irritated under fluro freaked me out and I got a pretty stern talking to by my adorable doctor. He said that I had risked the health of my band long-term by waiting that long to come back. He then removed about 1/2 of my fill and told me that I had to wait at least a week to come back in to see if I can get another fill . . . So, I have an appt on Tuesday and I am doing my best NOT to over-eat until then, but it has been really hard considering how deprived I felt after those 3 horrible weeks . . . . I really believe in the 'starvation mode' theory now. I was starving, but not really losing - ??? I was also pretty dehydrated too.

Please don't wait as long as I did . . . . I felt like an idiot for even asking for the fill to begin with. I guess I had perfect restriction at 2.2 and just didn't realize it. I hope I can get back to that point sooner rather than later, as I don't think it will take me long to gain alot of weight back feeling 'wide open' like this. I feel like I could eat a horse without even chewing right now. :phanvan

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today, and that we all stop to count our blessings and tell our friends and family how much we love them.