Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Sula, I agree, some of the post are vicious! This is supposed to be a "support" thread, not attacking. I stay out of those heated arguments, I don't go near the Rants & Raves section!

Well, its Thursday, and I am sooooo ready for Friday! Its been a loooong week at work!

I'm hoping to drop some weight soon, this stall has gone on way too long. I think If I could get into the 160's I will be satisfied for awhile. Although I loved the 170's, its time to move on to bigger and better - or lighter and better, the 160's!!!!!

Eating has been good and clean, except I have drank a little too much of the liquid caloires (starbucks coffee), so working hard on that and limiting myself on that.

I did get on the elliptical machine for the first time yesterday, I realized, I'm not quite ready for it. At 5 minutes my knee was throbbing so I had to get off, I am still paying for it today. I will have to stick with the recumbant bike for another week or so and then give it a try again.

Hope all have a wonderful day!

We have got such a good group here. I was going to make a comment on the other thread after someone said, "you look good on the outside" I made the assumption that the writer was saying that the inside of the person was not quite up to par. So I was going to say something that how can we know what a person is on the inside from just these types of posts...but then I got back to my group here and I feel that everyone here is so caring, kind and supportive, I felt I couldn't make that response.

I know exactly what thread you're talking about! I read it, too. I even went back and read the thread that prompted that comment about looking good on the outside. People get so vicious in Rants & Raves. It really is sad because I've lost respect for a couple of very successful bandsters who have been incredibly cruel in the R&R section. I try to avoid that section most of the time. Yes, we do have a good group here, and I'm always thankful for the support and the kindness. It's nice to have a safe place where you know you won't be attacked.

Hey all; just checking in. I'm doing the PMS thing right now - and as I've posted - I seem to loose restriction this time of the month. In a way; it's appreciated. I guess b/c it's when I crave - and I know it's all mental - and I think I'd be a lot worse (bitchy wise) if I couldn't eat. I know that is what got me fat to begin with…but I'm just going to look at my momentary laspe of restriction as a gift from mother nature.

Thank god it's almost Friday!

BTW; saw Jersey Boys on Saturday. Did I tell you that I hated it?

I love you guys too!

I don't even go and try not to read some of those threads!

They are so mean and unrespectful of each other.

I know I can come here for good advice and for daily motivation.

You guys are awesome and I am glad to know you all!

Audree

I have read some of those posts too. I find it interesting reading but it makes me sad. Is it really so important to be right that we steamroll over other peoples opinions and feeling? I am glad that we dont have any of that here.

Happy Friday everyone.

Everyone keeps telling me how much more weight I have lost, weird thing is, I haven't. I guess I'm losing inches. I know the scale is going to move soon!!!

Well, just checking in, busy day at work today, so gotta run. Have a great weekend everyone.

Happy Friday to you too Tonya. If you are losing inches, the pounds will follow.

I appreciate all of you in our Jan bandster group. I always know you are caring, thoughtful and supportive. I can't imagine trying to get support from a group that digs and flames each other. I haven't ever been to that other thread, and will keep it that way.

Enterprise, when is your appointment? Let us know what you find out. I'm excited for you!

Hi all,

Yippee, it is friday..and I'm at home. I need to work on an evaluation so I didn't schedule any clients today. So, I've been doing some housework and paying bills, then hit the laptop and start typing.

AND, I'm thinking that if the weather holds (and it looks like it will) I think I'll get in a walk today. I've been so lazy and haven't done ANYTHING for a few weeks.

Also, a friend is coming over with his electrician expertise and I will finally get my hottub wired so I can start enjoying it. Its been sitting out there beckoning to me for about three weeks. Long story about the hired electrician...but suffice it to say, I wonder how some people stay in business!!

I am really feeling restriction this month, and haven't had a fill since august. I'm not complaining, just think this thing is so weird.

Talked to my mom this morning...she is very concerned about my morbidly obsese older brother. I had hoped that he would take an interest in my journey and think about it himself, but Nada!! He looks terrible...very pasty in the face and unhealthy. But, we none of us have broached the subject with him...I related to the family that back in my day, anytime someone tried to encourage me to lose weight, would send me right to the fridge.

Onward and upward (or downward with the damned scale!!)

Happy Friday everyone.

Everyone keeps telling me how much more weight I have lost, weird thing is, I haven't. I guess I'm losing inches. I know the scale is going to move soon!!!

Well, just checking in, busy day at work today, so gotta run. Have a great weekend everyone.

The same thing is happening to me right now!!!

I did lose 2 more pounds, but my pants are hanging on me!

I am getting a lot of people telling me that they fluctuate from weight loss to losing inches as the body is stabalizing.

The good thing is something is happening!!!!

I'd rather lose inches and shrink than lose weight, but I am glad that I am doing both.

So, that puts me to 147!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My all time goal was to get as close to 145 by my 34 birthday (yesterday) and I made it!!!!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I weighed in at 147 today!!!!!:clap2:

My main goal was to get as near to 145 by my 34 birthday (which was yesterday), and I made it!!:faint: I can't believe it!

I have lost a ton in inches and none of my clothes are fitting me anymore. My all time favorite skinny pants are baggy now!

Audree - Congratulations! You look fantastic. I had a similar goal. I turned 40 a couple of weeks ago and was determined to be out of the "obese" range on the BMI chart by that time, and I was. Sometimes this lapband seems to good to be true. I still have a hard time believing that I can lose the weight and maintain that loss.

Tulip - My appointment with Dr. Heller was rescheduled for next Friday, Nov. 16th. I'm going to take some pics of my arms tonight and will post them soon.

Sula, that must be frustrating to know how much a lapband could help your brother, but not be able to approach him about it. At least you are setting an example and when/if he decides that he might want to discuss it, you will be there for him.

Audree - congratulations on the inches and pounds lost. That is really awesome! You just continue to encourage and support everyone around here and are a great role model.

Enterprise, I just remembered that your appointment was rescheduled. I'll check back for your pictures.

Audree - Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Last night we go to dinner, My aunt & uncle, both comment on how much more weight I've lost (truth is, I haven't)

Then we go to my SIL house for a get together, my BIL, says Wow, you have really lost more weight (nope), then I walk into the living room, my SIL says, OMG, look how skinny you are. She just saw me 5 days ago and swears I am 10 lbs lighter. So I know I am losing inches, my new jeans I bought 2 weeks ago were tight - juniors size 11/12. I wore them last night, fit just right! and there were areas they were lose.

I haven't measured in awhile since I'm not exercising, but I think I will try and mesure to compare where I was the last time I measured.

I had about 3 oz of lean steak and 1 cup of salad last night , then my SIL had made a dessert that I ate, and I was miserably full.

I weighed this morning and the same weight, so my splurge last night I didn't gain! Yay! I am hoping to be in the 160's still by Monday, so we'll see. I'm so close, but yet so far!