Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which Foods Can’t You Eat Now?

I notice that most people's comments here say they don't eat rice or Pasta. Do you find that you're very tired, or lacking in energy without the carbs ? I'm 10 wks post op, and can eat absolutely anything, but I find that without brown rice, or wholewheat pasta, wholewheat Bagels in my diet I'm like a wet noodle all the time.....so tired ! I only eat small amounts, but I have carbs with every evening meal, sometimes lunch as well.

Have some. Carbs are constantly listed as the devil, but you shouldn't cut out whole food groups. Corn and actually potatoes that aren't fried aren't that bad. If you look at vegetarians and vegans, all I know are healthy, they aren't obese or so, and get their Protein.

I'm on post surgery five months later but almost six months in June 9

i can eat or not eat after my surgery

*few weeks to months soft Soups after surgery

*i can eat fruits and vegetables

*no fried food or chicken are BANNED!

*no carbs include Italian,Mexican,red lobster,Olive Garden,pizza and lastly white bread..

*no leftover food its can makes me sick between weeks and months I wouldn't allowed that!

*no fried chips but i can eat baked chips its would be ok for me

*no Cookies or popcorns are banned!

*no pop soda till one years

Depending on where you are time wise there are different restrictions based on your Dr. or Nutritionist. At some point you will be able to eat everything again... given there are some tolerance issues that some people have after surgery.

Take this time to evaluate what got you here and make changes ... its not the food .. its the amount. All food has nutritional value so stop blaming the food. Fired chicken didn't make you overweight .. its the amount of fried chicken and a everything else that maxed out your normal daily calories. Its simple math .. your body need X amount of energy everyday based on your activity. You get energy from calories .. and when you consume more calories than you need your body stores the excess.

After surgery in the back of my head, I keep saying to myself .. I can't wait to eat normal again, not bad .. just normal. Guess what .. normal is exactly what your eating 6 months post surgery. 4-5oz of meat/protein, cup of veggies and Water. That's your life from now on if you want to maintain. This is what normal people need to survive. Break the cycle of food being a source of happiness .. food doesn't make you happy.. food fuels your body and gives you energy.

I sure seem like mr gloom and doom but this is the reality check everyone needs.

At 3+ months out I've found that there really isn't anything (yet) that I can't tolerate. Frustratingly chicken has been my biggest battle. I have to eat very slowly with it otherwise I get full extremely fast. It's the only thing I've had that has gotten me close to throwing up because it didn't sit well. All in all it seems that I can eat anything I want, but chewing thoroughly and pacing myself at a meal is the most important thing.

There are a lot of things I haven't tried yet such as Pasta, rice, etc. I doubt I would have any issue with them but I don't want to introduce them back into my diet. I figured I would be craving my old steady intake of Diet Mt Dew but happily I've been good without having pop in my life any longer. So far it's been like smoking which I gave up years and years ago - there are fleeting moments when a fountain pop sounds so damned good, but then the craving passes.

I've been sleeved for approximately two years. I can tolerate anything. I have no food intolerances whatsoever.

However, I choose to not eat my trigger foods because I know I will graze my way to the bottom of the bag or box if they are in my house. For me, trigger foods include tortilla chips, corn chips such as Fritos, flavored popcorn, and certain crackers (e.g. flavored Triscuits, Cheez-Its, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish).

I can eat anything except bananas. I have tried several times but they hurt my stomach with cramping to the point of tears.

I am 3mo out and the only thing that has been hard for me to digest is chicken.. I get full super fast and it hurts going down. I haven't had any trouble with fruits or veggies. Fish and shrimp sometimes makes me nauseous which sux! I have not tried any type of sweets, or rice, fried foods or bread and probably won't....(Man all those use to be my faves)

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was told no rice Pasta or bread for 6 mos because out can swell in your pouch. But I wonder if they just want us to reduce carbs. Not sure but I'll avoid then as advised. I do feel tired and weak but its only been 4 weeks post op today so that may have something to do with it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

You should have tons of energy... unless its just your body healing.

Depending on where you are time wise there are different restrictions based on your Dr. or Nutritionist. At some point you will be able to eat everything again... given there are some tolerance issues that some people have after surgery.
Take this time to evaluate what got you here and make changes ... its not the food .. its the amount. All food has nutritional value so stop blaming the food. Fired chicken didn't make you overweight .. its the amount of fried chicken and a everything else that maxed out your normal daily calories. Its simple math .. your body need X amount of energy everyday based on your activity. You get energy from calories .. and when you consume more calories than you need your body stores the excess.
After surgery in the back of my head, I keep saying to myself .. I can't wait to eat normal again, not bad .. just normal. Guess what .. normal is exactly what your eating 6 months post surgery. 4-5oz of meat/protein, cup of veggies and Water. That's your life from now on if you want to maintain. This is what normal people need to survive. Break the cycle of food being a source of happiness .. food doesn't make you happy.. food fuels your body and gives you energy.
I sure seem like mr gloom and doom but this is the reality check everyone needs.

I completely agree. I'm 9 wks post surgery and am allowed to eat anything now, and People keep saying to me, oh when will you be able to 'eat normally' .........I tell them this is my normal now, I'm happy with it. I pretty much eat everything except for bread. I just try to eat as healthily as possible, and in much smaller amounts. I lose weight every week, sometimes only 1.5 lbs, but I'm happy.