Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UPS is a pain in the ass.

Of course, the one time when I had to be out of town when I was expecting a delivery, the UPS delivery was on time. And as it figures, they won't leave packages at apartments. I got back today about 5 minutes after the UPS guy had left. Literally. I passed the van about 2 miles from my apartment. So now, I've missed two delivery attempts, and I am teaching classes all day tomorrow, so I'll probably miss attempt #3. That means I'll get to make the 45 minute drive to the UPS center in Lexington, KY on Saturday. Yay me. :ranger: :rain:

Of course, the one time when I had to be out of town when I was expecting a delivery, the UPS delivery was on time. And as it figures, they won't leave packages at apartments. I got back today about 5 minutes after the UPS guy had left. Literally. I passed the van about 2 miles from my apartment. So now, I've missed two delivery attempts, and I am teaching classes all day tomorrow, so I'll probably miss attempt #3. That means I'll get to make the 45 minute drive to the UPS center in Lexington, KY on Saturday. Yay me. :ranger: :rain:

UPS is weird. Love the drivers - generally the guys are pretty hot. However - EVERY UPS driver has been terrified of my dog. Tasha Yar is a freaking miniature pinscher - so they won't wait even if it requires a signature. They ring the bell and run.

DHL just throws the packages, somewhat like the newspaper. It usually lands in our yard....somewhere.

I am guessing the 45 minutes is just to get there? Another 45 to get home?

Good luck. When I missed the 3rd attempt, UPS shipped it right back (even though the slip indicated I could pick it up.)

My son in law is a UPS driver. I am sure there is a way to call somewhere and have it delivered somewhere else. I live in

a pretty small town though, so it's not a big deal for people here

to just go and pick up their package at the office.

I tell him your dilemma and ask him how you can get it delivered somewhere more convenient for you.

If you call them, you can ask them to deliver to another address (parents, friends who have a house?)

When I lived in Apt's, they would deliver to our apt.'s manager's office.

I wouldn't wait till day 3, like someone else said, in my experience after 3rd attempt they send it back to shipper!

If you call them, you can ask them to deliver to another address (parents, friends who have a house?)

When I lived in Apt's, they would deliver to our apt.'s manager's office.

I wouldn't wait till day 3, like someone else said, in my experience after 3rd attempt they send it back to shipper!

I'm hoping that I'll get home in time. If he sticks to his usual schedule, he should be delivering in my area between 4:30-6:00, and I should be home by then.

I would have it delivered to my parents' house, but they are a 3 1/2 hour drive from my apartment, so it's still easier to drive to Lexington if I miss the delivery today. I've never had anything delivered to my apartment manager's office. With my luck (and knowing them) they would refuse to sign for it.

UPS pisses me off sometimes. I had to send the payment for my surgery to my surgeon before my surgery and I overnighted it via UPS a week and a half before my surgery. The day before my surgery, they had still not received it. Fortunately, I was able to fax my surgeon a copy of the cashiers check, and they accepted that as evidence the payment was coming. It got there 3 days after my surgery. I was in tears

I asked my son in law how people can get packages delivered if they are not home during delivery times. He said about 75% of people have things delivered to their work. They deliver to businesses during their open hours. Also, he said a lot of people will have it addressed to a neighbor or someone convenient for them to pick up their package.

He also said you can leave a note on the door saying you won't be home and to leave it on your porch if you feel you live in a safe area. He said a lot of people do that too.

I asked my son in law how people can get packages delivered if they are not home during delivery times. He said about 75% of people have things delivered to their work. They deliver to businesses during their open hours. Also, he said a lot of people will have it addressed to a neighbor or someone convenient for them to pick up their package.

He also said you can leave a note on the door saying you won't be home and to leave it on your porch if you feel you live in a safe area. He said a lot of people do that too.

I only teach one day a week, and I'm finished with my coursework, so I'm usually at my apartment working on my thesis. I just happened to have to go out of town on the first couple of days that UPS attempted to deliver the package.

Unfortunately, UPS actually has a rule that keeps them from just leaving packages at the door if you live in an apartment. Some of them will go ahead and leave it, though, depending on who is the delivery driver. I've left notes in the past, asking that they leave the package at the door, but they've just left a slip with a little note saying that they aren't allowed. Other times, they go ahead and leave it. Luckily, the person delivering on this last attempt disregarded the rule about leaving packages at apartments, since I missed him.

I am glad you got your package Lauren. It's too bad they have to make it so difficult for you!