Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not enough calories maybe? Confused....

I am going on 3 weeks out. It already seems like many weeks have passed. My Dr gave me the go ahead to try some soft foods as long as everything keeps going so well. I'm ecstatic to be able to eat real food, to say the least! The only problem I'm having is not losing weight! Seriously, isn't that why I did this? What's wrong with my body? I'm wondering if I'm actually not taking in enough calories. I'm trying but unless I choose less healthy foods I can't get past 5-800 calories, which is where my dr to me to shoot. I've been diligently logging every single bite and I've been following all the guidelines. I'm ahead of schedule on what kinds of foods to eat but still I am not loosing. I've only lost 11 lbs since well before surgery. Most of which was the first week after surgery. I have my coffee every morning, either an egg or a Protein Shake. For lunch I have a tuna packet, or a cup of Soup, or something like that. I might have a snack of a Protein Bar, or shake (which repulses me at this point), or strawberries or cheese. For dinner I might repeat what I had for lunch or have a few bites of meat if there is any of that for dinner and maybe some soft veggies. Seriously I don't know where I'm going wrong. No I don't exercise but I'm a very active person and on my feet all day. I don't drink 64 oz but usually half of more. I'd like add more calories to see if that helps it don't know how to do that without eating unhealthy things.

Look up 3 week stall. It is VERY VERY common. Just keep doing what you need to do and you will start losing again. Focus on how you are feeling and your measurements. The scale will move again just stay the course.

I'm nearly 3 wks in, and a friend of mine had the same surgery a yr ago, she said best piece of advice she could give me was, only weigh once a month, otherwise you're in danger of becoming obsessed with weight loss. As I'm now weighing every single day, I've decided to take her advice, I'm hoping it'll take the pressure off .

Thanks. I have upped my Protein which upped my calories slightly. I've lost 3 more pounds. I guess I'm just going to be a slow loser. I'm ok with that as long as I'm losing.

Oh that's good. Hey, I'm hoping I will be a slow loser, that way there's less chance of baggy skin. I've been fat for 10 yrs, I don't mind taking a leisurely stroll towards Thin Ha Ha .

True!

In the same boat, I'm around 12lbs down since surgery on 4/24. For the first two weeks post op though I could only get in around 400 calories a day. So far being on the soft food stage now has helped and (today I even hit my Protein goal of 80g). Hoping that triggers some weight loss in the upcoming days [emoji4] keep me posted how it goes.