Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i started to go through the talk of weight loss surgery

Im 250lbs tried exercizze diets medically diets and nothing i decided to get surgery i decided gastric sleeve anyone can give me some advice about the pre op surgery and how long is the hospital stay

Edited by ilovecp17

I only spent one overnight in the hospital for observation. Next morning the surgeon came to visit, took one look at me, & said, "You look like you haven't even had surgery!" I said, "Great! Send me home!"

Totally depends on where you are worldwide but here was mine for Glasgow.

Preop was 3 weeks liquids and one meal that I changed round with permission to add yoghurts etc. Lost 9kg in that time.

Surgery stay is generally 3 days, surgery day/night in HDU as standard. I was sleeved on 18/4 and out on 21St. Have had no pain since first night and taking liquids fine.

I had a drain and catheter for 24hrs and no issues after.

Pre-op again depends on insurance/NHS/private company.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using BariatricPal mobile app

what do they ask in the psyc eval im scared i wont pass

On 5/2/2017 at 9:45 AM, ilovecp17 said:

what do they ask in the psyc eval im scared i wont pass

I googled bariatric psych evaluation questions, and they were very similar to what I had with the Dr. Essentially, they want to make sure you understand what is going on, what the risks are, and if you have any tendencies to abuse substances (alcohol/drugs) after surgery. It took me abut 20 minutes to get through about 150 questions (many are the exact same question or a variation of the same topic). For me there were a couple religious questions to see if they should advise I seek council there if I need it.

Basically, they want to know how much you drink/do drugs (It is my understanding that if you admit to drug use, you maybe disqualified), if you will follow the instructions from your providers (or someone in a position of authority), and how your weight has affected your life. While I didn't lie, 99% of the questions were obvious how one "should" answer them.

I hope this helps.

I was only in the hospital 1 night. My psych eval was no questionaire and about 10 minutes long. Super easy.

It's all dependent on your doctor and insurance plan. Some people can eat up to 24 hours before surgery, others may do 1-2 weeks of a liquid diet. Some go home the next day, others it's a 2-3 day stay. Pysch evals all vary, but most are a sit down talk for a few minutes and then a questionnaire (it's nothing to fear). Chances are your journey will be very similar to others and a mix & match of things that others went through.

With my doctors in order for you to fail the psych eval you'd have to either admit to continuing to smoke cigarettes/drugs or if you've been hospitalized for mental health reasons within 1 years time they will say no. Some hospitals might be more lenient or strict but this is what the nurse (that works with the counselor) told me. If you get to do your eval online, even better. Mine was in person

I have anxiety because of my weight I'm controlling it with meds can I still get phyciatric test pass I don't smoke use drugs or drink alcohol or been hospitalized BC of a mental disorder

Don't worry about it. There are plenty of adults who take medication for that kind of thing at some point in their lives. If they disqualified patients over it, then they probably couldn't make money doing this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches