Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4, post-op...and I'm craving solids!

Im so glad there are other starving people out there:) I got banded on the 5th and boy am i craving solids:) It has made me realize how food focused our society is what with commercials and all that. Most of the time I'm okay because I still don't feel 100% and the thought of slippage and vomiting are enough to make me not want to push myself on the diet end of things. Im on two weeks liquids and haven't even finished one week yet *sigh. Im getting some cream Soup today but it is difficult and I'm glad I have you all to share it with. Hang in there everyone! We can do it together.:clap2:

Glad to hear that others are feeling the same way, but remaining strong instead of caving like me...I ate two tiny, but none the less, two bites of mushy food when I am only 5 days post op and have 3 weeks of clear liqs to go (in addition to the 10 days pre op)! Can you hear the whinning and pity in my voice? Sorry, not a good way to start off or sign in on.

:faint:You are my heroes and I'm so grateful to see your strength

Is there something wrong with me or my band b/c I am not hungry!

I'm barely able to get in my recommended diet and Protein. Don't get me wrong I'm so'oooo over the total liquid diet as you much as you all but know I have 8 more days so there's nothing I can do but suck it up.

Do you think its b/c I drink so much Water? I'm so worried about becoming dehydrated that I sip Water all day long.

:help:I must confess that I too crave food. I was banded on the 2nd and have had absolutly no pain or problems....except that I have such a strong desire to eat.

I did the 10 day pre op diet and also did 7 days of pure liquids. I am supposed to do 7 more days but yesterday I ate real food. For lunch I had cottage cheese and blended tuny...with no problem......then for dinener i had 1 piece of sausage and 1 egg.....also with no problem. I cut it into teenie tiny bites and ate so slowly.

I am glad I'm doing so well with eating the foods. But so mad at myself that I haven't followed the doc. orders......I really want to do good with this diet...but I haven't...and for that i just am ashamed and so mad at myself.

I also have not been exercising at all. I went back to work 7 days after surgery and have had no problems except fatigue. I have a somewhat physical job so when I come home I am very tired. I know I need to change this habit......I am just so tired all the time.

I am very frustrated....there is no one to be angry at but myself. I really want to lose this weight that I've put on....I just am not doing as well as I had hoped.

Frustrated and upset...

pvchickie

Don't be so hard on yourself! This is a time to heal not lose weight until you've had your first fill. There is little or no restriction when they first put the band on so once the swelling goes down there is no or little restriction. Of course you are struggling, if you could stick to diets you wouldn't have needed a lapband. All of us are starving too just do your best.

I was banded on Thursday, 10/11; Friday and Saturday were miserable-nauseous and sore and didn't want to think about food. Today I finally feel good (except for the soreness at the incisions) and I am starving! Full blown, stomach grumbling hungry. broth, popsicles, and Jello are not cutting it. My doc says I can go on full liquids tomorrow and can''t wait for an Atkins shake. Tried ice chips for some crunch, but ...nothing.

Hope I can hold out!

Sue:hungry:

You can do it Sue!!! I am so scared to hurt my band or myself that I am not even tempted by anything other than the Clear Liquids. I've actually become a huge fan of chicken broth - I add a pinch of creole seasoning to it which give a nice kick!

Stay strong, I'm sure I will be dying of hunger any minute now too! Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good today!! :hug:

Jenne

You can do it Sue!!! I am so scared to hurt my band or myself that I am not even tempted by anything other than the Clear Liquids. I've actually become a huge fan of chicken broth - I add a pinch of creole seasoning to it which give a nice kick!

Stay strong, I'm sure I will be dying of hunger any minute now too! Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good today!! :hug:

Jenne

Thanks, Jenne. I actually can't wait to go to bed tonight so that i can get up and have a regular liquid. My husband is being banded in the morning and I'll be at the hospital all day with him, so I'll have to pack a lunchbox with my cans of Atkins shakes. What I wouldn't give for some chips and salsa!

Sue