Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Columbus Area

Can someone explain what you're talking about or provide a link to the manufacturers' website or somewhere I can read about the differences in them.

Got my acceptance letter to the program at Mt. Carmel Bariatric yesterday. Mailing in my $300 administrative fee they require and scheduling the various consults I have to do for insurance like psychologist, cardiac clearance, etc.

Mama T - I'm sorry I didn't see your question until just now. I did stay overnight but it was mostly because my surgery wasn't until 10:30 and I live over an hour away from the hospital. Also I live alone and Dr Myers didn't want me to be alone for the first 24 hours.

I'm glad I stayed over, just because I was still sort of shaky from the anesthesia. I really had no pain to speak of. I took one pain pill the night of the surgery and none after that. I did take a couple Tylenol when I came home for a day or so, but the surgery itself was quite easy.

Getting used to the band for the first few days was harder. Seemed like nothing was going down very well. Once the opening healed things were better. I'm just now starting my 'real food' experience. So far.. so good, but I am nervous about everything I eat.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! I'm anxious to hear how you are feeling in a day or so. Dr. Myers is a great guy!

Informal meet and greet at Polaris mall for Columbus area bandsters. We got this idea started to meet as the Mt. Carmel banded group but we can open up to others in the area.

Meet January 8, 2008 at Polaris Mall in the food Court area - That's the 2nd level of the mall. Let's say 6:30 to let everyone get off work and get there. We can find a nook or spot where we can sit together and the food court will offer alot of choices of what to get to eat or you can just get a beverage. Whatever is best for you.embarrassed.gif

Wear PINK and I'll get a helium balloon to mark where the meeting spot is. Shouldn't be too hard to spot a group of us that are losing substantial weight and wearing pink!

Informal meet and greet at Polaris mall for Columbus area bandsters. We got this idea started to meet as the Mt. Carmel banded group but we can open up to others in the area.

Meet January 8, 2008 at Polaris Mall in the food Court area -

Count me in! I practically live there anyway :-) Hopefully I'll be banded by then and back on "normal" food.< /p>

I might be able to make it. I will have my daughter with me and she'll not sit still for a whole lot of grown up conversation. We'll see though.

Juli

I'm also going thur Riverside with Dr. Myers. I went to the seminar about two weeks ago, in one week Annie called. My insurances covers it 100%, not sure about the 500 consultant fee. But I really hope so. I did my visit with Annie Tuesday and all day visit Thursday. My last dietian appt is 1-8-07. It would be great to have it done by 1-1-08. But I can wait, I guess:rolleyes! I'm really scared by the gastric bypass...after doing research It has really scared me. I also have PCOS so I think the band is my best option. Well, for me seems to be more safe. As any one heard from MaMaT? I too have heard nothing bad about Dr. Myers...I plan on jumping on some LB groups soon.

Best wishes to all and Fresh Start buddies!:whoo:

I'm hoping this works. This is my first time trying to post with pictures.

There is one file with the AP band - see how its rounded all the way including under the buckle part.

Second file has the other models of bands in it and the one on the right is the VG band that doesn't have a saline pocket under the buckle area.

Seems like they are going to the AP band on new surgery patients but will be checking this out.

AP New Band Type picture.bmp

Bands filled and unfilled.bmp

Welcome Sunrise!!!!

I'm also going thur Riverside with Dr. Myers. I went to the seminar about two weeks ago, in one week Annie called. My insurances covers it 100%, not sure about the 500 consultant fee. But I really hope so. I did my visit with Annie Tuesday and all day visit Thursday. My last dietian appt is 1-8-07. It would be great to have it done by 1-1-08. But I can wait, I guess:rolleyes! I'm really scared by the gastric bypass...after doing research It has really scared me. I also have PCOS so I think the band is my best option. Well, for me seems to be more safe. As any one heard from MaMaT? I too have heard nothing bad about Dr. Myers...I plan on jumping on some LB groups soon.

Best wishes to all and Fresh Start buddies!:whoo:

They are held at Mt. Carmel West Hospital, Medical Staff Bldg, which is just to the left of the Emergency Room entrance, in the Auditorium on the 1st floor. Here are the dates. There are parking garages close by and everything is well lighted so no issues at all.

There was a check in sheet if you wanted credit for attending the meeting but you could also just walk in and sit and listen without signing in if you were just starting to investigate the process of different hospitals weight loss programs.

Also, they very kindly had plenty of large chairs to accommodate us who need the extra room that sometimes auditorium seats don't provide so don't letting being uncomfortable keep you away. I was trying to talk myself out of going but I knew it would help if I'd just go. I was glad I went. A few people got up and gave their current weight loss progress and gave food suggestions and tips. There was a mix of GB and lap band patients from what I could tell.

If there is a list of Riverside or OSU 2008 weight loss support group meetings maybe someone who knows what those dates and locations are can post them too. (If they are open meetings for others to attend.)

Jan 7 - New Years Resolutions

Feb 4 - Post Op Patient Panel

March 3 Relationship and Sex Therapist Presenter

April - ANNUAL STYLE SHOW - will be at Polaris Mall - more details to be announced. These are patients at or nearing goal and the mall stores help put them into new outfits and you get to hear their Before and After stories.

May 5 food is a Nutrition Tool

June 2 Vacation Planning

July 7 Self Esteem

August 4 Ask the Expert (Dr. Patrician Choban, MD)

September -- TBD

October 6 Reconstructive Surgery (Dr. Bivik Shah, MD)

November 3 Holiday Planning

December 1 - Patient Panel - The Gift of Weight Loss - Life Changes

Okay, maybe I need another cup of coffee this cold snowy morning.... They didn't say that we couldn't invite guests to the meetings so yes, I think you can go if you haven't been banded there.

hi, heather.

i went to your loser chronicles and saw your pictures.

how tall are you? because for 283 you dont look that bad. you are cute now--just imagine what you will look like by spring--vvvaavoom!!!!

good luck your surgery is right around the corner.

hi, heather.

i went to your loser chronicles and saw your pictures.

how tall are you? because for 283 you dont look that bad. you are cute now--just imagine what you will look like by spring--vvvaavoom!!!!

good luck your surgery is right around the corner.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your kind words! I mostly feel hideous so to be called cute is not something that happens often :-) It was definitely fun to read!

I am 5'8"

Let's hope this Spring I am looking good... it sure would be nice to buy a smaller size dress for Easter!