Omg, this is actually happening!!

18 posts in this topic

Woo hoo! Thankfully your appeal didn't take too long, and that date is going to come up fast. Congrats! I'll be looking forward to hearing how the pre-op diet goes.

I'm still waiting to hear from insurance. I knew UHC would take their sweet time.

jessgnc likes this 1 Like this

2 hours ago, ChaosUnlimited said:

Woo hoo! Thankfully your appeal didn't take too long, and that date is going to come up fast. Congrats! I'll be looking forward to hearing how the pre-op diet goes.

I'm still waiting to hear from insurance. I knew UHC would take their sweet time.

Well, here's to hoping you hear back soon. When I spoke with Candice, she said there were plenty of openings still. Maybe we can be surgery buddies. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed!

@jessgnc I got my approval today! Now I'm waiting for a date. Krista said she knows I'm on the list of calls the schedulers will be making.

When you got your insurance approval, did it have an "approval for admission date"? And if it did, was it the the actual date you ended up with? Mine says I'm approved for an admission date of 5/22, I'm wondering if that is just a date they put for the approval process.

When do you start your pre-op diet? I purchased some different flavor shakes to start stocking up. My son opened the Cookies and cream Protein powder thinking there were cookies in the package, and he was so disappointed, lol.

jessgnc likes this 1 Like this

AHH YAY!!!

Mine didn't have the date thing, just a window of approval which was April something through 6 months from now to get it done.

My pre-op starts on the 24th (I have the 1 week plan). My final nutrition class is on 5/10, I plan on buying everything then. I have a container of vanilla Protein Powder and about 3 dozen Premier Proteins (I've been using them for Breakfast for the past 2 months), but I figure I'll just stock up when I can look at things.

Your poor son! That's a hoot. :D

20 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

@ChaosUnlimited and @jessgnc I am so glad you got approval!!!! Love the May surgery.

Thank you @Sweet as peaches!