Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Giving Up

Thanks Jack - ya know, I'm so mentally motivated. I just wish there was something that they could do to end the physical fatigue so I could do something. Its been quite a challenge - I've hurt myself twice attempting to exercise. My muscle fatigue is to the point of uselessness from all the treatments I've been on. The only thing I can liken it to is, when you're lifting weights and you've put a little too much on the bars and you're at the very end of your last set of X reps, and you can't physically budge the weights and you're straining as hard as you can just to get that last rep done...That's what it feels like just walking for me after a while. My muscles won't physically move. Once my treatments are done, that'll mostly go away. But until then, the weight is piling on and I'm starting to get buried in a hole I can't see a way out of.

My advocate finally got ahold of me. It was somewhat her fault, but not really. They had a temp in the office as a receptionist. My advocate was out with the flu for a week and a half. She just kept putting the messages on her desk instead of giving them to someone else to take care of. Yeah - so that's where the neglect feeling came in. Anyway - we've resolved that and I'm cautiously going forward - I'm still not sure I'm going to have the surgery. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm not going to get my hopes up about having it and then get shot down because I can't find proof of weight for something 3 or 4 years ago. I don't know that my current doc is going to be too supportive of this, but if he's not, that's just kinda tough in my opinion. I absolutely adore my doctor and his whole staff. But they're from another country where surgery like this would be an absolute LAST resort of any kind. They have nothing but the best love and hopes for me - I mean, I've never, EVER walked into a doctor's office and been treated so well before. Its like going to your best friend's for a visit! Somehow, no matter how many patients are in the office, they always have plenty of time for everyone. I get "scolded" because I don't ask for things - I mean if I'm a bit chilly, I'll put a sweater on or wait it out. I don't need a heated blanket brought to me haha :) Or if I have a cramp in my foot (happens a lot with me) they'll rub it out for me! I never ask them to, I can usually work it out on my own lol. But they're right there for anything you need - gentle as can be. They believe it should be this way - they say that most people that go to the doctor's office are already sick and feeling bad - they shouldn't leave feeling worse! If all doctor's offices were like that, no one would mind going to the doctor.

Don't ever give up. Now that I'm older I care less and less what other people say or think.

The lapband is about taking proactive steps to improve your health. This is something you do, not something other people decide.

I too had problems getting my contact to work through the process. I recommend you get in touch with your "inner asshole" and demand what you need. Nobody has more stake in this than you and you need to make it happen. Do not take NO for an answer.

Don't ever give up, never surrender - complain, escalate, make a nuisance of yourself, abandon civility - but get done what you need to get done.

Bandsters need more respect - instead of just continuing to live in unhealthy misery, we are doing something about it and we should NEVER let anyone dissuade us from our committed goals.

OK that is not a good outlook for life.

You should get with a Lap Band Surgins group and they will do the work with insurance to push things thru the one I have is great. They basicaly did all the insurance work. They said they have done so much of it so often that they know how to get things approved. it just takes time.

OK I think you should change doctors if the one your with your not happy with. and when they ask you why you changed tell them the truth.

Yep, as of this AM. :)

Thanks!

OMG!! That's so great, congratulations!! :whoo::clap2:

You may even go below without blinking, who knows?

That reminds me... I have so much to do!

OK I think you should change doctors if the one your with your not happy with. and when they ask you why you changed tell them the truth.

I didn't say I was unhappy with my doctor. I in fact, said I was VERY happy with my doctor.

I understand having to pay upfront. If he had told me that at the initial meeting... I could have saved. I was told a WEEK before my surgery that I would have to pay the part that insurance did not pay. He (Dr. Mejias) offered NO payment plan. I paid off gall bladder surgery that I had on July 25th by Oct. 4th because they said I would have to before having my lapband. A friend of mine was upset because I was so upset and the office manager at Dr. Mejias office told her that I did not pay my bills. Isn't that slander? I paid off my ball bladder surgery within two months of getting the statement. To that the office manager said, yes, but we had to call her.

ONE WEEK before surgery is not enough notice and I felt it was unfair. The only thing I knew to do was walk out. I had even had my preopt done. Dr Mejias (athens, Ga) said he would start telling patients that they had to pay this amount upfront at the initial seminar. I think I'll go to make sure he does... hand out flyers in front of the office.