Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What form of Bariatric Vitamins do you prefer?

What form of Bariatric Vitamins do you prefer?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What form of Vitamins do you prefer after undergoing Weight Loss Surgery?

• Chewable
    • Capsule
    • Transdermal Patches
    • Gummy
    • Powder
    • Liquid
    • Soft Chews
    • Don't use vitamins

Vitamins come in many shapes and forms. Which form of Bariatric Vitamins do you prefer using after undergoing weight loss surgery?

I use Nutrametrix for my Multivitamin and first dose of Calcium. I use Bariatric Advantage chewables for the remaining Calcium and Iron, and the B12 sublingual.

None of the above, I use the Gastric Sleeve pack through the BariatricPal Store and that package includes a Multivitamin, a Vitamin D, and a B12 patch. I also use the sleep patch occasionally. I really do not like taking pills so I just slap those guys on and have a nice day! :)

3 minutes ago, mamasasuperhero said:

None of the above, I use the Gastric Sleeve pack through the BariatricPal Store and that package includes a Multivitamin, a Vitamin D, and a B12 patch. I also use the sleep patch occasionally. I really do not like taking pills so I just slap those guys on and have a nice day! :)

I added "Transdermal Patches" as an option, thanks!

Alex, this is what I use.

optisource chewable Vitamin & Mineral Supplement

OPTISOURCE Chewable Vitamin & Mineral Supplement is specially formulated to meet unique nutrient needs following bariatric surgery. Contains high levels of Calcium, vitamin D, vitamin B12, Iron, folic acid, thiamin, and zinc. No artificial color. Now with Calcium Citrate—a more absorbable form of calcium and the recommended form of calcium after bariatric surgery.

I'm use chewable pills everyday morning and night after my weight loss surgery

I'm taking Multivitamins and women's chewable not since my mom had gastric bypass surgery in 2002

I love the Patches.

Move got multi Vitamin, B-12, Biotin plus and calcium/Vit D.

I haven't had any follow up blood work done, but at my first post op appointment the PA said her patients with the patch have had good levels...so I'm hopeful.

Am only permitted to take dry forms with my surgery. pills, capsules, tablets, etc.

Wish there were more concentrated liquid dropper forms of all bariatric-- I am Vit D deficient, and found, on another site- liquid D3, mix it with my a.m coffee-- and waiting for a delivery of powder form calcium- just started taking a liquigel multivitamin.. Got tired of the chalky ones and chewy biotin/calcium. Hope my labs look better in a few months, and I hope to have more energy

7 hours ago, New Me 31317 said:

Is the patch as effective as liquid or chewables?

According to my doctors office, the patients on the patch have good Vitamin levels. I personally use them, but haven't gotten to the point where they test my levels.

3 hours ago, New Me 31317 said:

The Patches seem very expensive...

I got them on sale $17.99 for 30 day supply. Plus then the next month I used a 40% off code with an auto ship option.

Ao it wasn't bad. Closer to $12 for 30 day supply.

I don't need all the Vitamins I got. After this month I'm going to reduce it to the multi V and the B-12. I think I panicked that I would be deficient and looking at the daily values I don't need the D/calcium. And I have a large bottle of the Biotin that you put under your tounge- so I'm just going with the 2 once I finish up with D Patches I have remaining.