Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded??? Check in here

Just banded yesterday, and boy, I'm glad my mom is here to help. I don't think my husband would be patient enough to take care of me. Slept on the couch last night, and probably will tonight too. Once I find the comfortable position, it's very easy to sleep.

I have doing a lot of walking around--although slow walking, it really helps with gas pains.

I'll stay in touch-

Ashley

i was bbanded on Oct 3 and doing great. I can't tell you how much more knowledge I had going into this becasue of LBT! I had a headache coming out of surgery but other than that I was good. If I had babied myself like I wanted to I would have been in pain the whole next day but I remember reading here that I should get up and keep moving so I did! The headache went and it has helped so much with the gas pains.

I was banded on 10/1 and I've been taking it slow, sipping slowly and trying to get back into a normal lifestyle. I felt no pain after surgery, just soreness. The gas is really bothering my shoulder, as was expected.

All you 4th Bandsters - How you doing?

I'm up and moving about. Only took pain meds 2x today. Still really sore at times. I wish I could find a comfortable position to sleep. Keep taking the gas-x and it seems to help. No pain that people talk about after going through any type of lap surgery. I walked a lot so maybe that helped.

I'm not sure how the rest of you are doing but is anyone else super thirsty? It was the first thing I asked for when I woke up. Think it was b/c I had nothing to drink from 12am Wednesday until 8:30 Thursday night.

I ended up spending Thursday and most of Friday in Hospital due to my surgery time getting pushed back from 1:30pm to 5pm. (Had mini-meltdown right around 4ish freaked myself out wanted to go home and forget the whole thing). Once again DB had to talk me down off that ledge. He's going to have me committed one of these days I just know it! LOL

Hvnagdtme - my mom is here too! I don't think that the men aren't patient. I think they are worried and this is something they can't even begin to fix for us.

Anyone here from Twyla? She went in on the 4th also! Haven't seen any post from her.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Lizziee- I cannot imagine have to wait there for hours when you thougt you were going in way earlier. How nerve racking! I am so glad you finally had it done and are doing well.

Thank you for lettiing me know about this site- reading your stories is certainly a help-

I have been home since Tuesday, and feeling better every day- the past two days I have been hungry, and feeling a little sorry for myself. I miss going out to dinner and food in general- I feel like I have just lost my best friend

From what I have been reading, is it true that you really don't feel any restriction until you have your first fill?? I am supposed to stay on liquids and pureed Soups (pudding and yogurt included) for two weeks, but it is hard and I am hungry!! Any suggestions- Thanks for all of you being there

Ilene

It's so good to hear from everyone who has already gotten banded this month. It makes me even more excited and nervous too! Glad to hear everyone is doing good.

I'm just in awe that this is really happening. Take care everyone and good luck!

;)Tina

Hi Lizziee,

I was banded on the 4th as well. My gas pains are getting much better this evening. Today I was very uncomfortable, however not in any real pain. I've been sleeping a lot. Normally 3-4 hours at a time. I'm going to take a trip to the grocery store tomorrow to walk around a little bit. And, yes, I'm super thirsty as well. I keep sipping on Water and mint tea. How are you holding up?

I was just banded yesterday. I don't feel too well. I had a long time trying to wake up from surgery. It was hard to get any fluids down. Could be extra swelling from the large hiatus hernia that was repaired. I can now sip on 1 cc at a time. I hope it will get better.

Really Nausea and low-fever suddenly.

Anyone else having this?

I was doing fine but woke up feeling like I would be sick.

Hi all! I was banded on the third and am doing quite well now. Haven't really had many gas pains... just gas "noises", it's pretty funny actually! They're coming from my stomach, my mouth, and well, I'm sure you can figure out where the other noises are comig from. :rolleyes The day after surgery was the worst for me... pain in my port area mostly. It was really hard to get up from a laying down position, it was pretty painful. On day 3, I took full advantage of my pain meds and slept the day away! I'm doing MUCH better today, which is day 4. I was downstairs washing dishes, and have fully weaned myself off the prescription pain meds. Yesterday they were a Godsend, today they were dragging me down! Now I'm just taking Tylenol and it seems to take the edge off nicely.

As far as hunger, I'm not famished or anything. When I do get hungry, I drink either a Protein shake, or cream Soup, or add some unflavored Protein mix to some yogurt. I think that's key to keeping hunger at bay... protein!!! Also, I have my Water bottle right next to me at all times to make sure I stay hydrated.

All in all... I'm happy to be banded! To those who are waiting... don't worry, it will be here before you know it! To those already banded... WAHOO!!! WE DID IT!!!

lizziee, do you think it could be from the prescription pain meds? They were starting to make me dizzy and nauseous this morning. I haven't taken any more and I'm feeling a lot better. What kind of pain meds are you on? I was taking Hydrocodone.

lizziee - I haven't had any fever but did have some nausea when I got home from the hospital. My doc gave me suppositories for the nausea. If you don't have anything like that I would call the office. They wouldn't want you throwing up or heaving with a new band.

Hope you feel better!

Haven't taken any pain meds since 1pm. I'm on Tylenole w/ Codine

Now I can't take anything. So afraid I may get sick.

This is the worst I've felt .....

Hey! Banded 10/04. Gas has been a drag, but better today. I am walking around, doing some chores, lots of phone talk and have been on liquids since surgery.....protein drink, Jello, ice, broth, propell. I was a bit anxious, just short of an anxiety attack last night. Feel better today. Please keep me posted and I need all the support I can get!!