Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

Has anyone ever cheated on their Pre-op diet? If so, how did you restart yourself to make sure you were good for surgery?

I am just curious. I feel like I would be that one person that just cheats midway through.

Hi

Today is my second day liquid diet! 12 more to go , I don't know but is very hard!

I bought a huge bottle of Tylenol, headache since yesterday , is hard not to cheat, but I didn't ...... ???

Good luck...

Many times in the sense of deviating from what my dietitian planned out. However, I fully understand the point of a ketosis (ketogenic) diet so I'm not deviating from the point of a low carb, low calorie, high Protein diet.. still well under even the reduced amount of carbs and cals my dietitian wanted.. still dropping weight like mad and surgeon said if I'm dumping weight then liver is likely shrinking. Just got liver function results back from 2 days ago and they're the best I've had in 3 years.. lowered dramatically along with HBA1c. Both in perfectly normal range for the first time in a while. When it comes to the last few weeks I'll stick straight to liquid but by then I'll have lost like 60-85 pounds on the pre op diet alone.

Thanks for the responses. My liquid diet starts 3/12. I am just worried that the cravings will get the best of me. I have been preparing, by eating 1 small meal a day, drinking tons and having my Protein shakes. It is easy since my meal is at lunch but I am still getting food. I just want to succeed.

I've seen tons of people cheat, but I've seen them do the surgery and not finish it cause they cheat and their liver didn't shrink. You got this. Drink tons of Water and try hitting the gym to sweat out of the toxins. It's really not bad. I did a two week liquid diet with nothing but Protein Shakes. First few days is rough but gets easier.

Thanks for the responses. My liquid diet starts 3/12. I am just worried that the cravings will get the best of me. I have been preparing, by eating 1 small meal a day, drinking tons and having my Protein shakes. It is easy since my meal is at lunch but I am still getting food. I just want to succeed.

Keep telling yourself this part is temporary! You can do anything for a few weeks if you believe in yourself and the future you want to have! Show yourself just how tough you have it in you to be.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I promise the Protein will keep you full. Make sure you get your Water in and take advantage of Snacks if you're hungry (mine were sugar free Jello and Decaf tee or chicken broth). I drank Premier Protein which gas 30grams protein a shake and would have lean cuisine for my meal. Sometimes I couldn't finish my last Protein Shake because I just wasn't hungry and I had already hit my dr prescribed 100g of protein and it was ok.

Good luck, it's worth it. I only had two or three headache days during my 12 days.

I myself, am on day 5 of a fusion shake diet that I need to do up until my surgery date of march 14. It's TOUGH!!! All I can have are the shakes 3 times a day, Water, sf Jello, broth or g2 Gatorade. I crave food so badly! It's making me irritated and short tempered. Ugggh! I read somewhere on this forum someone say it's temporary...push through, I'm trying! I'm looking forward to having AN EGG, one EGG... in 3 weeks. It will be the first time I can have something to chew in a month! My point, keep at it! It's hard but you can do it!

Thanks for the support guys/gals. I really appreciate it. I see people say that the first few days are hard but it gets easier. On the 10th, I will be at BJ's getting my premier Protein shakes.

Btw, has anyone tried the Caramel and strawberry Flavors? Were they good?

I could be over thinking it. I maybe able push through this diet. I will ensure that my liver shrinks. I will also go to the gym, bike and treadmill it for extra assurance.

strawberry is good and I'm not big on strawberry flavored drinks. I want to try the caramel. I try to mix them up so I don't get tired of them. I also throw in some Unjury powder with almond milk for a change.

Just think sticking to it will make your surgery so much easier for the surgeon. Anytime I was tempted to have something I shouldn't, I think of the end game.

I love shakes that are chocolate but I was getting tired of the chocolate flavors and for some reason vanilla is too sweet for me. I would like to try the other flavors. I think I will buy one pack of strawberry and caramel and get the rest chocolate just in case l do not like them