Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So who would you like to meet?

DerickM

If you would like to report a post, report it. We will look into it. When you (your aunt, whomever) just start following people around trying to push buttons and conducting yourselves like children, that doesn't say "I feel victimized" to us.

Both sides of this wtf it is need to look closely at how they're acting. Anyone who feels victimized or attacked needs to escalate appropriately.

well that could be my fault, i tell her when i see something thats directed at her and she doesnt always want to hear. She COULD read it on her own just viewing the board as guest, but she doesnt, and i wish she would stick up for herself. I dont see it as provoking. I see it as defending herself. You probably havent seen all the threads where wasa followed her around from thread to thread harassing her. Liz feels like she cant post on the board at all without being harrased.

im interested in being banded, but i dont think i will come to this website for support. Its not a lapband support board anymore, its the wasabubblebutt show. Theres a lot of people who make fun of new people who come here for support and help. I think its grown past the purpose of the intent in creating the board. It will get peaceful again and then out of nowhere it starts all over again. I even offered to meet in a new thread and talk it out, and we went, and waited, and they bailed.

Liz is being much more mature about it than i have been. I just have a hard time sitting back and watching her be constantly insulted without fighting back. The moderators have stepped in and asked us to stop, and i will. I still see where theyve posted and of course their "supporters" and im reminded of being in grade school again.

its got to stop.

im willing for this to be the last thats said about it. I bet money it wont be, but im willing to let it go.

11-03-2007, 12:17 AM #20 (permalink)

sweethazel

aunt

Yummie, I used zenical (the perscription drug alli is based on) for eight months before i was banded and it does cause oily discharge if you overeat fatty foods. Like the band, it slowly teaches you which foods to avoid. I got off of them because I didnt like the effect and only lost a little bit of wieght. I get desperate too because im not losing as much as I thought i would either. Just ignore Wasaisabubblehead, she often posts on threads that have nothing to do with her in any way just out of habit. She has no other life than the one we afford her on here, poor thing.I SO HATE LIARS

Let Go!!!

Wheet, if you look, i HAVE tried reporting this issue for the last two months. there are three seperate email reports to administration that even quote the post that offended, and my issue with it, (three) Nothing was ever done.

and again, my question is WHY am I the one being told this now? (i understand hazel and i think she does too) but why me? From the first time i felt this way i started reading about what to do to remedy it and tried to do that.

What happens to them? ALL OF THEIR POSTS TO ME INITIALLY THAT I WROTE IN ABOUT??? and its laurend too, not just wasa, but laurends post follow wasa's so closely that i thought anyone rational would see whats going on. The reports got sent, nothing was done. I dont think anything WILL happen either.

again, the only person hurt by this is me. I actually came to the board for support. I dont know WHY they come.

I did look. Have been looking. I looked back through 7/01 and have no reported posts from you or any of the other names associated with you. Unless you did this in June or earlier, I have no record of it.

Look - who started what, who's who, who is more at fault.... who cares? What it boils down to is that all sides of this have dropped to surprisingly immature levels. You are all adults, and you all know how to best resolve situations like this. Bickering isn't it. Someone take the higher road and turn the other cheek.

I did look. Have been looking. I looked back through 7/01 and have no reported posts from you or any of the other names associated with you. Unless you did this in June or earlier, I have no record of it.

Look - who started what, who's who, who is more at fault.... who cares? What it boils down to is that all sides of this have dropped to surprisingly immature levels. You are all adults, and you all know how to best resolve situations like this. Bickering isn't it. Someone take the higher road and turn the other cheek.

With all due respect, Wheetsin (and you know I do like and respect you), we did attempt to take the higher road. I don't think it's immaturity when someone actually responds to a post that specifically mentions their name. WASa PMed you guys multiple times about sweethazel and Lizrbit, sending lists of the threads where she was harassed by them as proof, but nothing was done, not even in the form of a reply to her. Is it a surprise that eventually people get tired of being stalked and harassed? You virtually confirmed to me that Lizrbit and sweethazel are the same person. She's been allowed to sit there and stalk and harass the other members of this board. She made up another SN to harass WASa and I after we ignored her. When something like that doesn't end, I think the members that are the receiving end of the harassment are entitled to react. I know I feel like I can't go and post in any thread I would like to, for fear that I am going to be attacked. Hell, it's gotten to the point that I'm scared that she's going to find out my address.

Let me ask you this: Would you tell a person being stalked and harassed in RL to "just ignore it?" Eventually, something has to be done about the person doing the stalking.

Which member would you like to meet that you haven't had a chance to meet in person and hang out with yet?

A good thread for scoring some brownie points and some gratuitous ego-fluffing

I would like to meet: green, laurend, Boo Boo, lizrbit, beversman and Jack

Awww Derrick! I am honored to be in such presence as Jack and green! :) Thank you!

I WILL be meeting ClaudMex in a few short days, I am very very exicted about that. I have never met anyone from online before! :tape2:

BUT I want to meet also: all of my steady girls of course, and FaithMD, WasA, Ghost, My chickie, wow, there just are so many I can't even list them all. Jossette who lives a few 30 miles from me, and we have promised to get together. There just are too many!

AN d of course Derrik so we can have a secret affair! Uh-oh, not so secret now! :)

Of course I forgot I can not edit....grrrr...lol...

Whoyoursdaddy at the top of my list as well, he has the best taste in dogs! :)

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Heyyyyy! Now i feel honoured!!! sitting in the airport wainting 3 hours to get a flight home and i read this! How good does that make me feel?

Yeaaaaaaaaaah, im the man...its my birthday...its my birthday...gona party like its my birthday........

I cant wait for this buisness trip to be over.

Heyyyyy! Now i feel honoured!!! sitting in the airport wainting 3 hours to get a flight home and i read this! How good does that make me feel?

Yeaaaaaaaaaah, im the man...its my birthday...its my birthday...gona party like its my birthday........

So what dogs do you have?

Mr. Popularity!:biggrin1:

11-03-2007, 12:17 AM #20 (permalink)

sweethazel

aunt

Yummie, I used zenical (the perscription drug alli is based on) for eight months before i was banded and it does cause oily discharge if you overeat fatty foods. Like the band, it slowly teaches you which foods to avoid. I got off of them because I didnt like the effect and only lost a little bit of wieght. I get desperate too because im not losing as much as I thought i would either. Just ignore Wasaisabubblehead, she often posts on threads that have nothing to do with her in any way just out of habit. She has no other life than the one we afford her on here, poor thing.I SO HATE LIARS

Let Go!!!

Ouch. Didn't see that one coming. :)

And yes, I will admit that the "snoopy dance" thread was a little immature on my part. But, like I was telling someone via PM, I personally feel that I was entitled to a bit of an immature response after finding out that the person that was stalking and harassing WASa and myself was the very same person that made completely and utterly unfounded harassment accusations against us and then made a giant fuss over blocking us.

With all due respect, Wheetsin (and you know I do like and respect you), we did attempt to take the higher road. I don't think it's immaturity when someone actually responds to a post that specifically mentions their name. But responding to a post that specifically mentions someone's name isn't all that has been happening, either -- not by a long shot. There have been a lot of "pokes" and "prods" in a lot of different manners.

WASa PMed you guys multiple times about sweethazel and Lizrbit, sending lists of the threads where she was harassed by them as proof, but nothing was done, not even in the form of a reply to her. In 100% honesty, I have my PM box opened in a window next to this one, and I do have PMs from both of you, but outside of the ones that have transpired very recently (last day or so) I don't have a single one that references this issue. At least not back thru... 9/19 (going back to around the time I accidentally deleted the post you started about the person on OH). I'm not saying the PMs weren't sent - perhaps they were and I didn't get it for some reason. I dunno. All I'm saying is that I do not have them. I don't know if the other mods are reading this thread or not, but I can't speak for what they did/didn't receive.

You virtually confirmed to me that Lizrbit and sweethazel are the same person. If I did this, it was unintentional. I do try to refrain from putting too much information into PMs (easier to do than it might seem), and perhaps this makes my message ambiguous or vague. Looking back at what I sent I can see how you would interpret what I said as an unspoken confirmation, but I really didn't mean it that way.

I think the members that are the receiving end of the harassment are entitled to react. No one said don't react. I would - and I may speak for the other moderators here but can't guarantee it - prefer that people react and take care of their own issues. Hence we will tend to let lots of little hiccups run their own course, as they usually do. The best part of being a moderator is when you don't have to moderate. I think both sides could have reacted in more productive ways. Obviously I don't think anything horrible has happened, hence you all still have accounts here. But I do think there has been a lot of immaturity and I do think the situations could have been handled very differently.

Let me ask you this: Would you tell a person being stalked and harassed in RL to "just ignore it?" Eventually, something has to be done about the person doing the stalking. No, I wouldn't tell someone IRL to ignore it, but I see the two concepts as apples and oranges. If that much similarity, even. E.g. -- someone following me in a car, parking outside of my house, already being there when I went to pick up my children, etc. would concern me a lot more than someone posting irritating/pointless replies to my posts on a messageboard.

With all due respect, Wheetsin (and you know I do like and respect you), we did attempt to take the higher road. I don't think it's immaturity when someone actually responds to a post that specifically mentions their name. But responding to a post that specifically mentions someone's name isn't all that has been happening, either -- not by a long shot. There have been a lot of "pokes" and "prods" in a lot of different manners. True. But, that has always gone on. Even you've participated in the threads where we vent over posts that irritate us. And honestly, no one had to prod sweethazel. If you look back at all of her posts, her very first posts were attacking. We didn't provoke her. We didn't need to.

WASa PMed you guys multiple times about sweethazel and Lizrbit, sending lists of the threads where she was harassed by them as proof, but nothing was done, not even in the form of a reply to her. In 100% honesty, I have my PM box opened in a window next to this one, and I do have PMs from both of you, but outside of the ones that have transpired very recently (last day or so) I don't have a single one that references this issue. At least not back thru... 9/19 (going back to around the time I accidentally deleted the post you started about the person on OH). I'm not saying the PMs weren't sent - perhaps they were and I didn't get it for some reason. I dunno. All I'm saying is that I do not have them. I don't know if the other mods are reading this thread or not, but I can't speak for what they did/didn't receive. From what she's told me, she PMed Alexandra.

You virtually confirmed to me that Lizrbit and sweethazel are the same person. If I did this, it was unintentional. I do try to refrain from putting too much information into PMs (easier to do than it might seem), and perhaps this makes my message ambiguous or vague. Looking back at what I sent I can see how you would interpret what I said as an unspoken confirmation, but I really didn't mean it that way. Even so, I think it's been proven in this thread that they are the same person. In one post, she says that she's looking into the band, but she's made posts in the past where she's talked about her experience post-banding. I'll bet a hundred bucks that she got her accounts mixed up and posted with the wrong one. You made posts, also, after I asked you for IP comparisons and after sweethazel/Lizrbit had a conversation in a thread, talking about how odd you found it when people with two IDs had conversations with themselves.

I think the members that are the receiving end of the harassment are entitled to react. No one said don't react. I would - and I may speak for the other moderators here but can't guarantee it - prefer that people react and take care of their own issues. Hence we will tend to let lots of little hiccups run their own course, as they usually do. The best part of being a moderator is when you don't have to moderate. I think both sides could have reacted in more productive ways. Obviously I don't think anything horrible has happened, hence you all still have accounts here. But I do think there has been a lot of immaturity and I do think the situations could have been handled very differently. We ignored Lizrbit and she came up with sweethazel. We ignored sweethazel and she kept posting. I'm sorry, I don't like being slandered (libeled?) and attacked from out of the blue in a thread. And I don't think I should be the one to have to put someone one block because I'm being attacked.

Let me ask you this: Would you tell a person being stalked and harassed in RL to "just ignore it?" Eventually, something has to be done about the person doing the stalking. No, I wouldn't tell someone IRL to ignore it, but I see the two concepts as apples and oranges. If that much similarity, even. E.g. -- someone following me in a car, parking outside of my house, already being there when I went to pick up my children, etc. would concern me a lot more than someone posting irritating/pointless replies to my posts on a messageboard. I would feel the same, except when I've posted personal details on that message board, and there are people on the message board that know my physical address and my full name and could figure out where I work and go to school very easily. It creeps me out. If she wanted to find me, she could. So yes, I take this very seriously.