Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breaking NEWS! I've BEEN OUTED!

OK... so many of you reading this post know that I am a big mouth online, but at work NO ONE except ONE person knows about my surgery..

I'm now down 54 lbs and I am looking very good in my old clothes... enough to where people are really noticing my weight loss...... I know it also shows in my smile and attitude.... I LOVE MY BAND.

So I also am the HR Benefits rep, and also the "approachable" one in my office..................

I just got off the phone with one of our employees that wanted to know if our insurance covered the lapband............... hhhmmmmm personal dilema.......... Do I break my silence to HELP this person and tell her how stinking EASY it is for us to get it covered?? .......... Do I EXPLAIN the band???? Do I tell her my secret so that they know that I KNOW from experience what I'm talking about???? and for the greater good of all the obese people I work with??????? HELL YES! I spilled my beans... and I'm sure right about now it is spreading like wildfire that Tracy has the lap band.............. Lord save me from the pound police.......... (Tracy how many lbs have you lost now, and now, and now...... and now) and lord help THEM if they tell me I took the easy way out.......... :)

OK... so many of you reading this post know that I am a big mouth online, but at work NO ONE except ONE person knows about my surgery..

I'm now down 54 lbs and I am looking very good in my old clothes... enough to where people are really noticing my weight loss...... I know it also shows in my smile and attitude.... I LOVE MY BAND.

So I also am the HR Benefits rep, and also the "approachable" one in my office..................

I just got off the phone with one of our employees that wanted to know if our insurance covered the lapband............... hhhmmmmm personal dilema.......... Do I break my silence to HELP this person and tell her how stinking EASY it is for us to get it covered?? .......... Do I EXPLAIN the band???? Do I tell her my secret so that they know that I KNOW from experience what I'm talking about???? and for the greater good of all the obese people I work with??????? HELL YES! I spilled my beans... and I'm sure right about now it is spreading like wildfire that Tracy has the lap band.............. Lord save me from the pound police.......... (Tracy how many lbs have you lost now, and now, and now...... and now) and lord help THEM if they tell me I took the easy way out.......... :)

Tracy - :clap2::clap2:

The pound police let up after awhile - i have them in my office - but i also have people telling me how good i look and that they are proud of me... As you well know the band wasn't the 100% reason that you lose those 54 lbs - it was you and your good food choices - exercise etc. You will tell the newbie that it's just a tool - how cool it is to have someone right there to share your knowledge with instead of having to type pages of explainations :car:

Isn't it funny how we look at the other fat people in the office now when we watch them eat - you want to shake them and tell them to stop before they kill themselves.... and to think we use to be one of them...

The pound police does let up :)

Good for you, helping someone else out at your own 'expense'.

The first couple months were rough with people I work with, but now they don't ask me (maybe they pity me since I am not losing quick enough?!)

LOL thanks, and so true!!!!!!!!

Today everyone was gorging themselves on really evil looking pastries and I heated up my Weight Control oatmeal, and smirked to myself..... :)

The pound police does let up :)

Good for you, helping someone else out at your own 'expense'.

The first couple months were rough with people I work with, but now they don't ask me (maybe they pity me since I am not losing quick enough?!)

Laura

10 lbs a month is good - don't be so hard on yourself - you are making changes for a life time.. Not short term. It takes time to make these changes...

Oh, you outed yourself! I thought you meant somebody squealed! Well, you did the right thing, Tracy. I don't know that I would have done the same. I'm proud of you!!

At least you were the one to out yourself. I see your posts all the time and your weight loss is awesome so far. Keep up the great work!

Tracy.... I just love you. I was a lurker on LCF forever and saw your posts about wanting to be banded. I was considering the band myself and followed you here. I have finished my 3rd of 7 monthly dietician visits and I pray I get a date sometime in Feb. You are a huge inspiration to me (Ok, now I sound like a stalker.....:) )

Anyway, you may be able to help this employee. God knows the crap we have to go through to get this tool.

You rock!!:rockon:

Ang

Hi Tracy,

I'm not banded yet, but I know what you mean about the food police.

I "met" you on the lapband threads on LCF recently. I use a different name there, "Andagain." I have low carbed off and on for 7 years, on my best efforts during one year I lost 50 lbs. found it all again and a some that someone else lost. Then lost 60 lbs. with the help of prescribed diet pills and of course I've found all that too, with a few of their friends. But when I first started low carbing people were absolutely hateful about it. Now the same ones who used to carry on about how I was going to kill my kidneys are now low carbing and you'd think they invented it. :)

So the moral of the story is, once they ALL get banded they'll be so self centered they won't even remember you are losing weight too. :cry

Tracy,

As for the pound police, I don't tell people how much I've lost. I tell them I'm nearly at 50% of what I want to lose. Or whatever the percentage is. And I thank them kindly for their interest, and even I thank them for letting me go on and on about myself....

But now most folks know now not to ask and tell me I'm looking good.

Okay, I also give them a little story about why I don't tell. It goes something like this. "I'm scared to death that if I tell what I've actually lost someone mean is going to say, 'you've lost that much and you're still that big?' so I just keep it to myself." Typically they'll go on to mention a few people who might be that rude, or they say they'd never do that...It's cute and makes people laugh.

So figure out what you want to share and what not and stick to your guns.

And YOU LOOK GREAT! I saw your recent pic and was completely blown away!

Hey all! I'm watching Greys in my room and decided to log on!

WOW! Thanks for all the awsome compliments.. I'm humbled... I'm no expert bandster by any means.. I'm just trying to keep my paws out of the ice cream in the freezer! :car:

Julie: I did that my last time down the scale... lost 80 lbs and someone said.......... damn you must of been a BIGGGGGGGGG woman!...... I just shook my then size 12 ass at them and said.. yeah and I STILL GOT IT! Well I got even BIGGER before getting banded.......and I can NOT WAIT to have a size 12 ass again! :)

Ang and Andagain......... HELLO from LCF!

Again.. everyone thanks for all the kind words! I had always planned on outing myself eventually.......... I have a little WLS guide with all the exact criteria they need to meet... Today I told the gal to start her own research and then she'd be ready to go January 1, 2007...........