Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this normal sleeved on 2/15/17

So I was sleeved on 2/15/17 and wasn't bad I used the pain pump twice. When I was released the next day we decided to stay near the hospital for another day or two. So that's when I went to lie down or get up I feel like I did 1000 push-ups and got kicked in the gut a few hundred times. Barely getting down the broth and Water it's a bit discouraging. Then I had a low grade fever of 100.1 which seemed to go away with Tylenol. I have to inject Lovenox in my stomach to prevent blood clots.

If anyone I know tells me I took the easy way out I might loose it. The site and smell of food gets me nausea. I read it gets better everyday

Thanks in advance for any comments I'm a bit down and that's not me.

The low grade fever would concern me. I would call the doctor about that one. But I hear the feeling of doing 1000 sit ups is normal.

I was also sleeved on the 15th and I was definitely not prepared for the pain I have been experiencing.yesterday was the worst felt like I was hit by a mac truck.i was told to walk alot to relieve the gas pains and I am definitely feeling better right now.i still have alot of pain where he removed My stomach.as for keeping liquid down I am not having any problems with that but after a couple of seconds after I drink I get a really crampy feeling in my stomach for a few seconds.I hope you feel better soon.

Hello, I had my surgery on Valentine's Day. The pain was unexpected, day 4 , pain still pretty bad , I'm not sleeping . I do walk as much as I can , gas pretty bad but I am able to keep liquids down . I take pain pills 3-4 times a day. If the fever comes back please call your doctor , also everyone says walking helps, everyone is right!

If doctors/surgeons told patients how rough the aftermath of most surgeries are on people no one would ever have surgery. I don't say this to put down doctors or surgery or to be discouraging to patients. But surgery and having one's flesh cut, organs removed or bones mended is painful and takes a lot out of us to just go through the healing process. I had a low grade fever too. That is not unusual considering the trauma our bodies have been through. Keep an eye on the point of fever your doctor told you to call for. Mine cut off was 101.5. I, fortunately never got that high.

I questioned what I'd done to myself more than once the first week or so. I'm 32 days post op today and just now am feeling physically stronger and more able to cope with what I've chosen to have done to myself.

But do I feel it was worth it.... WITHOUT RESERVATION ABSOLUTELY!!! :D You will get there too! Take good care of yourselves and don't hesitate to contact your doctors and nurse's. They are here to help you!

I hope my opinion is helpful to you. May God bless you and keep you! :1331_v_tone2:

If doctors/surgeons told patients how rough the aftermath of most surgeries are on people no one would ever have surgery. I don't say this to put down doctors or surgery or to be discouraging to patients. But surgery and having one's flesh cut, organs removed or bones mended is painful and takes a lot out of us to just go through the healing process. I had a low grade fever too. That is not unusual considering the trauma our bodies have been through. Keep an eye on the point of fever your doctor told you to call for. Mine cut off was 101.5. I, fortunately never got that high.

I questioned what I'd done to myself more than once the first week or so. I'm 32 days post op today and just now am feeling physically stronger and more able to cope with what I've chosen to have done to myself.
But do I feel it was worth it.... WITHOUT RESERVATION ABSOLUTELY!!! You will get there too! Take good care of yourselves and don't hesitate to contact your doctors and nurse's. They are here to help you!

I hope my opinion is helpful to you. May God bless you and keep you! :1331_v_tone2:

Diva thanks for the nice words

Hi hope you are feeling better. I got my sleeves on 2/14 and was sent home the evening 2/15. I developed a low-grade temp that night think it was 99.9; at the time on my discharge papers said if I developed a temp higher than 101 to call them as that is cause for concern but anything less than that was normal. I did however have a cough that caused me to cough up some blood which was a major concern for me I spoke with the on-call doctor and he was advised that there is some blood in the stomach from surgery that was i'm normal but if I coughed up more that I should go to the emergency room. When I was discharged they provided me with Zofran for the nine to get liquid oxycodone for pain and something like Prilosec Outside from the gas pain I've been pretty good and only used the Zofran twice.

Good luck to you.

Hi hope you are feeling better. I got my sleeves on 2/14 and was sent home the evening 2/15. I developed a low-grade temp that night think it was 99.9; at the time on my discharge papers said if I developed a temp higher than 101 to call them as that is cause for concern but anything less than that was normal. I did however have a cough that caused me to cough up some blood which was a major concern for me I spoke with the on-call doctor and he was advised that there is some blood in the stomach from surgery that was i'm normal but if I coughed up more that I should go to the emergency room. When I was discharged they provided me with Zofran for the nine to get liquid oxycodone for pain and something like Prilosec Outside from the gas pain I've been pretty good and only used the Zofran twice.

Good luck to you.

Thank you best of luck to you also.
I just checked my blood glucose after only having chicken broth and Powerade zero and plain Water and it was 187 I'm surprised. I haven't taken my Metformin since the 2/14/
I'm not sure if I should take the metformin or wait until tomorrow morning and check it again.
Thanks again

Imagine how you would expect to feel if someone stabbed you 4-5 times in the belly. Yeah, you are gonna hurt :) should feel much better in a couple weeks.

Im in the same boat. I was just sleeved on the 15th and I have gas in my chest. All of my pain is focused on my incision where my stomach was pulled out at, but, I walked a mile for the first time today, and after sitting down in my recliner and getting back up, I noticed that it hurts less. Idk if this is a fluk or if the walking is starring to work, but I will walk another mile and let you know tomorrow [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

I was sleeved on feb 9th. Basically the worst problem I've had was that "feeling like I've done 1000 push ups" feelings. It's almost 2 weeks and I've slept on my back every night because it feels like my abs are just free floating in my fatty abdomen LOL it hurtttsss. I was kind of worried cuz the other girls I got sleeved with never had this type of sensation. It was more gas pains for them. But me it's like somebody literally gathered all my muscles and tugged on them for hours (which was done) LOL. IT GETS BETTER!!!!! Last night I slept on my side for the first time. And I can actually get in and out of bed without feeling like I was ran over and kicked by a bull. [emoji106] [emoji23]

I felt miserable for the first week. And it's amazing how every day there is progress. Keep your chin up, try to keep your mind on the positive. IT IS WORTH IT!!!!

YOU GOT THIS!!!!

Yes, every day it will get a little easier. You have been through a massive surgery. Be kind to yourself and speedy recovery!

Kate