Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being thin has it price

Karlee

You've completely omitted the most important part -- how do you feel about your weightloss? Not "how are others responding" or "what are your current stressors," but how do you feel?

BTW, 60 lbs does not make one a "big fat pink elephant." Many people here have 60+ lbs to lose, and I would not endear a single one of them with that title. Methinks you may be a bit too hard on yourself.

Why is the college bound daughter taking up so much more funds than what you had planned? Is she surpassing her budget, not contributing, etc?

he sounds like he's very insecure about your losing weight, I think alot of people are in the same boat - my wife has a jealous streak too - maybe there are some things you can do to include him in your Quest to be healthier, go for a walk or bike ride together - as for him holding your secret over your head if push comes to shove tell your secret and defuse the bomb so to speak - just a thought

I dont know how I feel about the weight loss Wheetsin some days I feel great other days not so great I guess with everything on my plate the bad out weighs the good..My daughter does not have a job as yet so she is busting my budget as for the pink elephant in the room comment that thats my DH saying when he dont want to call me fat. he will say their is a pink elephant in the room.

he sounds like he's very insecure about your losing weight, I think alot of people are in the same boat - my wife has a jealous streak too - maybe there are some things you can do to include him in your Quest to be healthier, go for a walk or bike ride together - as for him holding your secret over your head if push comes to shove tell your secret and defuse the bomb so to speak - just a thought

thanks MR downtown it's just hard when the one person who should be in your corner is standing on the other side of the room

thats my DH saying when he dont want to call me fat. he will say their is a pink elephant in the room.
You are a much more tolerant woman than I. If my husband ever said anything like that to me or about me, I don't I would ever be referring to him as "husband" much longer. There's a certain amount of respect that has to be in a relationship. When one so heavily and completely disrepects the other, help is needed. (IMO, of course) Don't let him talk to you like that, you're his wife, not a piece of poop on the street!

Not sure what to say about your daughter, but surely there's a job somewhere. Is she perhaps riding Easy Street a little?

And as for the little one's birthday, what kind of party is she wanting? We have a creative group of people here. I'm sure we could brainstorm some cheap/free ideas for you.

I'm going to guess you are glad you lost the weight, but are having a hard time rejoicing when you're feeling like you're being dragged through the dirt.

Tell you what, get your DH to create an account, and tell him to post an introduction in the RnR forum. :bounce:

oh sure I totally get that - he should be your biggest supporter and cheerleader not tearing you down - part of this journey we've all started is getting the moral support - he definately has some self esteem issues and you working to better yourself doesn't help those issues unfortunately -

Hi Karlee, I can help with the party as that is what I do. When is the party and what does she want? I am in New Jersey.

Hi Karlee, I can help with the party as that is what I do. When is the party and what does she want? I am in New Jersey.

thanks joyce but I am in atlanta I am sure I will come up with something as for every one else THANKS I can always count on you guys to listen

I never caught your original post but the "pink elephant" comment sounds pretty damn hostile to me.