Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Picture help please, Argon, Gaffer? Someone Anyone lol

Good mornin!

I want to start posting some pictures but I can't find a way to make them a good size.

I thought I was pretty good at this computer stuff but apparently not when it comes to making pictures fit.....

help...

Open the picture in Paint. Click Image > Stretch/Skew. Enter a percentage value for horizontal and vertical. Enter the same percentage for both fields to maintain your aspect ratio. If you enter different numbers, your picture will be deformed.

The percentage is basically what you want the image to be resized to. E.g. entering 50% will resize the image to be half of its current size.

If it's still too large or small, just click Edit > Undo, and repeat the steps entering a larger or smaller percentage.

Me too, I just wasn't thinking! (about having pictures taken)

Leslie, you're lookin hot, you funky lady! Lets see a full body shot!

Leslie, you look great! I can sure see a difference in your face and neck. Please post some more pics of the new fabulous you!!!

I must say... I'm jealous. You got the picture with our hunky surgeon... You dawg you!!! :rose: Wish I thought of it. Guess that's another good reason for going back to TO.

:D

Sorry I did not see you post sooner, anyway it looks like you are up to speed with the pics.

You are doing great Lelsie, I can really see the difference from when we met at Dr. Botha's office.

I am jealous of all you guys that can have more access to aftercare with Dr.C. Not only is he great, I am sure he could throw a needle like a dart and hit my port from across the room. Not to mention the price is right with him.

Keep up the good work Leslie.

I have had to take a bit of a hiatus from the hardcore weight loss while we figure out what is going on with my back. I have been having back problems which I thought was due to the weight loss. Bone scans & bone densitometer found compression fractures in 6 thoracis vertbrae. They are consistant with some injury or osteoporosis. I have had to stay away from the gym, which means I am in a holding pattern right now.

Andrew

Wow LeslieLee you look great. I can tell the difference from when dh and i met you in summer time. Keep up the good work.

Sorry I did not see you post sooner, anyway it looks like you are up to speed with the pics.

You are doing great Lelsie, I can really see the difference from when we met at Dr. Botha's office.

I am jealous of all you guys that can have more access to aftercare with Dr.C. Not only is he great, I am sure he could throw a needle like a dart and hit my port from across the room. Not to mention the price is right with him.

Keep up the good work Leslie.

I have had to take a bit of a hiatus from the hardcore weight loss while we figure out what is going on with my back. I have been having back problems which I thought was due to the weight loss. Bone scans & bone densitometer found compression fractures in 6 thoracis vertbrae. They are consistant with some injury or osteoporosis. I have had to stay away from the gym, which means I am in a holding pattern right now.

Andrew

Sorry to hear about the back Andrew - pretty young for osteoporosis and your bones should have been pretty strong from the weight alone - hopefully they can sort that out quickly. Do you have access to a pool and swimming? That might help you stay on track. Hang in there and good luck!

Cindy

Sorry to hear about the back Andrew - pretty young for osteoporosis and your bones should have been pretty strong from the weight alone - hopefully they can sort that out quickly. Do you have access to a pool and swimming? That might help you stay on track. Hang in there and good luck!

Cindy

Yes it is kinda a bummer. I go tot the Dr. tommorow to see what they found in the bone scan & bone densitometer. The tech doing my densitometer did say that my bone density was low for a guy of my size & age when she compared my spine with my hip.

I also threw her for a loop because my port showed up on the scan and was sticking off the side of my spine. She could not figure out what was going on so I told her what it was.

I am eager to find out what is going on. I think the fractures might be a result of the way that I carried my weight for all those years and it took a toll on my spine. I have always been very active and it could have been caused by working out and my gut pulling on my back.

I dont want to clutter up Leslie's post with my woes, so I will create a new post about it after I hear back from the Dr.

This whole things started as I was complaining about my back to my Dr. and he sent me for an x-ray that can back abnormal.

On the up side, it should make me a lock for my abdominoplasty although I cant see the plastic surgeon unitl June 8, 2008.

Andrew

Hi everybody and thank you for all the great encouragement! It really does make this road we are all on easier and a lot brighter!

Sometimes when we are living in our own skin we don't see what others are seeing so it is nice to read that you can see a difference when I am feeling like I am not doing as well as I am wishing I could.

I have to admit getting my picture with Dr. C was a very good idea and when I asked if he would mind he was all for it and asked that I kept taking pictures so I could see the changes. Smart man he is. It really does help. -=smiles=- As others like Argon and Andrew I am sure will agree.

So does meeting others when you can and sharing banded life, I was so fortunate to meet JLB, Andrew, and Loriely and her sweet Husband. I hope as months go by that I will meet more people who share this banded life.

Cindy, Thank you for posting, and you are doing Great too!! Looking forward to watching you shrink!! and you are!

Argon, you are an inspiration to so many, and your pictures have been so good for me to see. lol You started this... I will get a body shot for ya!!

JLB, if you send me a pic of you I can find a way to cut me out of the one I have with OUR Dr. C and put you in! -=winks=- lol I had tomatoe basil Soup tonight and thought of you! Thank you for being there for me and others!

Jacklyn, isn't the clinic great? Thank you for your encouragement and I will be happy to do the same for you!

Andrew, Thank you again for being the great guy you are! Putting up with all the girl stuff here... -=winks=- You are doing amazing and I am so happy for you and your family. Life will just keep getting better! I am sure that you will get your back issue dealt with and you will be posting pics and giving encouragement to the new banders. Oh and don't worry about cluttering...

When did you start checking into abdominoplasty??

When did you start checking into abdominoplasty??

I saw my family Dr. at my 6 month bandiversary, around mid-July. At the time I had a wicked heat rash from working on my fence outside in the 30*C heat while wearing nylon shorts. I also mentioned that my back was sore which started the whole back thing. :)

He took a look at everything and said that he had had some patients that had the procedure & that he would refer me to the platic surgeon. The problem is most PS are in private practise so there are only a couple who do them for AHC so the wait is going to be long.

I got a call from the PS office end of August for my appointment in June 2008 :omg: for a consult. From there I dont know how long it will be before I see the inside of an OR.

I wanted to get going on it early since I could be 40 by the time I get one paid for publically, and I am not going to pay for one privately. I guess the upside of the screwed up back is that it may move me through the system a little faster. Guess I will have to wait & see.

My weight loss has stalled while I am not going tot he gym and I am not at the ideal level of restriction, but I think I will just hang out at 250ish for while and catch my breath. I should be at goal by the time I see the PS in June. I do have to get back on my horse though. I have been a bad boy, eating too much of the wrong things. I am really stressed out right now so that is not helping. Things will be better once I am done all my Christmas shows in early December.

Andrew