Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just revised from Sleeve to MGB

6 hours ago, rcr89 said:

Hello, thank you for your story, it does help, I am getting ready to schedule my surgery with Dr. Illan for late March, he recommends the MGB, I have been trying to find as much information out there about the procedure since it's not done that much in the states. Your story helped alot, I hope you are doing well, I would love to keep in touch if possible.

Hi

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I'm glad that found my post helpful. Please feel free to ask me any questions. Take care

How are you doing now. I am having the same issue with my fundus was not as small as it could have been and I'm regaining. How much have you loss and how do you feel as of today. I too have to pay out of pocket and was researching Dr. Illian I was excited to run into your page 😁😁😁

Edited by Miss Apple

Thank you so much for your post!! I had pretty much decided on Dr. Illan when the time comes but your insight on Dr. Ponce is giving me second thoughts on that and your experience seems very ideal! I am leaning towards MGB but keep hearing good and bad. One thing I am worried about is healthcare in the US when doctors here aren’t as familiar. Have you had any doctors refuse to see you or be at a loss for your care? I know I am going to get pregnant after WLS so I want to make sure doctors here know what’s up. Thanks again for your insight! What is your status now? Are you still happy with your decision to get MGB with Dr. Ponce?

Hello everyone

I've been MIA for awhile because I was to lazy to locate my login information. Lol! All is well though. I'm almost 2 years out and I still love my mini bypass. I currently weigh129lbs and I'm still losing weight. Here's a before/after pic. The 1st one was taken 2 days after surgery in Tijuana. My after pic was taken November 2018. I'm glad to be back. Pleae let me know if you have any questions regarding MGB

2019-01-19_15.29.09.jpg

20190119_154209.jpg

Well done! I’m just three weeks out, so I appreciate the inspiring photos and check in!

Like your pen name, remember the hardest climbs bring the sweetest victories and the summit. is a beautiful place to be!

Hi @nu horizons!

Just checking in on you. You look FANTASTIC! Congrats.

Any updates or side effects since your mgb conversion?

You had mentioned the PooPourri before. Are your bowel movements different than before? How so? (Sorry to be so blunt but these are definitely e eryday side effects that one has to know about and consider before deciding!)

I’m currently 280lbs and my sleeve no longer works and I have terrible reflux. I went to Cancun to consult with dr perez and he suggested a mgb conversion. He did mention stinky poo as a side effect but I’m. Just wondering what he meant.

Your story is inspiring.

You look awesome!!!! I have been going back and forth trying to decide. How did you eat to lose the weight did you eat more or less. I've been researching and some people are saying there is no restriction and they are struggling and some are saying eat more you will lose. What is your experience?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Most popular:

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• christa_reid

Hi I  am new here and I am going to have the gastric sleeve next month. I have to pay out of pocket so it is going quite quickly. The longer I wait the more bad stories I hear. I weigh 315 and 61 years old so I have a lot to lose. Any advice is welcome
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ProudGrammy

Georgia on my mind - off to grand-daughters high school graduation - she's smart and cute as a button, just like her grammy,☺️
      kathy
      · 2 replies
      1. SusieQ2019

Congratulations to her Proud Granny, and wishing her a bright and successful future.

2. Orchids&Dragons

Congrats to your granddaughter! Have a wonderful trip!

• *Meaghan*

Went to my initial consult with the Bariatric surgeon/ program I chose. Came home with a folder full of information & helpful organization of all the testing that needs to be completed while I complete the required nutritional counseling. She also let me know my insurance typically takes 6 weeks to reply with authorization when submitted, so that puts my potential surgery date near the new year if all stays on track  I felt comfortable with her, in our discussions she agrees that I am a good candidate for the Gastric Bypass. I appreciated the 'introduction' class that was given after the consult with the surgeon where I was given this binder of every referral (from her, not my pcp referrals), & contact information for all the testing needed to make my contacts/calls tomorrow morning even easier I start my nutrition classes on June 5th, so that's when the clock will start toward insurance approval & getting the tool to help me reach my goals
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Torie Faye

I had my Bypass Surgery on 04/25/2019 I'd weighted before surgery 308 and now 285. I get depressed because I thought it would be more. I follow all instructions from Dr.. Green walk every day work out and eating solid foods 
      · 1 reply
      1. ProudGrammy

welcome welcome - 23 lbs pre/post op is great. you are doing fine. keep up the good work. kathy

• MrsGamgee

Day 5 post-op... didn't sleep great last night, lots of gas pain and it was my first night without using the rx pain meds. I'm tired and feeling rather stupid. My nurse is supposed to call today for a check in, so I'm debating taking a nap now and risk missing her call, or forcing myself to stay awake and pray she calls soon. Also, showering should be considered a workout... just doing the basics used up all my energy. Weight is slowly working its way down. I know that I shouldn't be on the scale yet, but I couldn't resist. I'm down almost 9lb down since surgery. Yay!
      · 1 reply
      1. Emilia Danciu

You are allowed to feel tired, take naps and only do the minimum this soon after the surgery. Listen to your body and be good to yourself at this time. Most important things to care about at this time is hydration and protein. It is a full-time job to stay on top of that and prioritize your energy there for now. Just give your body the time to heal and adjust, don’t rush the recovery.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. Keto and Bariatric Surgery

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
    2. Little known facts about losing weight after bariatric surgery

Posted in: Post-Op Support
    3. Carbs After Bariatric Surgery?

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
  • Together, we have lost...