Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last post before band!

Hi all: Leaving tomorrow on the 10 hour drive to Mississauga to be banded. I'm scheduled for noon on Friday, hope all goes well without any hitches. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited or nervous, can't say I'm either, just anxious to get it over with now. The leaves are so pretty right now on Lake Superior, the drive should be very scenic. Unfortunately I don't have any support from my husband, so I'm making the trip alone, hope that goes well too. Anyhoo,.............wish me luck!

Hi Beau,

I hope you enjoy the beautiful drive to Mississauga. I'm sorry to hear that you don't have any support from your husband...that must make things very difficult. But you are embarking on a new life and that is very exciting for you.

Good luck on Friday, you will be fine!

You will do great Beau!! I kind of envy you and your drive, I love the fall in Southern Ontario it is so amazing and color rich. Not to mention the peace and quiet of the drive. I have never had problems with doing things on my own as for the most part that is how I have always had to do them. But I do have a lot of support from my family and here. So let everyone here support you in any way we can. This is just the beginning of your amazing journey kiddo!!

ps. take lots of good tunes to listen to and enjoy while driving!!

See you in Bandland -=winks=-

Hi Beau

Good luck to on your surgery for Friday, and enjoy the colours on your drive, sorry to hear your husband is not supportive, but hopefully he will come around when he sees all your weight loss.

It will be your drive home that may be the difficult part for you, how long after surgery will you start for home, i hope you are giving yourself a few days to recover.

All the best to you and we will see you on the banded side of life, when you next check in.

Maria:rose:

Wishing you the BEST. I think by now you have had your banding. I hope everything went fine. Im looking forward to read what you have to share. By the way, Im very close to Mississauga and the weather is awesome these days.:)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm back and banded, the drive wasn't too overwhelming, just sort of sat back with the cruise on and stopped a few times to walk around. The worst pain I am feeling I believe is from the hernia repair, I haven't talked with Dr. Cobourn (he did call, I missed him) I get a achy pain between my breasts and through to between my shoulder blades when I get the sensation of a burp????? The stiches pull a little when I cough or sit up from lying down but other than that I feel pretty good, no port pain or feeling like there is something foreign inside me. I'm confused as to the hernia stuff? I've never had acid reflux or heartburn, wondering why that would be deemed necessary? Is that included in the band fee's or is that an extra billing to O.H.I.P.? Another thing, I was given a sheet of paper on discharge saying that after 48 hours I can start back on the Optifast, I would not assume that to be clear Fluid? ?? Can I swallow Tylenol now without crushing? That is so gross, its been 72 hours and I think I read you can start back with pills. Anyway, haven't really eaten anything for over three days, going to fix something up now, thanks again!

Welcome to the land of the banded Beau!! It is great to have you here.

I also had pain wonderful pain between my shoulder blades, I was told,

"yes, it is gas. " Having had a hernia repair as well, there was/is a lot of healing going on. I was not having any of the normal signs of a hernia either so I was quite surprised to learn I had one and that it was now fixed!! Dr. Cobourn likes to fix them right then and there so that they do not cause problems in the future. I am from out of province and there was no extra charge for fixing it that had to be billed here or that I was charged. It was all included in the price of the surgery. So I think of it as an extra bonus! Lucky us to have this great guy fix it up. Just another reason why I really am pleased with this clinic and how they work. I am pretty sure futher down the road I would have problems with it, and I would have said something like, "I wonder why they didn't take care of it when they had me there the first time?"

As for the Optifast... when I had my surgery done last May they were starting to move things up a bit, so yes starting back on Optifast was one of the things they were wanting us to do. As well the other stages were shortened and I was eating sooner than others I had read about, much to my delight!

If you are feeling unsure, just call the clinic and they will be happy to help you. That is part of the aftercare they give!

Welcome to bandland beau.I am glad you got home safely.Yes you are going to have to walk and take gas x to help your shoulder pain.

Thanks Leslie...........I did call the clinic this morning and all my questions where quickly answered. I received my package back in August, since then there were some changes to the post op diet which Billy e-mailed me on the spot. Thanksgiving is this weekend, at least I'll be able to blend up some of the feast. We have a huge celebration at our cottage, all the cottagers get together for the final close up. I would really like to have a glass of red wine.........we'll see..........I'll probably chicken (turkey) out

Thanks Leslie...........I did call the clinic this morning and all my questions where quickly answered. I received my package back in August, since then there were some changes to the post op diet which Billy e-mailed me on the spot. Thanksgiving is this weekend, at least I'll be able to blend up some of the feast. We have a huge celebration at our cottage, all the cottagers get together for the final close up. I would really like to have a glass of red wine.........we'll see..........I'll probably chicken (turkey) out

The Optifast will be to help with the nutrition matter.

Nice to know you are doing fine. Have lots of fun this weekend :)