Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really don't want to hate my family...

I can't thank you guys enough for all of your support and nice things that you said. Believe me, I know I'm young. haha. I hear it all of the time.

Lauren, you are SPOT ON. I could not have described the feeling any better than that.

The best way I can describe how I'm feeling right now is like the fat kid that no one listens to. It's really demoralizing. I know that this feeling will pass and then I'll get on the right mental track again. It's just a matter of time. :)

Hi Never...

I wish I had gotten a grip on my weight 10 years ago! I started college at 31 and am still working on my nursing degree, I'm getting banded in 7 days at age 34 and right now I'm completely freaked out that this pre-op diet is going to get the best of me! I am reasonably sucessful professionally, but still drive my 92 honda, and I'm single in utah where 34 and single is just weird. My younger brother (who is incredibly sucessful and drives a very sexy BMW) is actually lending me the $ for my surgery! We all have things we wish we had done differently, and things that we want to accomplish and haven't yet. I know it sounds trite to say it (and I hate it when people do it to me), but focus on the things you ARE accomplishing instead of what you're not, be proud that you are taking control of your life and health at age 22 instead of letting things get worse and worse for another 10 or 20 years. Believe me, many of us wish we had been that smart/proactive at 22!!!!

Good luck!

Neveragain,

Please listen to all the great advice, your young and your whole life is in front of you.

You showed great commitment when you made the decision to loose the weight, your on the road to sucess - don't let envy take over.

I know from first hand experience that never giving up pays out in the end. I'm 54, took night courses and got my degree at 45 - got a new job and currently making in excess of six figures. It's never to late.

Both my sister and brother went to great schools and became wealthy early on, I chose a different road when younger. It just took me a little longer that's all and I never regreted it.

Hang in there and make your own way, your an individual - you will be respected for the person you are.

Waiting to be banded in Connecticut (Oct. 25) ................ car.gif

The best way I can describe how I'm feeling right now is like the fat kid that no one listens to. It's really demoralizing.

OK Never.....how about being the fat older woman that no one listens to? I have never felt more invisable than I have in the last few years. I went from walking into a room with heads turning to having conversations with people who were as present as a rock. I GET your "fat kid that no one listens to" big time! It's apparent that you're just venting and this forum is a fantastic place to do just that! I'm sure you have probably figured that out all on your own. Be patient.....your day will come. You seem to be a well adjusted, articulate man. At the ripe 'ol age of 22 even! I'll leave the "young" label out, since it's been done. Take some of that great advice given to you (the parasailing over blue waters was my personal fave!)....there were by far too many ideas to quote!! I wish you the best of luck!

PS....for all you ladies who wish you were younger because he's a hottie, go for it! My husband is 11 yrs my junior and it soooooo works!!!

weight.png

PS....for all you ladies who wish you were younger because he's a hottie, go for it! My husband is 11 yrs my junior and it soooooo works!!!

weight.png

Yep! My hubby is 6.5 years my junior. We've been married 9.5 years and are still very very happy together!!! (Mainly because he's such a wonderful man and puts up with all my crap :) )

Nothing against the age difference, I just don't think my husband would take it real well!!!

Kat

LOL.......what a party pooper!

Lauren, I agree with you 100%. I was married at just before my 22 bd and seperated 12.5 years later.

Never, I would go out with you in a heartbeat. When I was 40 I did date a guy who was 22. You know what he did for a living. Made pizza. So if your ever in Jersey.

I'm so tired of driving these crappy loud japanese cars that are for 16 year olds. I need a newer BMW.

Oh my gosh!!!!! Do you know that only 20% of the worlds population even owns a car! Its all about perspective.

Seriously book a week off and go to another country in the world, see how they live, you will feel m uch better.

"I need a newer BMW". Do you hear yourself? I really am hopeing you were just really upset when you wrote that.

Oh my gosh!!!!! Do you know that only 20% of the worlds population even owns a car! Its all about perspective.

Seriously book a week off and go to another country in the world, see how they live, you will feel m uch better.

"I need a newer BMW". Do you hear yourself? I really am hopeing you were just really upset when you wrote that.

I've been to Mexico and all around jamaica. Neither country is wealthy or even average. Make no mistake, I realize that I'm lucky for being born in this country and having the opportunity to live comfortably.

Also, though, don't get the idea that I live in my parents' house and they buy me everything. I have worked for everything I own. I live on my own and pay my own bills and have for quite a while. I work full time and go to school full time. I have very little time for myself, but that's the way I like it. I'm willing to work the extra hours to have nice things. I don't believe that people should be given things that they don't deserve.

If you or anyone else thinks it makes me a bad person because of my personal preference to work harder for the finer things, I welcome you to have your own opinion and I will hold nothing against you. I just expect the same consideration in return.

Lauren, I agree with you 100%. I was married at just before my 22 bd and seperated 12.5 years later.

Never, I would go out with you in a heartbeat. When I was 40 I did date a guy who was 22. You know what he did for a living. Made pizza. So if your ever in Jersey.

I'll keep that in mind! :)

I occasionally go out to Boston. 6 hours or so away, though.

If you or anyone else thinks it makes me a bad person because of my personal preference to work harder for the finer things, I welcome you to have your own opinion and I will hold nothing against you. I just expect the same consideration in return.

I don't think whosyadaddy was saying anything like that! Of course your not a bad person for working hard and thus affording the finer things. That makes you a responsible and mature person. What I think he's saying is, when we get so focused inwardly, and our drive to succeed is our only focus in life, we get off balance. He was just saying take a look around you, life isn't so bad from where your sitting, when you look at the big picture :)

James D. Rockerfella was once asked, how much money do you need to make to finally have enough? (paraphrased of course) His response: "One more dollar!" So if good ole, rich, Rockafella didn't feel he ever had enough, you probably won't either. I think this was what he was trying to relay....I assume this cuz he's my DH :(

Hey, you're young and have admirable goals for your life. You seem to be a caring and giving person too. What a winning combination!! I am sure you'll get it all worked out :confused: