Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd week on pre-op diet

Hello ppl Im on my 2nd week of this pre-op diet Im so glad i only have a week to go.Im nervous but excited at the same time just cant wait until it all over. Kinda scard of all side affects ppl say the have tho.Hows everyone holding up?

Today begins the 2nd week of my pre-op diet. I'm doing really well. Yeah, I'm hungry, but I keep drinking broth and I deal with it. And I can honestly say I have not cheated. I got on my friends scale over the weekend, and I don't know if it's right, but it says that I lost 10 pounds!! I pigged out the 2 weeks before my surgery, so I probably lost more than 10 pounds. I'm basing it on the amount I weighed when I met the nurse and nutritionist in the middle of August.

It really does get easier.

It is good to hear that you are doing well. Keep inspiring those of us that are following. I am day 4 and at the moment starving, but so far I am following it. I even cooked a full chicken dinner for the family on Sunday and didn't eat it. Wanted to so bad, so very very bad but I didn't. Glad to know it'll get better. Hang in there and keep us posted.

I find that drinking the broth gets me through when I'm hungry. I make a cup of broth, throw in an ice cube and drink it lukewarm. That makes me feel more bloated than if I drank it very hot.

7 days until my surgery and my emotions are all over the place i know i have got to do this for myself and my health i'm 32 and i feel alone i'm very scared and i'm so hungry on the pre-op diet but trying to stick it out.

surgery october 8, 2007 getting very nervous about it. it's like one minute i'm fine with it and i'm going to do it then i'm sort of chickening out what is the matter with me this is what i've been wanting?:help:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches