Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Keeping my surgery secret from most of my family, has anyone else

I TOO HAVE KEPT IT A SECRET FROM ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. ONLY MY HUSBAND AND MY SMALL DAUGHTER KNOW ABOUT IT. JUDGING BY THE GENERAL CONVERSATIONS I HAVE HAD ABOUT BANDING WITH MY FAMILY AND CERTAIN FRIENDS THEY WOULD BE TOO NEGATIVE ABOUT IT THEY SEEM TO FEEL IT,S THE EASY OPTION:omg: WE KNOW BETTER DON,T WE?

why is it that everyone seems to assume this is the easy way out... it really isn't you still gotta watch yur sweets and high fat foods.. and excercise or you won't lose the weight... I mean intiially we all lose weight quickly but then levels out and the wok has to start... the band is a tool not a miracle worker... u gotta work together with the band to be successful.

(:tireddont mind me it's 3:45 am in chicago and im stuck at work so the sleep deprivation maybe talking a little , i've now been up fr 19hrs :ranger:)

Oh i told onl a few people initially and well word spread-out(should of figured everyone i know likes to talk) and everyone and thier grandmther knows now... welll a select few at work dont... but basically everyody... so when someone doesn't know and i feel comfortable with them ill tell them.:bored

Now of course i got some food/weight loss police on my case (i.e. my mother) But this keeps my in line and gives me a little reminder each and every day (i.e mother again):phanvan

I started considering Lap-Band back in January 07 and wondered how I would deal with the ordeal of folks asking me about it. I do not like to fail at anything I do and even though I have a public persona (write for the local newspaper and civil crime activist in my town), I am actually rather private.

I decided very early on to just let the cat out of the bag and get folks used to it. It was a careful decision and initially there were a lot of questions and comments, but like everything else, the months have slipped by as I went through all the hoops I needed to qualify for insurance coverage - and folks basically lost interest.

I'll be off from the Chemical Plant that is my mainstay for about a month and when I return, I'll be about 25-30 pounds lighter, so there will be another round of comments, but I felt it was the best route to take.

I Too Only Told My Kids And Brother. I Waited Until The Following Summer For The Family Reunion When I Showed Up 98 Lbs Lighter. That Was Fun! I Kept My Mouth Shut For A Whole Year. My Son Cant Believe I Was Able To Do That One! I Leave For Calif On Saturday To Vist My Friends. I Have Not Told Them Anything. I Am Now 121 Lbs Lighter. That Will Be A Hoot!

Ladydi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches