Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Wow just joined and been reading your comments all morning and it has finally given me the guts to go ahead and book. So picked up the phone an hour ago and rang Europe Surgery as they seemed to be the way forward with most users on here. Spoke to a lady who went through the whole process from start to finished. Felt a bit sorry for her really as I did ask about 9 million questions and no matter what I asked she answered everything and explained in great detail. I found it great to have an English person on the other end of the line explaining everything to me and also the lady said I could contact her between 8am and 10pm which I thought was excellent. Well after going through everything I have booked in for February and am now so looking forward to changing my life. I have always been big and although I have no health problems at the moment my GP has advised me this will change in years to come. So here's to the new way and would just like to say a big thank you for all your posts as it has made a very stubborn man sort his life out for the better.

Well now got the bug so here goes the 2nd post of the day. I have now had confirmation from Europe Surgery (can stop calling her that lady now as her name is Bridget) and my surgery is all booked. I have to pay a 250 euro deposit which did surprise me a bit as some firms are charging 500 euros but not going to argue with that. The price includes 3 nights stay one night in the clinc and 2 in hotels all arranged by Europe Surgery. I am travelling on Eurostar as never done it before so a little over excited (big boys and trains). Off to book my Euro Star tickets now and will update you all later on how I got on. Not the most computer savvie man in the world but you never know until you try.

Wow just joined and been reading your comments all morning and it has finally given me the guts to go ahead and book. So picked up the phone an hour ago and rang Europe Surgery as they seemed to be the way forward with most users on here. Spoke to a lady who went through the whole process from start to finished. Felt a bit sorry for her really as I did ask about 9 million questions and no matter what I asked she answered everything and explained in great detail. I found it great to have an English person on the other end of the line explaining everything to me and also the lady said I could contact her between 8am and 10pm which I thought was excellent. Well after going through everything I have booked in for February and am now so looking forward to changing my life. I have always been big and although I have no health problems at the moment my GP has advised me this will change in years to come. So here's to the new way and would just like to say a big thank you for all your posts as it has made a very stubborn man sort his life out for the better.

Congratulations for taking the wonderful step of booking your surgery. It's definately a big decision but so worth it. So pleased i had mine. I have lost over 8 stone and feel fabulous! Dress size 10 from a 22 and very little saggy skin. Just need the top half sorting out mini project for this year if the NHS will support it.

Well done read loads, ask lots of questions and don't ever think there is a silly question

Cx

Well now got the bug so here goes the 2nd post of the day. I have now had confirmation from Europe Surgery (can stop calling her that lady now as her name is Bridget) and my surgery is all booked. I have to pay a 250 euro deposit which did surprise me a bit as some firms are charging 500 euros but not going to argue with that. The price includes 3 nights stay one night in the clinc and 2 in hotels all arranged by Europe Surgery. I am travelling on Eurostar as never done it before so a little over excited (big boys and trains). Off to book my Euro Star tickets now and will update you all later on how I got on. Not the most computer savvie man in the world but you never know until you try.

well done big d,and bridget is great she does the same offer as going direct and you have her at the end of a phone,you wont be sorry im so pleased i had mine done i feel like a new woman,what date have you picked

well done big d,and bridget is great she does the same offer as going direct and you have her at the end of a phone,you wont be sorry im so pleased i had mine done i feel like a new woman,what date have you picked

I feel like a new women too ! and also so pleased too ! well done wannable slinkly, I bet today you are really prond of yourself for losing all that weight? On new years day its a day when you often think about diets etc, This year is different because now I have the band i know its going to work where other years I promised myself to diet but it never worked! I am already down to a size 14 :) well done everyone on here and happy new year to my banded friends

I feel like a new women too ! and also so pleased too ! well done wannable slinkly, I bet today you are really prond of yourself for losing all that weight? On new years day its a day when you often think about diets etc, This year is different because now I have the band i know its going to work where other years I promised myself to diet but it never worked! I am already down to a size 14 :) well done everyone on here and happy new year to my banded friends

well done julie dosnt it feel great im so pleased im helping my husband lose weight now and my daughter taking them walking and eating healthier lol,happy new year to you all and to a new you xxxx

Happy New Year everyone.

Amazing that I have been a member of this forum for 18 months + and it's wonderful to see those that are making an active choice to change their lives so positively. Also toknowthat our journeys help them to see that the ups and downs of the band are part and parcel of what we have chosen to do. No it's not cheating and definately not a short cut. It's best to take it easy and slowly especially when you just don't know how your body is going to react.

18 months down the line and I have no regrets as I have a wonderful body and this was the tool to reveal it. I am so chuffed especially when I see friends who haven't seen me and they are so shocked by my appearance. Gosh it was bad before! Anyway, planning a litle defil for January my belated Christmas present to myself as I would like to keep hold of some solids rather than losing them. So shall contact Julie to book an appointment for the latter half of the month. Just want to be able to eat a little bit more and on a regular basis. Not worried about gaining a few pounds (wownot sure I would have said that 18months agao) just shows you the powwr of the band.

Well have a lovely New Years day. Here's to 2012 being a positive year.

Cx

Well done! Good to have some blokes on here!I booked direct with europe surgery too about a year ago. All went very well its good to have someone in the UK you can call when your worried about anything.

Chris and fredrick are brillant when you get to Brussels i felt totally relaxed in there care, you can just tell they know what they are doing. Great to here from newies on here, you will not regret having the band it really was the only way forward for me the diets where just not working. if you wnat to know anything at anypoint get in contact we all support each other on here. The first 4 days are the worst but really not that bad, its like lots of trapped wind, just be ready for it. Then really after that its plan sailing, people can barely recognize me! seriously people who i have not seem for a while walk passed me and i am like hello its Julie. Then you seethe surprise on there face when they realise its you the new slimmer u. I think its because lots of fat has come off my face. Happy new year !

Would be great if you were to make it over at the same time! I shall keep you informed of my progress. Starting on low fat diet tomorrow, don't know how extreme it ought to be....the Americans/Austrailians seem to follow a 'milk' diet for the 2 weeks prior to surgery, did any of you ladies? Or did you just stick to a low fat, reduced calorie plan? A, x

I would just stick with what chris recommends the low fat diet, I guess low fat milk would be ok but you are meant to be reducing the price of your liver by going low fat before the operation. do you know why they are drinking the milk??

<p style="margin-left: 40px;">claire your doing well having a defil i don't fill ready for that , just pleased i am keeping losing the weight!</p>

claire your doing well having a defil i don't fill ready for that , just pleased i am keeping losing the weight!

Hello

It's a case of having to as I can't eat solids without throwing up and I am fed up of this as it's been a year. I have managed off and on but probably more off some solids at odd times. Each day is different but it would be lovely to eat something without worrying that I may not be able to benefit from it nutritionally. After all we need as much nutrition as we can get.

I am 17 pounds below target so have a little to play with and am comfortable at my weight 9st 4lbs. So definately think this is the way I need to go in order to benefit from eating a little more. Will email Frederik to see what he thinks so that I have their professional opinion.

Happy New Year and stay positive and well. Happy losing

Cx

I would just stick with what chris recommends the low fat diet, I guess low fat milk would be ok but you are meant to be reducing the price of your liver by going low fat before the operation. do you know why they are drinking the milk??

pretty sure it's like a slimfast type thing? Soups and shakes?

Ive seen a lot of people on this diet, its what most clinics recomend as a pre op diet even in UK

Its just 3 pints of semi skimmed milk and 2 low fat yogurts a day plus a multi vit.

I found this link that may explain better..

http://www.dbh.nhs.u...hurt%20Diet.pdf

Hi

Not been on here for such a long time. Really pleased everyone is doing so well. I have booked an appointment for a fill in Birmingham, does anyone know the address for the Birmingham clinic.

Ive seen a lot of people on this diet, its what most clinics recomend as a pre op diet even in UK

Its just 3 pints of semi skimmed milk and 2 low fat yogurts a day plus a multi vit.

I found this link that may explain better..

http://www.dbh.nhs.u...hurt%20Diet.pdf

Thanks!