Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I know Freckles its just the way it works. Thanks for the advice re: milk thistle tablets - will get on the ball today. We are being banded Tues 2nd Nov - flying into Belgium Mon - is there anyone else going the same time??

hi rosie cheeks glad your time has come,you wont regret it hun,no you dont get weighed before op hun,but when you go into hospital remember to take a ticket for your turn to sign into reception for your hospital stay and hand Bracelet lol,freckles what do you drink,i like whisky and coke but might have to find another drink i enjoy lol:wink2:

had my second fill today he put in 2.5 so im sooo pleased i now have 5.5,i feel like i couldnt eat a thing ever again lol but im sure that will wear off,hopefully i will shift some more of this weight lol:thumbup:

Hi all I gatecrashed an NHS bariatric seminar tonight. Very interesting. He puts the port high up just under breast bone. Where are your ports?

Hi Guys

Went to see Dr Chris today and he has re-assured me that the pain I am having is purely from my exertions when out hill walking and nothing wrong with band at all

I have lost just over 7kg since last fill and he said my fat mass has reduced dramatically and my muscle mass has increased - walking must be helping

I now have 7ml in a 7ml band so hoping that will give me some real restriction now - just have to wait and see - he did said the band could go upto 8.5 ml and that any fills from now on will be little bits at a time if I need them

I am so relieved that everything is ok with band

Kerry xx

Hi Kerry, and hello to everyone on here. I had my 0.5ml fill with Chris yesterday in Edinburgh. It seems to have done the trick.Have just had some Soup and fluids since. Going to really try and work with it now. I dont post much on here but it really helps reading about everyones progress.

Hi Guys

Went to see Dr Chris today and he has re-assured me that the pain I am having is purely from my exertions when out hill walking and nothing wrong with band at all

I have lost just over 7kg since last fill and he said my fat mass has reduced dramatically and my muscle mass has increased - walking must be helping

I now have 7ml in a 7ml band so hoping that will give me some real restriction now - just have to wait and see - he did said the band could go upto 8.5 ml and that any fills from now on will be little bits at a time if I need them

Kerry xx

Great news Scooby - what a relief! Ur hard work is paying off. My band is 7-9ml - I think I have about 7.5-8ml in. I've lost count!! I had a number of unfills and fills during pregnancy and after. U will feel any future fills a lot more!

Freckles - I forgot about the milk thistle, think someone else must've bought some stronger ones. I wasn't great on the pre-op diet as we were in Bruges/Brussels for a week or so before and it would've been rude not to sample the waffles and chocolate :w00t: though I was more restrained they I would've normally been!

Slinky - hopefully ur restriction will be good and will kick ur weight loss in time for the party season :w00t:

Slinky - hopefully ur restriction will be good and will kick ur weight loss in time for the party season :w00t:

i think it will sammy at the min i dont think i could eat a thing,i could only manage half a cup of coffee and im a coffee freak,and half of an actimel,so strange lol:wink2:

Fatpants - just seen your post. That's amazing!!! Well done you x

Did you have any points where you could eat quite a lot even thoguh ur band had quite a lot in or were you lucky?

Dear Sammy77,

Yes, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason as to how much you can eat and the fullness of the band, but I have learnt the hard way, by over doing it and not being carefull and have ended up with an emergency de-fill on the NHS and they take everything out so it's an expensive indulgence!

Fatpants

Hi Guys

Kerry xx

Hi Kerry

Glad everything is ok with your port, I must admit mine is sometimess very obvious, well to me it is, and also can feel quite tender there. Other times it seems really far in and I can prod and poke to find it. Weird huh.

Lets hope this is the one to really get things moving for you.

Keep us posted on how you find it for the next few weeks. Still got 4 weeks til my 4th fill which will take me to 7ml as well I think, need to find my card.

Take care

C x

that 2nd fill i had was fantastic,can really feel restriction,cant eat till around 1ish and then its a struggle,but i think it's me aswell i feel scared to eat incase it gets stuck lol,but at least my weight is gradually moving yay:tongue_smilie:

Hi all I gatecrashed an NHS bariatric seminar tonight. Very interesting. He puts the port high up just under breast bone. Where are your ports?

Who's he? Chris De B? Mine is just to right of belly button (if looking at me!) x

Yeh mines just above my belly button, on my left, but I wasnt banded by Dr Chris.

My eldest daughters port is in between her boobs, she was banded through the hospital group, cant remember her surgeons name.

There are plusses and minus's though, because where hers doesnt seem to move, it protrudes, and as she's lost weight it sticks out even more. Lucky she's got a good bust to hide it lol.

Yay I have officially lost 4 stone as of today, the weight seems to be coming off these last few weeks, but the husband says I eat less than my 14 month old grandaughter.

The good thing is, I'm never starving.

Yeh mines just above my belly button, on my left, but I wasnt banded by Dr Chris.

My eldest daughters port is in between her boobs, she was banded through the hospital group, cant remember her surgeons name.

There are plusses and minus's though, because where hers doesnt seem to move, it protrudes, and as she's lost weight it sticks out even more. Lucky she's got a good bust to hide it lol.

Yay I have officially lost 4 stone as of today, the weight seems to be coming off these last few weeks, but the husband says I eat less than my 14 month old grandaughter.

The good thing is, I'm never starving.

ya flying freckles you will be at goal by your target time easily,when do you and your daughter head

:)