Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Kerry

The night b4 i left Belgium I spoke with Fredrick he told me the mistake many of us make is taking the easy opition which dont always give us the right nutriants.

Once able to eat lean mince and veg soft fruit very soft Pasta.

Im sure its easier said than done but i've promised myself to be organised so i eat the right foods.

My daughter said when i cook the food i need to eat cook more and freeze some so 4 thedays when i dont feel like cooking its there

hope this helps x

Well I am here at the hotel. Am going to try and take pictures and film as much as possible and upload it to youtube.

Getting picked up tomorrow morning at 6.45 to go hosp.

I have been feeling really nervous all week, but as soon as I got on the plane, i realised I was more scared of flying on my own than I was of the op. I am as cool as a cuecumber now lol.

I will try and post tomorrow or thurs.

xx

Im sure its easier said than done but i've promised myself to be organised so i eat the right foods.

... when i cook the food i need to eat cook more and freeze some so 4 thedays when i dont feel like cooking its there

hope this helps x

Good piece of advice. I have been boxing up left overs so that I can food process them down into nutritious thin and thick Soups for the different stages.

Interesting that you can have soft Pasta when Dr Chris said no in the group chat. I suppose if it is really soft and cut up small it shouldn't be a problem or am I being naive??

I have been feeling really nervous all week, but as soon as I got on the plane, i realised I was more scared of flying on my own than I was of the op. I am as cool as a cuecumber now lol.

xx

Good luck you will be abolutely fine. Welcome to a new you.

Well I am here at the hotel. Am going to try and take pictures and film as much as possible and upload it to youtube.

Getting picked up tomorrow morning at 6.45 to go hosp.

I will try and post tomorrow or thurs.

xx

good luck nat,when you get to hos they norm give you a time for op i asked for a pre med before surgery just to take nerves away but i was fine,they dont offer it so you have to ask good luck hun:wink2:

Well, I'm so glad its all over for you Slinky, Cher and all you other girlies and guys.

Well done, you wont be sorry.

I just wanted to mention, that the low fat diet is not so you'll lose weight, its to shrink your liver. If your liver is enlarged it would get in the way of putting the band in. Dont be scared cos I drink alcohol every night, a few at least and my liver was fine.

Also dont worry about the length of the seat belts on the flights, as I said before they have to carry extensions for mothers with babies, who sit on their knees, I wouldnt have known this but my daughter was cabin crew for Virgin Atlantic and she told me loads of things that I wouldnt have known otherwise.

My last fill didnt seem to be working that good, had only lost 2lbs in 2 weeks, but last weekend I was busy making the christening cake and food for my grandaughters christening, going to the hairdressers etc, plus we went to a wedding on the saturday night, that I didnt have time to eat and my nerves were shot too. Hoping that the cake was up to my daughter's expectations.

I could hardly eat or drink over that weekend and I have lost a few pounds.

I forgot that this is what happens if you dont eat, the band tightens itself.

And there was me contemplating yet another fill, which now I dont have to do.

Freckles me darling, a word from the wise if you would be so kind. I have 8ml in my band now and I feel that when I have my main meal after work each day that within the first 3 mouthfulls I feel like I'm stuck, and it sometimes gives me such a long timeout before I resume normal eating mode. Is this possibly a sign that my restriction is just about there?

I am booked for FRIDAY 13/08!, Spooky huh for my 4th fill, what's the chances I will get to the ole sweet spot do ya think?:blushing:

I do hope some of my dear friends are comng to Manchester on Friday 13th with me, I would hate to be the only one who turns up just because of the day & date combo???

Hope youre all doing ok bandsters.

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Gosh this thread moves fast - I can't keep up!

Well after another night sleeping propped up on the sofa I decided to get a defill. Luckily I managed to gewt one in Cardiff on Monday. I had 0.5ml out - so basically the last 2 fills. Monday night was bliss - a proper nights sleep! I did get a bit of reflux last night but nowhere near as bad. I did forget to take my tablet though so hopefully tonight will be better.

I still seem to have restriction but not great. I'm really gonna have to work at it. I really want to lose at least another 2 stone and would really like to lose 4 stone so still a long way to go..........................grrr :blushing:

To everyone being banded soon - you'll be fine. It's the start of the new you!

Hi Sammy,

I have not been on for some time and thought I should really get on here for some advice. I am suffering with night time reflux, waking up coughing and choking nearly every night now, ending up on the sofa so as not to wake hubby. I guessed if I contacted Chris or Frederick for advice then they would recommend a defill and that is what I am frightened of. Is the defill a permanent thing or will you be able to get back up to where you were in time? I dont get it every night, but about 80% of the time. Can you explain more about what they advised, many thanks.

Hi Sammy,

I have not been on for some time and thought I should really get on here for some advice. I am suffering with night time reflux, waking up coughing and choking nearly every night now, ending up on the sofa so as not to wake hubby. I guessed if I contacted Chris or Frederick for advice then they would recommend a defill and that is what I am frightened of. Is the defill a permanent thing or will you be able to get back up to where you were in time? I dont get it every night, but about 80% of the time. Can you explain more about what they advised, many thanks.

poor you mia,i've heard that's horrod to have if i was you i would get a small defill,how much have you lost up to now cause your tickers is showing 15lb lol,sher anita the girl we were talking to from dublin ate toast the other day how crazy is she lol,there is no way i would chance it lol:thumbup:

Sher, I'm not even sure how i did the ticker. Isnt it self-explanatory when you get on the site?

I'll have to log out here and find a link for it... to explain.

Will have a look asap

BB eating Pasta is in ECFS guidlines given by Dr Chris the most important thing is any food eaten should not swell in your stomach after.

Fredrick advised 2 B careful re; Cereal and he gave the example of cornflakes swelling after milk has been put on them. :blushing:

Slinky i cant believe it - I 2 am just 2 scared to do anything that would damage the band or make me feel ill. Mad!

Freckles thank u but i eventually worked it out.

Hi anyone else on here just had there operation cancelled by you know who one day before there opp, if so join the club.

Not sure if I have just been robbed of £3800.

Edited by Fullfat

Oh no FF, I hope thats not the case, you must be devastated, all the build up only to let you down, I think that is inexcusable. I'm so sorry, but I sincerely hope you havent lost your money....why would you? They cant justify taking so much cash from you and not coming up with the goods.

Freckles thank u but i eventually worked it out.

Thank gawd for that I was trying for ages and couldnt work it out, clever girl!!! I dont know how I did it to start with.

Hi Kerry, I can relate to what you are going through as been in the same situation. You have 2 options really. I used to make my own smoothie with good fruit like blueberries, strawberries etc yoghurt and honey. I blended ice in as if it was cold it went down in time taking lots of small sips.People say Hot Drinks help, but I have always found ice cold drinks better. You can get chewable multi vits,ie Bassatts,they are like fruit gums. I make my own Soup again with lots of veg in and blend it,or the fresh Soups in the carton are good. dinner could be fish in sauce, or mince with gravy. When you are tight like this you need time to get your food down. I was tight like this for about a year, and sometimes couldnt be bothered struggling and ate things like battered fish from the chippie, that always went down if I was desperate. problem is chocolate and high fat things can become your staple diet. I always lost weight although slowly. I was very weak when I was like this and your other option is to have a small defill of 0.5 mls if you are not getting any better. I had 6.5 mls in at my tightest and currently have 5.5mls reasonably good restriction but another 0.5 mls would be better. I like fruit and veg and if my band is too tight, I cant eat these and I feel like crap. I hope this helps, Catlin X

Hope radley not had the same problem as I have had today, I am used to dealing With this level off stress but for some it would be completly devastating.

The whole situation is bizare the surgeon has been paid and the hotel, just the hospital has not, they claim they are in the middle of a take over by another company and that's why the payment was not made, to be honest I have heard it all before so I am not holding my breath, glad I paid with my credit card they tell me I am covered and will open a dispute.

Perhaps all I have been told is true, but the let down before I took over the situation was imense, I suffer high blood pressure and needed to find a quite room for a bit before I ruined someones day at work.

Well off to brussells hope Fredrick ready for a chat on what this company is doing to DR CHris reputation, after all they are representing him.

And it will reflect poorly on him if he choses to continue this relationship with a company that plays with patient care in this way.

See you all later.

The whole situation is bizare the surgeon has been paid and the hotel, just the hospital has not, they claim they are in the middle of a take over by another company and that's why the payment was not made, ......glad I paid with my credit card they tell me I am covered and will open a dispute.

Perhaps all I have been told is true, but the let down before I took over the situation was imense

... off to brussells hope Fredrick ready for a chat on what this company is doing to DR CHris reputation, after all they are representing him.

And it will reflect poorly on him if he choses to continue this relationship with a company that plays with patient care in this way.

There are a fair few on here that have had similar experiences - do you not think it is time for action ladies and gents so that the excellent reputation of Dr Chris is not being jeopardised. I'm sure that there will be some more comments by other members.

Good luck and hope it goes well. Frederik is very understanding and aware of the shortcomings of the agent.

Take care and focus on you.

Edited by MummiesBB