Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi what dates are you going happyflower and jane :thumbup:

i think the first week in august , we could not go when you are going, so we picked the friday then. its already full your week.maybe they have goy busy because of vanessa. i think she has been wise telling everyone what she is up too. when fern had hers done it all came out once she had lost most of the weight and caused a big scandle.Which is not really fair,because loads of people don't tell everyone. to be honest my real name not jane its awful really but i don't wnat anyone knowing i am doing this its just a big secret, but at least i can talk to you guys on here. there are lots of a bit bitchy girls in the office i work in and really i don't want to tell them anything...its no ones bussiness but mine and my partners:wink2:

i think the first week in august , we could not go when you are going, so we picked the friday then. its already full your week.maybe they have goy busy because of vanessa. i think she has been wise telling everyone what she is up too. when fern had hers done it all came out once she had lost most of the weight and caused a big scandle.Which is not really fair,because loads of people don't tell everyone. to be honest my real name not jane its awful really but i don't wnat anyone knowing i am doing this its just a big secret, but at least i can talk to you guys on here. there are lots of a bit bitchy girls in the office i work in and really i don't want to tell them anything...its no ones bussiness but mine and my partners:wink2:

that's the best way to be jane! lol,all my in-law's have been telling me all what can go wrong and trying to put me off,and telling me im mad in the head and to just diet,but ive had enough off diets THEY DONT BLOODY WORK you lose your weigh feel great then it all comes back on,so i dont care what they say im going and that#s it lol good luck girls:lol:

I am quite happy for people on here to know who I am however I have held my toungue quite a lot over the last month when I enuired about dates at the end of July/beg of August. There were only two weeks available of lots of dates so just picked the last Friday in July as I knew someone would be able to look after the children.

I have thought about how some people would react and how they would judge me if I told them. Only my mum, husband Mark and now my oldest know I am having it done. My oldest overheard a conversation nwith her tennis coach about my dad dropping her off for the Thursday and Friday and asked why. I'm not in the habit of lying to my children so explained. She was very upset as we do everything together. It's heartbresaking to see her so upset. However, and sme of you may think me hard and harsh. I am doing this for me so that I can avoid the terrible illness that my family are plagued with (I know no gurantees but I can at least try) also I am doing it for the children as I want to play football with them and other things that I always say no to.

As for is it anyone's business then I think not this is a journey and many of us embark on it as the final leg because we have tried so many times before, succeeded but slowly our bodies and our brains have reverted back. At some point those around us may be faced with the same challenges and perhaps then you may feel comfortable enough to empower them to follow the same path.

There are people who I can't wait to bump into 6-8 months down the line and who I hope will be very surprised at what this can achieve with a lot of hard work. I was so fed up of being told that I wasn't the right image for this and that!

So looking forward to going over on the 29th July, op on 30th July and coming home on the 1st Aug. Bring it on ...:thumbup:

I am quite happy for people on here to know who I am however I have held my toungue quite a lot over the last month when I enuired about dates at the end of July/beg of August. There were only two weeks available of lots of dates so just picked the last Friday in July as I knew someone would be able to look after the children.

I have thought about how some people would react and how they would judge me if I told them. Only my mum, husband Mark and now my oldest know I am having it done. My oldest overheard a conversation nwith her tennis coach about my dad dropping her off for the Thursday and Friday and asked why. I'm not in the habit of lying to my children so explained. She was very upset as we do everything together. It's heartbresaking to see her so upset. However, and sme of you may think me hard and harsh. I am doing this for me so that I can avoid the terrible illness that my family are plagued with (I know no gurantees but I can at least try) also I am doing it for the children as I want to play football with them and other things that I always say no to.

As for is it anyone's business then I think not this is a journey and many of us embark on it as the final leg because we have tried so many times before, succeeded but slowly our bodies and our brains have reverted back. At some point those around us may be faced with the same challenges and perhaps then you may feel comfortable enough to empower them to follow the same path.

There are people who I can't wait to bump into 6-8 months down the line and who I hope will be very surprised at what this can achieve with a lot of hard work. I was so fed up of being told that I wasn't the right image for this and that!

So looking forward to going over on the 29th July, op on 30th July and coming home on the 1st Aug. Bring it on ...:thumbup:

bb i agree with you it's not harsh to do somthing for yourself which in turn will only help and benefit your children and your family life,that's how i feel to im doing this for myself first then my family as i know it will have a knock on affect to all aspects of my life,i think you only live once and to me my weight is a dissability, it stops me doing so many things and living my life to it's full potential.i think if something affect's you that much then it's only fair if you can do somthing about it then you should lol.Roll on the 27th yay:cool2:

BB/Slinky, its very hard to tell people. so far only my partner eldest daughter and a very close friend know.

I.ve even heard my siister talkin about how its cheat, but I think why should you suffer i there help out there.

Im being banded on 27 july and wanted to know from those that have had it done where does the port sit can yousee it or feel it.

What can you eat following op and you drink as normal what about alcohol

I know loads of quest:tt1:

ANY IDEA'S

I am planning to take 2 weeks off work and dont want to tell manager why I wont be at work what can I say:cool:

BB/Slinky, its very hard to tell people. so far only my partner eldest daughter and a very close friend know.

I.ve even heard my siister talkin about how its cheat, but I think why should you suffer i there help out there.

Im being banded on 27 july and wanted to know from those that have had it done where does the port sit can yousee it or feel it.

What can you eat following op and you drink as normal what about alcohol

I know loads of quest:tt1:

hi hun the port is on the left hand side just below your ribs,you cant see it but sometime you can feel it.you drink fluids after op,cup a Soup etc not sure bout alcohol,have you paid your deposit not long now hun:thumbup:

Hi Slinky

I'm about to book travel going via eurostar. We will leave on 29th

Hi Slinky

I'm about to book travel going via eurostar. We will leave on 29th

you arriving on 26th and leaving on 29th,im getting nervous now im leaving 15th for my holls so have to take my hospital bag with me i hate being organised lol

Hi All

I am going to Belgium to be banded by Dr Chris on the 11th August.

I have a few questions and was hoping you guys might be able to answer some of them for me.

Here we go:

When am I likely to hear back from Freddy about which hotel we are staying in, how to get there, what to do when we get there etc?

I am booked to travel by Eurostar, did anyone else travel this way? Will the taxi collect us from the station? (I have booked the package directly with Freddy.)

Did anyone take out an insurance policy to cover costs should there be any problems afterwards? i.e with the band slipping or anything else that could need a re-operation.

I sleep on my tummy; once the tenderness of the operation has gone, will I feel the port or anything when laying on my stomach? Are you aware of something being inside your stomach or do you become oblivious to it?

I read that you have to inject yourself afterwards. How long is that for and why do you need to do it?

Do you sleep on a ward in the hospital? I am worrying about the night in the hospital because I know I will be thinking about my children and stuff and will probably end up being a weeping woosy!

How soon after can you get up and walk about? Do you get up to use the toilet etc.

How soon after the operation can you drive?

How long after the operation do you get all this excess gas for? I have images of me going back to work and...well...basically farting away at my desk!!! :)

Phew!!! That was more than a few!

Thanks in advance everyone.

cherrypie

All question we want the answers to, cant answer right now but hope to tell you more after 26 when Ill be banded

Hi All

I am going to Belgium to be banded by Dr Chris on the 11th August.

I have a few questions and was hoping you guys might be able to answer some of them for me.

Here we go:

When am I likely to hear back from Freddy about which hotel we are staying in, how to get there, what to do when we get there etc?

I am booked to travel by Eurostar, did anyone else travel this way? Will the taxi collect us from the station? (I have booked the package directly with Freddy.)

Did anyone take out an insurance policy to cover costs should there be any problems afterwards? i.e with the band slipping or anything else that could need a re-operation.

I sleep on my tummy; once the tenderness of the operation has gone, will I feel the port or anything when laying on my stomach? Are you aware of something being inside your stomach or do you become oblivious to it?

I read that you have to inject yourself afterwards. How long is that for and why do you need to do it?

Do you sleep on a ward in the hospital? I am worrying about the night in the hospital because I know I will be thinking about my children and stuff and will probably end up being a weeping woosy!

How soon after can you get up and walk about? Do you get up to use the toilet etc.

How soon after the operation can you drive?

How long after the operation do you get all this excess gas for? I have images of me going back to work and...well...basically farting away at my desk!!! :thumbup:

Phew!!! That was more than a few!

Thanks in advance everyone.

hi i will try and answer some for you,first you will be staying in the hotel campanaile if that's how it spelt,when you get of eurostar u can get another train to vilvoorde which is 10min away or they might send a taxi for you im sure freddy will let you know when he ans you eventually,you arrive at hotel night before op and freddy come to meet you there and discuss op with you,i dont think there is an insurance you can take out,i think you inject yourself for 5 days it's just injection to thin your blood,you sleep in 3 bed wards in hospital,after op you will prob sleep most of the day,next morning they get you up and about,and make you eat somthing,you have a xray to check all is ok then you get sent back to hotel for another night rest,they check on you in hotel then release you.Getting up and about depends on the person,some peep are fine the next day some arn't,they say it feel's like youve done a thousand sit up's lol,i think u should be ok to drive a couple of days later and as for gas it also depends you can have wind pains for up to a month later that's all i know hun:wink2:

cherrypie

All question we want the answers to, cant answer right now but hope to tell you more after 26 when Ill be banded

where has everyone gone it's like a ghost page,come on we need all the talk and gossip for extra cougage lol,sher have you sorted your deposit yet hun and have you got ya stuff in your taking:smile2:

Hi,

Everone I am new to the forum and just wanted to let you all know I am having my band fitted on aug 6th.

I am booked in with dr bruyne and to be honest I am feeling WORRIED.

aLl the usual stuff risks etc, and also feel selfish to be putting my self at risk with two young kids and a family to support.

Was wondering if there were many other men on here who have had the band done.?

Thanks guys for your replies.

The excitement and slight nerves are kicking in now....but at the same time, it's all still surreal :confused: