Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all

JUst thot i would post this as being vert tight restricted for some time now and the constant battle with what the hell am i going to eat today, i managed to eat out on saturday at wagamama, the japanese place i think and they do a yatsui curry which is breaded sweet potato, aubergine and butternut squash with sticky rice and a nice curry sauce, well for a change i was able to eat 50% of the portion and my god it felt so satisfying to be able to eat something that seemed wholesome.

Incase anyone is on the same boat as me then give it a go, good to be able to eat food again hahahaha.

g

Afternoon all

I am now 11 days post op and the weight is flying off! I am delighted but getting on the scales everyday which I know I need to stop, and I know the loss will slow down, but it feels great and makes all the pain and discomfort worth it.

My wounds are healing nicely, still tender but I can now sleep on my side again which is great. Not yet tried driving as left hand side (port) is still quite painful and makes me feel queasy if knocked or touched.

Having the blue stitch removed on Thursday by nurse but can't get in to see my doc and tell her I have had this done & give her the letter from Dr. Chris till next Thursday. The weight loss should be excellent by then so hopefully that will please her!

Doing quite well just with the liquids but have tried pureed Beans and sausage this morning which were yum, although because of the liquid diet I just wondered, and I hope people don't mind discussing, I have had the runs pretty much non stop since I was at the hospital. The first few days after I got home I thought it was still the affect of the barium xray and all the drugs and aneasthetic etc, but I'm now going all the time. Is this normal?

Hubby got me a bottle of cod liver oil with Multi Vitamins and orange Syrup which I thought may be the cause, but I have left this out the last 2 days and still suffered. Ideally I would like to stay on liquids and purees for the rest of the month to really help the weight loss but if it is all going straight through I'm worried I might not be getting enough nutrition?

Thanks

C x (Also my hands and feet are freezing cold all the time, again since the op, maybe because I am losing my padding!)

Edited by FattyPatty
Typo's!

Afternoon all

I am now 11 days post op and the weight is flying off! I am delighted but getting on the scales everyday which I know I need to stop, and I know the loss will slow down, but it feels great and makes all the pain and discomfort worth it.

My wounds are healing nicely, still tender but I can now sleep on my side again which is great. Not yet tried driving as left hand side (port) is still quite painful and makes me feel queasy if knocked or touched.

Having the blue stitch removed on Thursday by nurse but can't get in to see my doc and tell her I have had this done & give her the letter from Dr. Chris till next Thursday. The weight loss should be excellent by then so hopefully that will please her!

Doing quite well just with the liquids but have tried pureed Beans and sausage this morning which were yum, although because of the liquid diet I just wondered, and I hope people don't mind discussing, I have had the runs pretty much non stop since I was at the hospital. The first few days after I got home I thought it was still the affect of the barium xray and all the drugs and aneasthetic etc, but I'm now going all the time. Is this normal?

Hubby got me a bottle of cod liver oil with Multi Vitamins and orange Syrup which I thought may be the cause, but I have left this out the last 2 days and still suffered. Ideally I would like to stay on liquids and purees for the rest of the month to really help the weight loss but if it is all going straight through I'm worried I might not be getting enough nutrition?

Thanks

C x (Also my hands and feet are freezing cold all the time, again since the op, maybe because I am losing my padding!)

Hi FP

Glad to hear you are doing so well - you must be delighted with your weight loss.

I am now almost 4 weeks post op and find I am able to eat pretty much anything now as long as I chew it properly but have been trying to be careful with portions etc.

I have only weighed myself once and that was 2 weeks ago and I had lost almost a stone at that point - trying to avoid falling into the trap of jumping on/off scales all the time as scared by doing so I will fall into old traps - no weight loss - comfort eat .........

I am the complete opposite as you and have bad Constipation - even after the barium meal..... think I need a rocket to get me going lol - I have noticed that I have horrendous wind though - I get in bed at night and almost blow the covers off - much to brians dismay lol

I am cold all the time too and I have always been quite hot blooded - think it must be the reduction in food etc - body only heating the important bits and trying to save energy

Like you I have over 100 lbs to lose and glad I had it done but will feel better once I reach restriction and the band starts to do what its supposed too - cos at the moment it is all down to me..

Best Wishes

Kerry

Hi all

JUst thot i would post this as being vert tight restricted for some time now and the constant battle with what the hell am i going to eat today, i managed to eat out on saturday at wagamama, the japanese place i think and they do a yatsui curry which is breaded sweet potato, aubergine and butternut squash with sticky rice and a nice curry sauce, well for a change i was able to eat 50% of the portion and my god it felt so satisfying to be able to eat something that seemed wholesome.

Incase anyone is on the same boat as me then give it a go, good to be able to eat food again hahahaha.

g

Hi Garry

Glad your doing well - got a wee question for you.

I was banded on 12th March and have lost approx 14 lbs so far however am now able to eat anything as long as I take my time - is that normal??

At what point did your weight loss really take off - I am worrying I have wasted my money.

Booked 1st fill for 22nd April and hoping to get some restriction at this point

Thanks

Kerry

Hi FP

Glad to hear you are doing so well - you must be delighted with your weight loss.

I am now almost 4 weeks post op and find I am able to eat pretty much anything now as long as I chew it properly but have been trying to be careful with portions etc.

I have only weighed myself once and that was 2 weeks ago and I had lost almost a stone at that point - trying to avoid falling into the trap of jumping on/off scales all the time as scared by doing so I will fall into old traps - no weight loss - comfort eat .........

I am the complete opposite as you and have bad Constipation - even after the barium meal..... think I need a rocket to get me going lol - I have noticed that I have horrendous wind though - I get in bed at night and almost blow the covers off - much to brians dismay lol

I am cold all the time too and I have always been quite hot blooded - think it must be the reduction in food etc - body only heating the important bits and trying to save energy

Like you I have over 100 lbs to lose and glad I had it done but will feel better once I reach restriction and the band starts to do what its supposed too - cos at the moment it is all down to me..

Best Wishes

Kerry

Hi Kerry, your reply did make me laugh, unfortunately with my tummy as it is, its not safe for me to pass wind, as I found out much to hubbies dismay on Saturday morning when I had to turf him out of bed to strip the sheets! flippin annoying tho as can't stray too far in case I get the urge to go.

Also still belching like a good un, non stop. Thought that might have passed by now and will be interesting when I'm back in work tomorrow. Got to lie and make out I have a bad back as still not standing fully straight, moving too quick or able to bend down!

I have my first fill on the 22nd too, in London, and I too am intrigued to see the difference it makes as I am pretty sure I have hunger pangs alot and not just gas pains.

I'm sure that your weight loss will pick up soon hun.

Chrissie x

Hi Everyone, its been ages since Ive been on here.

Hope all are doing well on the weight loss journey....

Has for me Ive come to a stand still the weight just aint moving It seems its levelled off... Really need to get a fill as Ive had no restrictriction for the last few months now... i'm surprised I aint really put on has Ive been eating virtually what I like...:thumbdown:

CW.

Hi All

this is a question for everyone really y does it say if u smoke u should try and stop or cut right down before the op ??? cause dunno how i;ll manage to diet and worry about the op without my ciggie lol, although i do plan to give up once i know i cant put on weight lol, first day of pre op diet today and all i can think about is food it's drivin me nuts, anyone else being banded on 20th april???

Juliex

hi hulie,

i know exactly how you feel. i am stopping smoking tomorrow just to give myself a chance pre op but its going to be a bummer. i am being banded on the 28th of april so just after you. we can comfort each other in the run up to it though:lol:

thank f**k for this forum. its a life saver

geri

I have taken 1ml out of my band to try and help with morning sickness...i had a bowl of risotto and 3 chocolate digestives for tea. Oh my god i had forgotton what good old fashioned feeling full was like. I thought that i would be able to eat more but clearly still have restriction. I def need to go back to the wait 20 mins before eating anything else rule. I am so full i feel sick!!!

I have taken 1ml out of my band to try and help with morning sickness...i had a bowl of risotto and 3 chocolate digestives for tea. Oh my god i had forgotton what good old fashioned feeling full was like. I thought that i would be able to eat more but clearly still have restriction. I def need to go back to the wait 20 mins before eating anything else rule. I am so full i feel sick!!!

Hi Carriejess - try some ginger tea with a ginger biscuit in the morning - worked for me every time

Do you do your own fills - oh my god how did you learn how to do that

The sicky feeling eases by about 13 weeks - then the next thing will start - only kidding - hope everything goes well

Kerry

Hi Garry

Glad your doing well - got a wee question for you.

I was banded on 12th March and have lost approx 14 lbs so far however am now able to eat anything as long as I take my time - is that normal??

At what point did your weight loss really take off - I am worrying I have wasted my money.

Booked 1st fill for 22nd April and hoping to get some restriction at this point

Thanks

Kerry

Kerry

Please do not think that its way to early, i was banded last feb and took till aug/sep for it to work, ok i had some issues, but you need to be patient. you aint wasted your money trust me.

gx

Well done Scooby and Fattypatty on your weight losses just been reading your post and i'm really looking forward to some of the side effects they sound fun... NOT lol. You will be both recieving your 1st fills on the day i turn the big 40 so im sure the day will be a lot less scary for the two of you as it will be for me lol :thumbdown:

Love reading everyones post they give me reasurance every day that im making the right choice.

Thanks to all x

Sussie

hi hulie,

i know exactly how you feel. i am stopping smoking tomorrow just to give myself a chance pre op but its going to be a bummer. i am being banded on the 28th of april so just after you. we can comfort each other in the run up to it though:lol:

thank f**k for this forum. its a life saver

geri

hi geri

yeah i know lol well wait til ur pre op diet as well not eating and not smoking is a double whammy im strugglin with the diet so i cant give up smokin just yet but am trying to cut down:frown: and hope once im banded i can try giving up i'll need the cash to pay for fills lmao, anyway i nearly ready but still keep having the odd doubt pop into my head and tryiing to remember what everyone has advised me to take seem to have gone brain dead, but think i ve remembered everything but if anyone can think of anything let me know lol, dont think anyone else is going the same time as me but ill take the laptop and if im up to it let everyone know how it went dont think i would have gone ahead without the guys on here supports been amazin

Julie x

Well done Scooby and Fattypatty on your weight losses just been reading your post and i'm really looking forward to some of the side effects they sound fun... NOT lol. You will be both recieving your 1st fills on the day i turn the big 40 so im sure the day will be a lot less scary for the two of you as it will be for me lol :thumbdown:

Love reading everyones post they give me reasurance every day that im making the right choice.

Thanks to all x

Sussie

You are defo making the right decision, hundreds on here can vouch for that!

I had major wobbles but I am so glad I found this forum literally 3 weeks before I booked my op as I don't think I would have coped half as well or been half as prepared as I was thanks to reading all the info and hints & tips everyone had posted, it has been a godsend!

Also the fact that I have not told that many people that I have had this done means that I can come on here and ask any question or share how I am feeling and know that I will get guidance and reassurance is quite a comfort.

Best of luck to you and anyone else about to be banded x

Edited by FattyPatty
missed a bit!

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are doing well on the weight loss journey....

Well done for the new banders and for the ones will do it soon.Cant wait to my turn..I still with problem with hubby for accept the surgery the only reason i didnt have a day yet.looking for someone go to Belgium with me because hubby dont want to go.

One question,someone know the name of Vitamins good for hair and nails??? I want to start take that before the surgery for in case i will loose some hair(some people have that problem )and i want to be preper for that in case will happen with me..So some tips about that???

Take care all of you and thank you very much for posts in here.Here is the place i get all the suport i dont have at home.

Thanks guys....

Evening all,

Was my first day back at work today and my boss took me off for a chat as soon as I got in, (he knows what I have had done), and he say's "ooh you've lost weight on your shoulders"!

Of all the places to notice, but yes in a way I have got a weight off my shoulders in that I am well on my way to changing my life forever, as I'll be losing a lot of weight which will hopefully improve the fertility situation and result in me becoming a mummy.

I haven't felt this positive about that prospect for years, and I haven't cried or been depressed about it since my op date was confirmed, and I pretty much had been daily for the last 3 months. Even Hubby has commented on the change in me despite all the pain of last week.

I sooooooooooooo made the right decision to have this band and can't wait for the months ahead :thumbdown: x