Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Carriejess and Chapamar,

I am sorry to say that will put me off the surgery in one hit. I do not do needles, so much so that when I have surgeries (unfortunately I have had over 40 op on my legs) they have to give me gas as I don't do needles.... help....

JB

HI JB

I had a few ops and was in hosp for 3 weeks. I was give the same injections (blood clotting) in the hospital but in the end I asked if I could stop and the Consultant said I could only stop if I took plenty of exercise (which conisted of walking up and down the ward every half hour during the day). I know Dr Chris has said that we must take the injections but if you double check with your own GP I'm sure if you took a bit of exercise you might be able to avoid them. Please DO NOT take my word on this double check with a GP or Nurse.

Hope this helps.

Debs

HI JB

I had a few ops and was in hosp for 3 weeks. I was give the same injections (blood clotting) in the hospital but in the end I asked if I could stop and the Consultant said I could only stop if I took plenty of exercise (which conisted of walking up and down the ward every half hour during the day). I know Dr Chris has said that we must take the injections but if you double check with your own GP I'm sure if you took a bit of exercise you might be able to avoid them. Please DO NOT take my word on this double check with a GP or Nurse.

Hope this helps.

Debs

Hi Debs,

Thanks a million for the info, will check with GP and see as it will be very difficult to get done otherwise. Even if their nurse will do it would be helpful.

I hope all gets better for you soon.

JB

Hi Please dont worry I am a needle phobic and this was my worst fear, but I am on day 5 tomorrow with no problems and no pain, stick them in my fattest bit!! lol.... Homecare coughs getting better but now come out in an allergic reaction to the Patches covering my scars..... Hey ho onward and upward to day 10!! ha ha

Hi Oliver dog your not going to believe this but P has came out with an allergic reaction to her patches as well. She is considering taking leaving them off all together as they are very red all round the patches. She says to say Hi and hopes your doing well as you had to go back to work so early. Jx

Hi Debs I was exactly like u I got really hungry day 4/5 post op, I had to wait 7 weeks after op as when I phoned WLS they said after 3wks I wouldn't be healed adequately. Be chuffed with urself for loosing the 12lbs.

Oliverdog I also had reaction to plasters (which I have never had before) I started to blister night of op, didn't really pay much attention to out it until nurse took dressing of next day and said 'oh,oh' I had several blisters by the time I got home so took them all off about day 3. With no further probs.

Carriejess ur new pic is lovely !!

Hi Oliverdog,

Thanks for the encouragement, however, I still cannot see myself doing the injections!! I have asked a friend if she will but she just said NO!! So not sure where to go with this - Ideas anyone?????

I hope you get over the coughs and the scars heal so you can get rid of the Patches. Good luck.

JB

Have you contacted the practise nurse at your gp,s surgery, she might be able to do them for you or a local pharmacy might be able to help. Good luck.

Have

Have you contacted the practise nurse at your gp,s surgery, she might be able to do them for you or a local pharmacy might be able to help. Good luck.

Have

Hi Have,

Thanks for that, my problem is that I am a temporary resident in the UK and am in different places because of my work. I need to get the fills here too, I will be in the UK for 6 months or so and being a temporary resident is causing me a problem with the Dr's. I actually have to go to the nurse at the surgery tomorrow for something else so will be asking.

Thanks.

JB

Hiya Angel

It's only been over two weeks and I am finding that I can eat anything. I am eat small amounts. I just feel like I am on a diet and I am literally just sticking to WILL POWER, which I do not have enough of. I'm going back to work next week. I had a big prob with allergies (nothing to do with op) and only just managed to sort them out. I'm literally bleeding allergic to everything now lol

You keep up the good work.

I've lost around 12lbs but I'm a bit worried about being able to eat anything. I make sure it is well chewed.

Can anyone tell me - could I do damage to the band. I think if I could get a fill now I would. I don't even feel like there is anything there, apart from an occasional twinge where the port is.

Debs

Hi Debs I am a week today and I have just started to get really hungry I am not sure I can go five weeks until my first fill on will power.... help!! Is there something wrong with me or did anyone else feel like this at the start before their first fill??? Thanks

Hi Debs I am a week today and I have just started to get really hungry I am not sure I can go five weeks until my first fill on will power.... help!! Is there something wrong with me or did anyone else feel like this at the start before their first fill??? Thanks

Hi Val

I felt just like you, I feel like I haven't had the op done.

I spent the first couple of weeks eating heinz Soups, jelly, ice cream, custard and rice pudding (low fat of course). I couldn't think of any other things that were liquidy/mushy. Make sure you drink plenty of Water.

I am being really careful as to how much I eat. I can literally eat anything now but I make sure I chew it thoroughly and only take small bites. My meal sizes are a quarter of what they were (I think this is because it takes me so long to eat it).

Stick with it, I felt just like you. I'm actually looking forward to getting the bleeding fill done now. lol

take care

Debs xx :closedeyes:

Yes, he banded me in july 2008 Dubai emirates hospital, I also found it hard to get much info on him, being followed up by a lovely Doctor, Dr Rogers, very happy!:blushing:

GOOD NEWS

Sians baby was born yesterday weight 7lb 6oz all is well with mum and baby, and no problems with her having a band, so all pregnant bandsters take heart

GOOD NEWS

Sians baby was born yesterday weight 7lb 6oz all is well with mum and baby, and no problems with her having a band, so all pregnant bandsters take heart

Congratulations to Sian, incidentally was it a boy or girl. jx:thumbup:

Wow these threads move incredible fast....

I just thought i'd pop in and say a big

"Hello"

To everyone on this journey newbies & oldies :thumbup:

The journeys a long one but where on our way to success,

keep up the fight.

Cw

Edited by Can't-Weight

GOOD NEWS

CONGRATULATIONS, glad everything went ok xx

Hi All, thanks for the advice now seem to be back on the straight and narrow!! A little slip up but back in control now and not so hungry, I think liquid/water/drinking and walking is the answer001_tt2.gif

Also went back to work Thursday and didnt come home until last night (Saturday), have to go to Ireland for work, so think I was just really tired, the operation does take it out of you more than you realise, but definately starting to feel better. Still feel a little pregnant though and have some pain, stomach feels rather delicate, but well worth it xthumbup1.gif

One more day on liquids and then on Mushies cant wait... Just some advice for anyone on post op liquid diet. When in hopsital they gave me some dutch bakes (thick crispbreads) that melt in your mouth and told me these were alright with Soup etc. So I have them now and then on their own with cheese spread (protein) or smooth Peanut Butter (protein) or with soup with low cal spread. They gave us jam in hospital wit them but couldnt face that (lol!!).crying.gif

Helps the 10 days go by without going mad to chew!!