Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi freckles im still about lol just dont get as much time on here as i used to, iv been helping my daughter with her move and spending time with her. I had a fill on thursday so im still on fluids till tomorrow but fingers crossed it will give me better restriction this time, i cant wait to get to a stage as you are at.. Hope your well x

Well done to everyone who has just been banded, hope your all doing well, the wind pain will ease.. i tried everything going for wind and found rennies were better for me, i did have shoulder pain for wks and wks after the op but the rennies did help also i found if i had something to eat it eased the pain, i dont think i was eating enough at the time x

Is it sposed to make you feel a bit under the weather?

Poor Freckles. I think, not being banded yet, and therefore no expert, that maybe it's life ganging up on you that's making you feel under the weather. You've really been through the mill lately, from being rebanded, your daughter moving away and all your problems with your mother. It can be too much for even the most capable "coper" to deal with. I know it's easier said than done, but can you spend a little more time on yourself, starting with a good long look at what you're actually eating? Reading what you've listed as a day's intake, I'm concerned that your diet is carbohydrate based with possibly insufficient Protein and fresh fruit and veg. You really need the Vitamins, minerals and protein to help you build up your strength. Time is of course the other missing ingredient. Can you take a few minutes a day to self indulge? Not a fag break! More a mini manicure, a soak in the bath, a leisurely walk, reading a book in the garden. I know you deserve it, you just need to tell yourself the same.

Best wishes

SP xxx

Poor Freckles. I think, not being banded yet, and therefore no expert, that maybe it's life ganging up on you that's making you feel under the weather. You've really been through the mill lately, from being rebanded, your daughter moving away and all your problems with your mother. It can be too much for even the most capable "coper" to deal with. I know it's easier said than done, but can you spend a little more time on yourself, starting with a good long look at what you're actually eating? Reading what you've listed as a day's intake, I'm concerned that your diet is carbohydrate based with possibly insufficient Protein and fresh fruit and veg. You really need the Vitamins, minerals and protein to help you build up your strength. Time is of course the other missing ingredient. Can you take a few minutes a day to self indulge? Not a fag break! More a mini manicure, a soak in the bath, a leisurely walk, reading a book in the garden. I know you deserve it, you just need to tell yourself the same.

Best wishes

SP xxx

Think you are quite right SP, Freckles needs to give herself a bit of the TLC she freely gives to others and we all recognise she deserves it. Hope she can find some time to put aside and give herself a bit of the same care and consideration she is so good at giving. That's an order Freckles before you're bogged down with extra granny babysitting duties etc!

Your date is almost here SP, you getting excited/nervous?

Bigsis xx

hi Maysh1...

Me n JackieM were banded on the Friday before you guys. I had exactly the same prob re the wind:bored:

I'm now exactly a week past it and the problem is getting better, especially at night:rolleyes2:

i can't really burp and haven't been able to since the op and im now thinking that this is gonna be wot life is like and its sumthin i'm gonna have to put up with:blink: However, i'd have this wind every hour if it means me now managing to lose weight....:wink:

hows the port pain? are you managing ok on the liquid? i can start on mushie food as from Monday, but i think i'm gonna do the full 2 weeks:mellow: coz after wot Dr C said, i'm just gonna be as safe as poss. :smile2: it doesnt do any harm in the weight loss stakes either.... as from today, i've lost 9lbs since i was banded 7 days ago:thumbup: i know this is all Water, but i don't care....its a great boost. I know JackieM is doing just as well.:biggrin:

JackieM, i hope you're still doing ok..it was fantastic to speak to you the other day....gave me a real boost:lol:

let me know when u'r gettin u'r stitches out...:unsure:

x

Hi Shell

I will have to ring the doctors on Monday and get an appointment to have my stitches out. I'm seeing the nurse on Wednesday so I hoping she will be able to do it.then.

Weight lose since bookin the op was 1 Stone 6lb on he week we were banded. I've now lost a further 10lb since the op. Which I'm really pleased with. ....Mind I am begining to get hungry, although I've worked out If I dont eat enough, then I'm starving the nerxt day. Like today. Yesterday I has an actimel plus 2 crispbreads with primula for Breakfast, then lunch was 2 crispbreads, and tea was half a bowl of Soup with yes youve guessed it more crispbread. Got to go the twins are here and there in he garden own there own. catch up later

Jackie

Edited by jackiem

Girlies you are so sweet, I hear what you're saying, thank you for your kindness.

To tell you the truth I cant afford to get any taken out atm. been booking the flights around Asia and to and from the Gold Coast, am on the bones on my a*se.

We've spent about £1500 to date thats without hotels lol.

I do take vits and the prune juice must be good for me. i think if the bowels were working normally I would feel good.

Ah well it will pass, and I will try to eat more Protein.< /p>

yep the babby is due on 26th, daughter booked into Op theatre for 9am so not long to go, and she wants me to wash the baby, she is so fussy, doesnt want any nurse doing it lol. She's a case!!.

they are doing it all day long, me i havent done it for over 8 years when her youngest son was born.

I spose i should be flattered lol.

Later girlies xxxx

Bigsis xx

Thanks Bigsis, I'm getting really nervous. Keep wondering if I'm doing the right thing, been hassled to reconsider by my younger daughter CP who knows (elder one doesn't as she lives abroad and only comes home to lecture me on my poor self control).

I've told only hubby, one daughter and 1 friend at work (who I grew up with) but have said to other people that a) I'm on another diet and :biggrin: hubby and I are off to look at boring battlefields in Belgium for a few days.

We have booked a narrow boat holiday to follow on immediately afterwards so that will give me a week with most of the comforts of home, but no chores, work or telephone to recover.

It's really difficult at work as I work for my brother in law, my sister's his wife and she likes to lord it over me and call in frequently to give her "husband's secretary some little jobs" It really p****s me off.

My parents, in laws and brother all live very close by and none of them would approve (Oh and my sister used to be an anorexic cat-walk model) some I'm really having to hide away for a while.

I've started dieting in earnest now and had to laugh wryly as I passed my Orlistat enhanced poo about all the poo talk you lot have had recently! Low fat diet = Orlistat and Milk Thistle!

I'm so grateful for evryone's support, you're the only people in the world who know what I'm doing and feeling. Thank you.

Edited by SingingParrott

Bigsis xx

Thanks Bigsis, I'm getting really nervous. Keep wondering if I'm doing the right thing, been hassled to reconsider by my younger daughter CP who knows (elder one doesn't as she lives abroad and only comes home to lecture me on my poor self control).

I've told only hubby, one daughter and 1 friend at work (who I grew up with) but have said to other people that a) I'm on another diet and :biggrin: hubby and I are off to look at boring battlefields in Belgium for a few days.

We have booked a narrow boat holiday to follow on immediately afterwards so that will give me a week with most of the comforts of home, but no chores, work or telephone to recover.

It's really difficult at work as I work for my brother in law, my sister's his wife and she likes to lord it over me and call in frequently to give her "husband's secretary some little jobs" It really p****s me off.

My parents, in laws and brother all live very close by and none of them would approve (Oh and my sister used to be an anorexic cat-walk model) some I'm really having to hide away for a while.

I've started dieting in earnest now and had to laugh wryly as I passed my Orlistat enhanced poo about all the poo talk you lot have had recently! Low fat diet = Orlistat and Milk Thistle!

I'm so grateful for evryone's support, you're the only people in the world who know what I'm doing and feeling. Thank you.

SP, there is really nothing to be nervous about as far as the surgery and professionalism goes but nearly all of us felt nervous. You will have done your research and had all of our first hand experiences including our little setbacks and if you have decided it is for you too, then don't look back and wonder if you are doing the right thing, you are! Don't be tempted to tell anyone other than those you have already told either, I told someone at work on impulse and thought I could trust her but she blabbed and now I suspect everyone knows. I was so angry, it was my perogative to tell people if and when I wanted to, not hers. You will show your anorexic sister soon enough. Very sensible to give yourself the extra time off too, especially if you have the added stress at work of being at your sister's beck and call, that must be so frustrating. Unfortunately I can't post on here what I really think of my sister (Gillian)!

Glad you feel able to share how you're feeling on this forum, it helps doesn't it? (Even if it is about bowels!) Take care, Bigsis x

Hi SingingParrot..........I was banded on he 7th and even in the theatre before they put me to sleep I thought 'Shall I just get off of the table now an walk away' I cant tell you how pleased I am that I went through with the band. Yesterday was the first day that I didnt take any pain killers at all. Thats exactly a week atfer the op, I thought I would be taking them for weeks. Its a great idea gong away straight after, I had to tell my kids when I got hom because I had to wear the lovely white socks for 5 days and I had bruises over my arms. Dont be alarmed I alays bruise when I have blood taken. You'll be fine and I expect you will meet some really nice people in Brussels, I did and were all keeping in touch and having a reunion next august/sept.

Take Care

Jackie

Hello Everyone,

i'm back home after been banded on Wed.

Experience was fantastic, hospital spotless, nurses were at the end of that bell every 5 hours with their pain killers too.

Couldn't fault them at all.

I was so lucky to be there when Garry was there too.

He was an absolute rock of support to everyone.

and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time - supposed to be good for the healing.....

On liquids now and all is well. Defo getting a litre of Water in and trying for more but its hard when you feel full all the time.

Anyhow going to have a little lie down now - just got back this afternoon.

In the theatre, I wasn't nervous at all thanks to all you guys telling me that I had nothing to worry about - and you were right.

While I was waiting to be brought to the theatre I had a sleep I was so relaxed.

Without the forum it would have been a lot different!!!

Thanks guys and Garry - still giggling ....

Siobhain:thumbup:

Hello Everyone,

i'm back home after been banded on Wed.

Experience was fantastic, hospital spotless, nurses were at the end of that bell every 5 hours with their pain killers too.

Couldn't fault them at all.

I was so lucky to be there when Garry was there too.

He was an absolute rock of support to everyone.

and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time - supposed to be good for the healing.....

On liquids now and all is well. Defo getting a litre of Water in and trying for more but its hard when you feel full all the time.

Anyhow going to have a little lie down now - just got back this afternoon.

In the theatre, I wasn't nervous at all thanks to all you guys telling me that I had nothing to worry about - and you were right.

While I was waiting to be brought to the theatre I had a sleep I was so relaxed.

Without the forum it would have been a lot different!!!

Thanks guys and Garry - still giggling ....

Siobhain:thumbup:

my absolute pleassure honey you helped my few days it was more like a holiday, we had such a laugh.

gx

Hi Big sis (twin) I'm at the same place as you, cant eat a thing without a lot of pain and I get reflux, but when I get a tiny amout removed I dont lose any weight its so frustrating. I'm now going to try eating protien at every meal, to see if that helps. I have'nt lost a sausage since my .3 ml was removed, but I cant live with any more fill in. Thats why my bands name is moody moo. I just cant find the sweet spot, but I think I'll be a bit more successful with carefull dieting because in all honesty I dont get REALLY hungry anymore.

Hi Freckles, I'm a little concerned about how little your eating, and thats whats probably causing your bowel prob aswell. If you cant eat anymore cant you at least add a protien drink, that should help with the weight loss and keep your energy levels higher.. I'm going to France end Aug.

Hi Big sis (twin) I'm at the same place as you, cant eat a thing without a lot of pain and I get reflux, but when I get a tiny amout removed I dont lose any weight its so frustrating. I'm now going to try eating protien at every meal, to see if that helps. I have'nt lost a sausage since my .3 ml was removed, but I cant live with any more fill in. Thats why my bands name is moody moo. I just cant find the sweet spot, but I think I'll be a bit more successful with carefull dieting because in all honesty I dont get REALLY hungry anymore.

Hi Freckles, I'm a little concerned about how little your eating, and thats whats probably causing your bowel prob aswell. If you cant eat anymore cant you at least add a protien drink, that should help with the weight loss and keep your energy levels higher.. I'm going to France end Aug.

That is absolutely the same as me Mmm/twinsis - I only had .2 of a ml out but it seemed be enough to put paid to any further loss. I think that possibly the route to go is trying the Protein theory. There was a programme on TV about weight loss a couple of months ago which backs up the theory that people using a high Protein diet were more successful as it definitely fills you up for much longer. Have bit of a problem with what to have for Breakfast tho rather than Cereal cos I'm not that keen on eggs and can't really think of owt else. Maybe a small cheese omelette - would that be ok cos I can't eat eggs just on their own?

Enjoy your holiday in France and try and keep your hands off the goodies! Bigsis xx

Hello Everyone

Well done to all those recently banded, look forward to seeing those pounds start to drop!

I am so totally bored, plus i just split up with my boyfriend and i have really bad acid reflux which is affecting my wine intake! Does anyone else have any experience with acid reflux, i cant decide if i am too tight or not?

Freckles, you need to start eating more...or eat the same amount but choose foods with a higher energy value which will make you feel better. When you first get banded its fine to not eat much but if you keep on eating like that you will store calories because your body thinks you are starving yourself and you wont lose, especially with all the other pressure in your life. I did that for ages and felt rubbish for ages.

Lol do what i am doing and eat treacle sponge pudding with cream to help your emotional problems! Oh dear i think i may regret this day tomorrow!

xx

That is absolutely the same as me Mmm/twinsis - I only had .2 of a ml out but it seemed be enough to put paid to any further loss. I think that possibly the route to go is trying the Protein theory. There was a programme on TV about weight loss a couple of months ago which backs up the theory that people using a high Protein diet were more successful as it definitely fills you up for much longer. Have bit of a problem with what to have for breakfast tho rather than Cereal cos I'm not that keen on eggs and can't really think of owt else. Maybe a small cheese omelette - would that be ok cos I can't eat eggs just on their own?

Enjoy your holiday in France and try and keep your hands off the goodies! Bigsis xx

My problem is breekkies too, I've tried melted cheese on a plate with melba toast or if I'm working and on the run I've tried the Atkins bars, I've bought some ready mixed protien shakes from tesco but not tried them yet. I was also thinking of having a slice or two of cold cooked meat (thin cut).

But I've set myself 1 rule only -from Monday- and that is that every meal must include protein, and I will eat that first before any other item, in case I cant finish the meal, its just a game at this stage but worth a try. :biggrin:

Hello Everyone

Well done to all those recently banded, look forward to seeing those pounds start to drop!

I am so totally bored, plus i just split up with my boyfriend and i have really bad acid reflux which is affecting my wine intake! Does anyone else have any experience with acid reflux, i cant decide if i am too tight or not?

Freckles, you need to start eating more...or eat the same amount but choose foods with a higher energy value which will make you feel better. When you first get banded its fine to not eat much but if you keep on eating like that you will store calories because your body thinks you are starving yourself and you wont lose, especially with all the other pressure in your life. I did that for ages and felt rubbish for ages.

Lol do what i am doing and eat treacle sponge pudding with cream to help your emotional problems! Oh dear i think i may regret this day tomorrow!

xx

Oh Bless carriejess you are having a bad day, its so sad and its not unusual to feel dissapointed, lonely, and insecure when a relationship changes direction. I am absolutly convinced that acid reflux is enhanced by emotion and stress, the band tightens and all sorts of problems start.

The only advice I can offer is not to eat within 3 hours of sleeping, I also have to stop drinking for a least 2 hours before bed. If it gets really bad I go back to liquids and mushies.

Then out of the blue it goes away and you can eat everything again, see how you get on but if you want to chat pm me and I'll phone you.

You have done so well, and have a lot to be proud of, we all know how special you are, chin up darling your a winner:thumbup: