Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Poor Alan - I am so glad to hear you went in and had the clot seen to - I've been very worried about you! Hopefully now you can get over the pain and on to the business of losing weight. I haven't done anything yet re: diet but find my appetite is down a lot since I've come back - even my dreaded sweet tooth. I'm finding I'm still quite tired - and a few people have told me I'm pale from time to time (likely just my extreme disappointment shining through)! My own doc has told me not to worry about what Dr Chris and Fredrick said re: life expectancy. She is sending me to a consultant here and, if it doesn't look too bad, she will see about getting me banded here... But I'm not holding my breath! Please take care of yourself and let me know how you are doing! Shelly - how are you? Kathy

Hi Kathy Ive been thinking about you a lot lately and hope you are healing well. I dont think I would worry too much about the diet until you get yourself better. I know you are really dissapointed at what happened but I always say whats for you will not go by you maybe it happened for a reason and youve got better things to come. Good luck and best wishes J xxx:rolleyes2:

heya all,

how is everyone . This is my first time on this forum. I have my appointment to be banded 30th June 2009. So not long to go now. Am currently on my low fat diet. I just wanted to know what to take with me from clothes or shoes?

WOOHOO at last someone who's gonna be there the same time as me!!!!!! HIYA rose:thumbup:

Sorry went a bit over OTT there, just a tad excited :sad:

Hi everyone, hope your all well.

I have read all your messages, everyone is doing so well, I am so pls for each and everyone of you's, ur all doing so good, loads of weight losted. I am so happy for you all.

I just need to ask a little question, if you all dont mind. When I eat I feel so full. I have tried to make my self sick because I feel so full, but I cant be sick, has anyone els had this happen to them. I have only tried to make myself sick last nite and could not belive that I could'nt be sick. Thanks for your help in advance. Mandy xx

Hi mandy are you eating slowly and chewing really well? this will give you time to listen to your body and realise that your full so you dont over eat, I have been like that and not been able to bring anything back up except if its stuck, sorry i cant be anymore help x

Hi rose and welcome to the forum.. think you have made a new best friend in fatduck lol, it is good if you have people you 'know' with you.. when i went i met gillian and big sister at the airport, we had been talking on here for months before the ops and txting, so i felt like i wasnt on my own x

Hi rose and welcome to the forum.. think you have made a new best friend in fatduck lol, it is good if you have people you 'know' with you.. when i went i met gillian and big sister at the airport, we had been talking on here for months before the ops and txting, so i felt like i wasnt on my own x

Hey Wishful ( soon to be Wishfullfilled coz you're doin FAB) I'm excited about knowing that there's gonna be someone else there. I'm going on my own- not the 1st to do this I know but i'm a big bambino n can't afford to take anyone to hold my hand so knowing theres another threader there will ease my apprehensions a bit- maybe lol, U had Gillian n big Sis and I'm sure it helped. If you wanna volunteer to come baby sit me n hold my hand you're more than welcome:thumbup: Don't panic that was just a jest, I'm not a psycho hose beast :tongue:

Shoes 4 stone since March, WOW how did you manage that. Is that around 14 weeks youve been banded. Have you good restriction, Im amazed. WELL DONE. Jx

Hi Homecare thanks i have a little restriction at the mo up to now its just been pure will power, i just keep saying to myself i did'nt put my body through all this to fail again this has to work, only i can make it work with a little help from the band, i think knowing that you will get good restriction keeps you going i know with out the band i would,nt of got this far,you wont feel your op coming around now say your pure excited you wont regret it best decision i,ve made in years:smile::tongue:

Hi shoes i have had 4 fills and up to 6ml, i think my restriction has started to wear off a bit as i can eat a bit more for my evening meal, im still sticking to liquids in the day tho.. i think its a bit or will power aswell. good luck with yours, your weight loss so far is really good x

Hi Wishfull im at 6mils too have a bit of restriction going for 4th fill 2th july fred said he can only put in half a mil i think this will get me there, i tried a bit of a crusty roll today started to hurt so i defo cant eat bread its strange i sometimes eat a little bit and feel really full then other times im really hungry and have to stop myself from eatting to much are you the same :tongue:

hay there guys i was banded 12th june had a rougth time with is as i got a clot the size of a small football, whet to the hospital last night and they have taken it out and i fell a lot better today, in a bit of pain..

Hi Allan, so glad you got that clot removed you will feel much better for it every day you will feel a lot better take it easy and get plenty of rest:smile::tongue:

Hi shoes, i havnt been able to eat bread from day one and i seem to struggle with all meats now, i cant even eat a slice of ham lol, im not really complaining its just the band doing its job. I think i will go for another fill next month and hope that one takes me to my limit. You are doing something right so keep up the good work x

Hey fatduck a bit short notice or i would of come to support you and hold your hand and wipe your brow lol x

Hi Shoes,

I notice your going for your fill on 2nd July....

I'll be there meeting Frederick too about my consultation for the band. What time is your appointment?

Mine's for 12 noon

hi guys:biggrin:

after a lot of hard thinkin and lots of research...ive decided to get banded...

am really excited:w00t: but also a bit nervous as im gonna have to go all alone.:tongue:

Dr Chris seems to be the man and i'm happy he's doing the procedure...

anyone have any tips or little gems for me to help ease my nerves:unsure:

Is anyone else getting banded on 7th of August.....i'm travelling from scotland on the 6th

wooppee!!!!.....for me...life begins at 38:thumbup:

Hi Rosetah2006

Welcome to the forum.

Here is everything i can think of to take with you;

*loose clothing

*slip-on shoes

*hand towl for hospital

*wash bag

*chewable Multivitamins

*Waterproof dressings for 5 wounds (4= 2cm long and 5th is 6cm long)

* Travel lightly as too much luggage will be a pain to carry around

* Pain relief ie Nurofen melts (not tablet form. you will get some from hospital but they are yuk!)

* Sponge ( I found this helpful for a strip wash in hospital)

*don't worry about nightclothes in hospital as you will be in your gown they give you

* Cup a Soups for hotel after op

* Bottled Water but you can by this in the hotel

* If you drink tea or coffee there is some in the hotel but not much so take your own(they do have a kettle)

If i think of anything else i will let you know!!!!

Heya Thanks for all the support am so glad i found this site as am absorbing all the information like a sponge :tongue:

Hi and welcome shellangel, i think you have picked the right surgeon 4 the job so no worries there, you will probably end up meeting someone on here before you go and if not you will definitely meet people while your over there, dr chris seems to band about 7 / 8 patients a day, goodluck x