Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Good luck to everyone travelling to Belgium in the next few days for their op and to Flirty..i hope you get some restriction going on!

Hope everyone else is doing ok and their weekend hangovers are not as severe as mine is

Ah poor caroline a hangover has gotten the better of ya i seriously need a wee bevy soon havnt had one since 19th of march how good am i lol think il have a few in belgium tho and il defo make up for it when i get to liverpool in 3wks it'l be 72hours of vodka haha But thanks for the luck i need it x

Good luck Odgemodge and for ur friend Flirty!! We want to hear all about it when you both get back. Odgemodge you'll be just fine x.

Bigsis - great to have you back! I have slightly more than you in my band now. I had a fill yesterday and it's taken me up to 6ml in a 7-9ml band. I defo have restriction at the moment, it is a little uncomfortable getting any form of liquid done. I'm sure it'll ease up over the next day or so. I'm just taking it easy.

Freckles - how are you doing? Any restriction? Are you being a good girl and staying on liquids? !!;)

Good luck Odgemodge and for ur friend Flirty!! We want to hear all about it when you both get back. Odgemodge you'll be just fine x.

Bigsis - great to have you back! I have slightly more than you in my band now. I had a fill yesterday and it's taken me up to 6ml in a 7-9ml band. I defo have restriction at the moment, it is a little uncomfortable getting any form of liquid done. I'm sure it'll ease up over the next day or so. I'm just taking it easy.

Freckles - how are you doing? Any restriction? Are you being a good girl and staying on liquids?!!;)

That's great news Sammy, really pleased for you and hoping for same from Wendy on Tuesday, fingers crossed. Little sis had best not have sabotaged it for me with her bakewell tart last night - come to think of it, she was piling it on my dish while she nibbled on an apple (not really!) Will report with a post on Tues evening, hopefully with news of a few lbs off, if I don't, you'll know why - will be sobbing in a corner! Take care, Bigsis x

Ah Bigsis I'm sure u'll be fine!! I'd only lost a lb when I weighed in yesterday but that may have had something to do with the McDonalds and various other things I'd had the day before!! I'd been doing well until then!

BTW - Steve/Wendy said that Michelle from the WLS has had her baby so all good there!!

I even had a ciggy on the surgery morning, but havent smoked since....have craved for one though.

Sammy, Michael told me to stay on liquids for 24 hours so had some food today at teatime, a little restriction now, so its a start eh.

So glad you've got your restriction starting now chick, the weight will start to drop off you.

Its all good. Flirtydrawers hope you get a good result from your fill, and good luck to all the girlies going for their bands xxxx

Ooops forgot, some sweet person said they liked my hair, thats a piccy taken about 2 years ago, I loved the colour, but hubby didnt, he says it doesnt suit me, so have had loads of highlights put in so it looks blondish now.

Men eh!!!!

;):w00t:Chuffin ell!! how many posts there been today!!? i have only managed to skim thro em all. good luck to you going tomorrow! goodluck flirty with your x ray and fill etc. hope it gets you there! homecare...i have an underactive thyroid and hav been on 150mcg thyroxine for about 13 years now. having the band can actually help this as losingthe weight can reduce the dosage. you can certainly be banded with it,no worries there!. i am needle phobic but the anti-coagulation jabs you give yourself after are so simple.i was really proud of myself doing em!just pinch a lump of fat low down on your belly ans slowly push it in. you will think its gonna hurt but i couldnt feel a thing..its worse getting a splinter out! the needle is so fine like a hair. Hmm big sister..i sabbotaged that bakewell last night, i added a pound of butter to your piece only..mine was the low fat piece!:unsure: week after fill will we!?..ill make bakewell puree instead

Hi Guys,,

Thanx for all your good lucks!!!! I'm logging off now for the last time before op!!!;)

I'll see you all on the other side:thumbup:

I'll let all the newbies know how it went on thursday when i'm back!!!

See Ya

Jo xxx

Thanks Gillian for easing my mind over thyriod problem. I am desperate to book now but have to wait until July when I am due some cash. Roll on July. Now Ive found someone who will probably do it I am sooo excited

Thanks Gillian for easing my mind over thyriod problem. I am desperate to book now but have to wait until July when I am due some cash. Roll on July. Now Ive found someone who will probably do it I am sooo excited

HOMECARE, If there's any way, go for the 3rd July and come and be my Band Buddy! LOL

Hope you got the email and info ok, I am looking to see where's the nearest WLS clinic for aftercare if anyone can help with that, Im in Glasgow, But I know they don't have a Scottish Clinic, but Newcastle might be ok, or a little further South, if anyone knows, please let me know........

Odge _ Good Luck, sorry if im late in posting, can't wait to hear how you get on!

Freckles, Your right about all the postings, it can be a bit mad sometimes on here! I wish there was a specific chat room then we COULD all talk at once!!;)

I am wondering if anyone knows a specific low fat diet that would be good and easy to follow and how many weeks pre -op that I should be doing it. I am counting down the days now!!!! Can't bloody weight, might even get a ticker for it!!

Penny

xx

Morning guys. I could do with a bit of advice please. I think basically I've had a bit of an overfill on Saturday. It still is uncomfortable drinking anything even Water. Last night I had to prop myself up in bed as when i lay on my tummy/side I could feel gurgles and like I was producing a bit of saliva. Anyway I'm OK if it's likely to loosen over the next day or so. Has anyone else had this?

Mmm - what did it feel like when u had that hic-cup incident? Do you feel OK now?

It's one extreme to another!!

Hi All .........Thanks for the warm welcome.

Gary can you give me details of where to find the 'all in package'. I've had a look but cant seem to see it anywhere.:frown: .......I rang yesterday and might be able to get the surgery for the end of July. Dont really want to wait that long but I work for education and we're not allowed time off outside of school hols.

I was interested to read about the Kelp tablets for Hair loss, wonder if i would be worth taking them before the surgery!!!

Jackie xx

hi jackie you may have this info laready but email frederick

frederik.serneels@ecfs.be he will help and give you complete package, i think its the best way.

Garry

Hey everyone..is anyone here from dubai/toronto...m in a fix...m not yet banded but also m not able to decide where i should get banded...i recently got my PR(Permanent Residency) for canada but been living there from 9yrs on student/work bases...i was born and raised in Dubai which means my whole family still resides in dubai....Now my problem is if i get banded in toronto i will be alone there and noone to be with me or hellp me during my surgery and from wat i have heard it is imp to have a helping hand for few days atleast..and if i get banded in dubai ,i have no idea wat will i do abt aftercare once i am in toronto...has anyone been in any similar situation?? if so wat did they do? does anyone know of any doctors for fills and after care in toronto?...please helpp

Btw if i do get banded in Dubai..it will be with Dr Chris De Bruyne..any feedbacks on that would be great as well