Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks caroline iv stopped getting sick so il try some coffee now in a while and hope i have no probs with it but i can feel the swelling if that makes sense so just hope it'l go down and everything is ok im getting a fill and xray in belgium monday nite so at least i'l be well checked thanks for reply hun

Hi peeps, just a quick one for you all, did any of you guys get any insurance for your ops. thanks in advance for your replys

Thanks for asking this, i wanted to ask this but more for the flights there and back, any ideas old hands?

:thumbup:

xx

Sorry girls i cant help with the insurance thing, I should have done some research before my second band, what a plonka. i was so excited I forgot.

Flirty i do hope you are feeling better sweetie, take care of you.

Mandy we will be thinking of you, see you soon girl....

Hi peeps, just a quick one for you all, did any of you guys get any insurance for your ops. thanks in advance for your replys

i never but ithink you might struggle to get such a cover.

gx

Thanks Westie, I am not sure if I am excited or nervous, I keep filling up and crying. I am sure that everything will be ok. This will prob be my last time on here tonite, till I get back on Sunday nite. Thank you to everyone for all your great advise over the past few weeks, without your help and advise I would not have got thought this without all your help and advise. Thanks agains :thumbup::thumbup:

best of luck kiddo you will be fine we look forward to hearing from you.

gx

Ah thanks freckles i duno whats up but i managed a coffee there in small sips so i hope im just swollen from last nite its scary when u think something is wrong... Oh and i just seen ur comment u left on my fb ur too nice but u must of been on the drink writing that comment lol

Good luck Mandy!!

:thumbup:THANKS MMM for the phone call last night I so appreciate it . I did forget to ask you do you know how much time i will need off work, as i work for my self ( I'm a dog groomer ) i can book off as much as i need but i also don't want to lose any of my customers as business is quite a present with the credit crunch .cant wait to get it done now off to pay my deposit today .I'm taking my milk thistle and also homeopathic Anica as that is great for you when you have anesthetic as it helps you get over it better

I can only say what I felt comfortable with post op. I bathed my 3 mini dacschunds 4 days post op, but they are only small and lightweight, I would have needed at least 1 week for a spanial sized dog (12kg) and closed to 2 weeks for the labrador sized, only because of lifting tho. For small dogs I would book them in from 1 week post op and larger about 2 weeks post op. Hope this helps mmm

GOODLUCK mandy even tho you wont need it.. you will soon be on here posting your good news to all the others who are going for there ops soon, take care x

Hi Mandy

I looked into insurance and finally gave up. There's nothing out there to cover what we would need. Private companies offer their own insurance if you have op done with them and companies like BUPA don't cover it. Ordinary travel insurance purely for your travel to cover cancelations etc. but even that wouldn't cover you for travelling back and being ill after an operation abroad!

Sorry, just nothing out there that I have been able to find.

Westie

:smile:good luck mandy..if ive caught you in time before you go?!..youll do great like we all did. look forward to your post op posts!. i know its abit late for you but my sister (bigsister) found at least one or two insurance companies willing to insure for cosmetic surgery abroad. i think one was the Linda briggs site, linda briggs do cosmetic surgery but there insurers also insure others going elswhere.(if bigsister reads this she might just post?!) if not ill ask her and post details, shes busy with work. but we ended up going without as most do. flight was less than an hour, as soon as your up, your landing,it flies (!)

flirty, im sure youll be ok in day or two. sounds like you had bug or ate something dodgy. the throwing up will have really swelled your stomach up around your band and youll be sore and raw..lets hope that the xray will show that everythings allright..let us know when you come back, im sure it will be fine.

freckles..give us an update on your family!!mum, daughters,baby etc. hope your doing well and thanks for tip on having liquids for couple of days..i will try that when i need to when it loosens off after a fill. thanks for your funny email jokes too!

on the fizzy drink debate..I can have quite a bit of fizzy drink, but dont drink much of it anyway, i prefer juice, or tea. i know others cant do it tho, were all different suppose. i need it if i get anything stuck though, it helps it go down cos it makes me burp which helps, although i cant let rip with em like i could before!. i went on a trip to bakewell pudding shop last night..we went into the bakery and made one each, then it was judged after..mine didnt win, it was overfilled!..but delicious!..naughty, but it was only individual size..god,they are expensive though! .there was a 3 course meal in with price and i brought most of it home in a doggy bag, only had half the salmon, but ate the salad. and just the top off the desert. good job it wasnt next week as im having a fill, albeit a tiny tiny one! x

Hi moneyp i didnt bother with any insurance and i dont know anyone who did, i havnt read on here anyone using it x

Hi moneyp i didnt bother with any insurance and i dont know anyone who did, i havnt read on here anyone using it x

we just travelled on normal annual travel insurance we had anyway. but if owt goes wrong, like missing luggage etc, and they found out you went abroad for surgery, your complete insurance will be void. i dont think theyd find out though. like i say the flight is very short and your within miles of a hospital either end. we had no problem and i dont know anyone else who did either. x