Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hey,

Just a quick question!! Is fizzy a big no no as i see you can drink a couple of pints! Its just if i do go for a drink I like to have vodka and diet coke as wine tends to give me bad acid reflux!!!!

Jo x:smile2:

until you reach your sweetspot its kind of ok but i have been conditioning myself from start and not having it so its easier, i am also a vod and d coke drinker and if i am in a house then its easy by just pouring a pint of diet coke and using it to top up vodka as it generally goes flat, when out its a bit tougher, i opt for the gun coke where normally i would have bottles as its normally flatter.

Hey flirty well done on your weight loss you have done fantastic, fingers crossed one of the dr's will offer to do the surgery for you, you will have to keep us posted x

Hey,

Just a quick question!! Is fizzy a big no no as i see you can drink a couple of pints! Its just if i do go for a drink I like to have vodka and diet coke as wine tends to give me bad acid reflux!!!!

Jo x:smile2:

Hi odgemodge since i had my band fitted i havn't been able to drink fizzy drinks at all, i like southern comfort and lemonade but have to let it go flat before i can drink it and i dont like wine so thats out, we are all different and you may be ok with fizzy drinks, its all trial and error x

Ah thanks wishfull but i cant see them doing it but if nothing its worth a try id prob be put on a wating list if they did accept me but i aint prepared to wait i want it done by end of summer if i thought they'd do it id still want it done before xmas but i have a consult end of this month with a private surgeon but tt is 8200 and arms 6000 so il have to see

WOW that is expensive, ask dr chris how much his tt will be and what the waiting time would be, Dont be hasty tho cos you may get it for free and might not have to wait to long, i didnt have to wait long to get breast reduction on NHS x

Yeah i just know in ireland its alot harder than the uk to get procedures done and i bet they'l expect me to be at at steady weight for 6months or more and alot of other requirements before they would even consider it but il see if i hear anything back from them i know dr chris does tt but i wana get Lipo too and im terrified at thought of the op i think id feel safer getting it done here incase of infection or anything i could just go to the hospital its a top general hospital i wouldnt even go to a cosmetic clinic as id be too afraid but il see what way it go's i still have a stone and a half to go

Hey flirty well done on your weight loss you have done fantastic, fingers crossed one of the dr's will offer to do the surgery for you, you will have to keep us posted x

yeh flirty a big well done

gx

Ah garry iv done feck all compared to u u lost so much before op and u kick the ass out of exercise im still sittin on my ass lol

Ah no garry they defo got stuck whick was big shock for me as i would consider them a slider food so i dont know whats going on but coffee or nothing is staying down this morn so i think il avoid eating for a few days and hope il be able to get liquids down soon

does it feel like they are still stuck? i have heard that pineapple juice is good as the acid disolves anything..also warm drinks normally help. Hope you feel better soon xx

Hey bobo thanks for tip im just after managing to get a coffee down thank god i really dont know what happened but im gona stay on liquids for a day or 2cos i can actually feel my insides swollen and my throat is killing me from heaving so much so im not even chancing food... I was at my doc today asking about plastic surgeons she said she'l write to plastics in dublin see if i could get it free but im not holding my breath cos of the times and little funding but sure its worth a shot but one way or another it'l be done lol i was thrilled i was 6st 7lb lighter on her scales and 8st 7lb lighter than when i was at my heaviest so cant complain and hopefully a few days on liquids will leave me a few more lb down and then with fill next week i plan on staying on liquids the monday nite till the sat try give the fill a good chance to settle and a week on liquids usually shrinks the stomach too so fingers crossed il hit the 7st mark but i vow not to eat shit cos any time i have done recently it aint been nice and my latest experience last nite has put me right off... and odgemodge i drink vodka and red bull no probs sure once the red bull hits the vodka and ice it loses its fizz but i also have a few beers too and have had no probs

You are an amazing weight loss machine flirty you should be so proud of yourself!!!

I cant drink fizzy anymore but thats ok coz im a wine lover. I also get drunk alot quicker, half a bottle and im done. Probably the cheapest date ever...a starter as a main and 2 glasses of wine!

I dont know if im stuck or swollen or what im so worried now incase i made my band slip by getting sick so much i had several cups of coffee today but tried some Soup just now and it wont go down does anyone know what could be causing this? im really panicing now

I dont know if im stuck or swollen or what im so worried now incase i made my band slip by getting sick so much i had several cups of coffee today but tried some Soup just now and it wont go down does anyone know what could be causing this? im really panicing now

I have read that if your band has slipped its really really painful (like you cant move painfull) and if you have been able to drink today then its probably because you are so swollen after all the throwing up. However if you cant get any liquids down over the next 24 hours then you need to see your doctor because you must stay hydrated. Just keep trying with Water and coffee or clear broth and see how you get on. If you get really worried then go to the hospital and have an xray done they will be able to see if your band has slipped or there is something stuck somewhere.

Keep us posted....

I bet you are excited! I have just under 3 weeks to go and I can't contain myself! Luckily I'm away on holiday the week before - it might take my mind off it a bit (some hope).

I'd just like to wish you well and eager to read your experiences on here. :cool2: Westie x

Thanks Westie, I am not sure if I am excited or nervous, I keep filling up and crying. I am sure that everything will be ok. This will prob be my last time on here tonite, till I get back on Sunday nite. Thank you to everyone for all your great advise over the past few weeks, without your help and advise I would not have got thought this without all your help and advise. Thanks agains :laugh::thumbup:

Thanks Westie, I am not sure if I am excited or nervous, I keep filling up and crying. I am sure that everything will be ok. This will prob be my last time on here tonite, till I get back on Sunday nite. Thank you to everyone for all your great advise over the past few weeks, without your help and advise I would not have got thought this without all your help and advise. Thanks agains :thumbup::thumbup:

Best of Luck Mandy, You'll be fine. It's natural to be a little nervous and emotional, as It will be life changing for you i'm sure. And all in a good way :D Take care, can't wait to hear from you when your back!

Pen

x