Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Ello ello ello!

I am back in civilisation!! I've been off-line for a couple of weeks as I have been staying at my mum's.

I had my first fill about 10 days ago in Manchester. No restriction but I wasn't expecting any. I met Freckles and Wishful - hello ladies! Gary - you must've been in and out before I got there. How did you all get on?

How is everybody else? I will try and read a few pages but don't think I will have time to go through them all xxxxx

hi sammy good to hear from you, yep i was in and out and back on the road to glasgow in 30 mins never felt much difference wi fill so i have since had another last friday in glasgow, i am geeting ther not quite restriciton but i am taking a lot longer to eat and do have to stop so thats kind of restriciton so me thinks the next one will be the one. How you gettn on.

Gx

hi sammy good to hear from you, yep i was in and out and back on the road to glasgow in 30 mins never felt much difference wi fill so i have since had another last friday in glasgow, i am geeting ther not quite restriciton but i am taking a lot longer to eat and do have to stop so thats kind of restriciton so me thinks the next one will be the one. How you gettn on.

Gx

Hi there - sorry I missed you. Let's hope u get a bit of restriction with ur last fill.

I am having a fill on Sunday - I have decided to do the WLS package that Gillian and Bigsis have done. I think they are in London every 2 weeks so I intend to go every 2 weeks until I get a bit of restriction. I can eat anything pretty much and any quantity and it's been really tough over Easter esp as I've been visiting relatives for lovely meals! I'll weigh in tomorrow - just hope I've not put on too much. I am just sooo hungry! :rolleyes:

Hi there - sorry I missed you. Let's hope u get a bit of restriction with ur last fill.

I am having a fill on Sunday - I have decided to do the WLS package that Gillian and Bigsis have done. I think they are in London every 2 weeks so I intend to go every 2 weeks until I get a bit of restriction. I can eat anything pretty much and any quantity and it's been really tough over Easter esp as I've been visiting relatives for lovely meals! I'll weigh in tomorrow - just hope I've not put on too much. I am just sooo hungry! :rolleyes:

thats good you can get them every 2 wks, i aint far away when he done it on fri i really struggled with the Water and he initially thought he would need to take some back out but i waited 15 mins in reception drinking water and then the water started moving but by that night it had eased a hell of a lot.

Hi All

I still drink with the band, i think you still need some pleasure but agree with garry that you should wait the 6 weeks first. I love wine but now im a much cheaper date as i get drunk much more quickly!

Also i am really pleased with myself as i am now officially a running machine! And i wore a size 14 dress on saturday night!

WELCOME.gif

to you newbies, and good luck with your ops.

Great that you will meet Flirtydrawers, she's a star pupil!!!!

Sammy, hi chick, it was lovely to meet you and your Mum and baby Harrison.

So glad you went first cos Freddy couldnt find my port and I was in there for quite a while.

I dont have any restriction either :crying:

I havent seen Wishful since that day, I think she had pc trouble.

I have my first fill with Michael VDB on 9th may, wish it was earlier, but he's booked up.

Forgot to say Odge, I had a drink a few days after op.

I have a couple every night cos I still miss the smoking. Gonna have to stop pretty soon though, cos its not helping my weight.

Flirty you must have had some restriction to lose 6 stone didnt you hun?

Hasnt it gone because of all the weight you've lost? Or am I missing something here :crying:

6 stone is so marvellous so proud of you girl!!!!

Hi Freckles

It was lovely to meet you too! U had an extra long appointment with Freddie then:laugh:. Lucky you!!

We went to Cheshire Oaks on the way home. I didn't buy anything though oh except a paring knife! Mum had fish and chips from Harry Ramsden's but I was a good girl! :crying:

I'm going into London on Sunday to get another fill. Mum is coming too bless her!

How is ur daughter? I am glad she's having a girl. It's all you need eh? I hope she is a good 'rester'! Let us know how she gets on x

Hey freckles,

Thanks for the info on the alcohol thats a relief cause i like to have a drink on a friday with the girls! Not to bothered about the other days!!!! What do you mean about missing smoking? Is that a voluntary thing or do we have to quit once banded!!? Woke up this morning with only 3 weeks to go but it still feels like a life time away! I'm not nervous just really excited!!!!

Has anyone had any problems with Hair loss? ??? I don't want to mine!

Does anyone have fills done at edinburgh as ithink that is my closest place to go???

Sorry for all the questions!

cheers peeps! xxx

Cheers Carrie, yeah, i did lighter life back in 2004 and lost 7 and a half stone, got down to 10st 4 in 5 months, but got married the next month and didn't keep up with the management!! oh well, this is the big one now, no more fluctuating, i will be a size 10 again!!...

Thanks also garry, it's great being on here, my little sister has just joined too and will be coming on the same day for the op too, i can't wait, i've got two holidays coming up, one to maldives in september and one with kids to florida on november. How much weight do you think i could lose if i worked really hard at it by september? Getting banded on 12 May 09, yipeeeeee!!!!!!!

Hey sis, gr8 to see you on here, how do i go about joining the Facebook group? speak soon x

Hi all

Have sent off my medical form and now waiting to hear back from Dr Chris before making transport and hotel arrangements. I am sooooooooooo excited I just cant wait for 26 May, hopefully someone will come on this site thats going the same day as me.................

Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't been on here for a while,:crying:

My life's been a bit crazy since February for various different reasons, but I'm happy to say it's all getting back to normal slowly but surely.

Since the last time I came on here, I've had three fills with Frederic in Manchester. I had 3 mils, then 2 mils then a further 1 mil put in on Thursday, taking me to 6 mils in a 10 mil band. I actually believe I may be starting to get nearer proper restriction now, although one more fill might be required, I'll have to see how I go at easing myself back on to normal foods over the next couple of days.

My weight has been coming off slowly, but at least it's going to be sustainable this time. I have lost 24 pounds, but am hoping that a few more will come off in the next few days. I'd be really pleased if I get to the two stone mark soon. I'm not buying any new clothes yet though!

You might remember that I started a Facebook group called 'Gastric Band Patients of Dr Christiaan de Bruyne' which a few people did not want to join because their friends did not know about their operation. Well, I am pleased to say that I have now made the group invisible, so it won't appear on anyone's Facebook profile. So, if people would still like to join the group, send me a personal message on here and I will add you as a friend on Facebook and then invite you to join the group.

We've got 8 members at the moment, and it's much easier to follow the conversation than on this thread, because it's sooo long!!

Anyhow, I hope you're all well and I'll check back in again sometime soon.

Bye for now,

Miss Flump x

Welcome girls,

This is what you new girls are looking for, pm Miss flump and take it from there. All the best with your planns. mmm.