Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi gang

I am due to be banded in 9 days and have already done almost a week on the liver reducting diet. In this time I have had no alcohol, but with 2 Christmas dos lined up for next weekend, I was wondering what effect this would have on the liver. I do not want to undo all the good work I have done so far, but if alcohol does not make a difference, I would at least like one last drink before a life without it completely.

Another query, do those who have followed a low fat diet prior to surgery have less pain and recover sooner than those that dont?

Well done to Foxy too and thanks for the info regarding the hotel and what they provide, etc. I've booked the Frederik package too and he has said I can pay the entire cost the day prior to surgery. I'm hanging on til the last moment to change my Euros now. Could have kicked myself when I wanted to change at 1.17 and the lady told me rates were on their way up again and I should wait :confused_smile:

It's no wonder there is so much pain post-op as I have just seen a stomach operation on TV and they don't look that gentle with you.....

I am now starting to panic big time.....

Sal

Hi tropicallagoon, it's bad news about the euro.. i'v just seen it on sky news it's at it's all time low. 1 euro = 90p. hope it starts to go up b4 you go for your op. where are you flying from?

hi guys!!! i'm nearly 3 weeks banded and i've lost almost 2 stone, clothes are getting big!! wounds have healed nicely. Still can't really tolerate solids much, mash is about my limit but never mind!! all worth it for sure:tongue2:

hi guys!!! i'm nearly 3 weeks banded and i've lost almost 2 stone, clothes are getting big!! wounds have healed nicely. Still can't really tolerate solids much, mash is about my limit but never mind!! all worth it for sure:tongue2:

Thats great news i have lost 1 1/2 stone also was 4 weeks ago friday. Im on normal food, chew lots and always hungry but eat very slowly and stick to the portions. had my first fill but no restriction looking to have another next month and so on. Just doing it on will power at the moment but its fine :confused_smile:

Hi Gang,

You banded people are doing fab, I am so impressed, Its great to hear your progress.

Hi Tropical lagoon,

I've just been on the moneysaving expert website to check on the best exchange rate and found that Travel money services 08006129675, and Crown currency exchange 08006127273 are both offering 1.107 which means that 4000 euros work out at about £3600, hope this helps. I have used both before and they delivered free of charge very quickly. It does mean however that you are carrying cash as opposed to using a bank transfer sysytem.

well done bytheseaside!!!..your doing great!..hope i do that well...do you have much pain still?.Gillian x

Hi Gang,

You banded people are doing fab, I am so impressed, Its great to hear your progress.

Hi Tropical lagoon,

I've just been on the moneysaving expert website to check on the best exchange rate and found that Travel money services 08006129675, and Crown currency exchange 08006127273 are both offering 1.107 which means that 4000 euros work out at about £3600, hope this helps. I have used both before and they delivered free of charge very quickly. It does mean however that you are carrying cash as opposed to using a bank transfer sysytem.

That info about the euros is good, thanks..Im starting to look at the rates in shops...and every day i wish id bought them the day before!!..terrible isnt it. still trying to get my cash together at the moment...I will by hook or by crook!.Gillian x

Hi tropicallagoon, it's bad news about the euro.. i'v just seen it on sky news it's at it's all time low. 1 euro = 90p. hope it starts to go up b4 you go for your op. where are you flying from?

Hi Wishfull, the euro is really depressing me at the moment..Dunno what to do for the best, change what i have now, or wait till last minute?. its not getting any better is it?.it was only 3 years ago in zante when we were getting 147 euros to the £ ! hope your well anyway...only just over 4 weeks now!..its flying!..just want it over and done with now.Gillian x

have got to wait until 22nd jan for my first fill so that seems quite late compaired to some people? Reply to Gillian... not too much pain only when i bend to be honest which i presume is quite normal?!!

I'm flying from Cardiff, with a changeover at Amsterdam

Hi Wishfull, the euro is really depressing me at the moment..Dunno what to do for the best, change what i have now, or wait till last minute?. its not getting any better is it?.it was only 3 years ago in zante when we were getting 147 euros to the £ ! hope your well anyway...only just over 4 weeks now!..its flying!..just want it over and done with now.Gillian x

Hi gillian, yeh im fine just busy spending money i havnt really got.. but hey its christmas. im not going to be changing my money till last min and just hope its going to start picking up. I cant wait to go tho, i bought MY WEEKLY (magazine)today only cos its got a double page spread bwt gastric band.. havnt read it yet but should get i bit more info on it x

dear miss flump

cant remember if i said,i wasnt offered a shower at the hospital,but neither did i feel like one,and i was going home to my hotel,but maybe if you ask, there will be facilities,there is a bathroom which you and your roommates share,well not really a bathroom,more of a large toilet with sinks for washing,in the ward/room,but if you really want a shower just ask,if you dont ask you wont get, good luck and remember to log on and let us know how you get on,our thoughts will be will you,love from the fox:thumbup:

Hey Fox,

Thanks for your reply. Good powers of deduction by the way, because I am a teacher!!! :)

Thanks for the info about showering in the hospital. I asked mainly to see if I could travel without a bath towel, cause I want my luggage to be as light as possible!! If they don't offer me a shower, I'm not gonna ask. I'll wait until I get home.

Can anyone offer any advice on what they have been doing to look after their incisions after surgery? I've never had an operation before and obviously want to keep everything as clean as possible afterwards.

Will let you know how I get on.

Miss Flump x x x

Hey Miss Flump

Hope your not checking our grammar !!!!!,( or our grampa for that matter )

listen all you will need for the hospital is knickers,cos they give you a gown,there is a hand towel in the washroom,and they will clean your stitches while you are there,

you will need toothbrush ,toothpaste,deodorant,hair brush and if hairs long a scrunchie or hair clip to tie it up,

i took loose joggers and a dark t shirt with a pattern on the front,trainers and a plain black hoody,i couldnt have possible worn a bra if my life was dependant on it,and im a 46ff,!!!!!!

Before you leave you will pick up a pack at the nurses station which contains, painkillers,anti nausea tabs( 3 of ,so use sparingly)pink antiseptic wash ( to use when changing dressings on day 3, tho i had to do mine sooner,cos of a reaction to the dressing )and your lovely last but not least injections for preventing blood clots,the needle is very sharp so very little pain there,small sting for a second,thats all

your wounds will be covered,oh and you will also get anti embolism stockings,so leave yours at home,im just mentally trying to tick off your list what you said you are taking,and as this is not a regular holiday where we all take loads of stuff we dont need or even use,leave as much as you can at home!!!!!!

any way good luck and any more questions ,just ask,:)

Edited by THE FOX
more info

HEY TC27 AND GILLIAN AND ALL THE BANDSTERS,

ITS THE FOX !!!!

ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS, CAN I JUST EXPLAIN TO ANYONE NOT DONE YET OR NOT EVEN CLOSE THIS WAS JUST HOW I FELT,AND SO AS NOT TO UPSET ANYONE, I WAS SHOUTING !!.anyway calmer now,

i chickened out !!!! JOKING, and banded and dusted,back home had a fab sleep in my own bed,and im feeling like ive been hit by a bus,it now feels like a small bus granted, in comparison to an aeroplane,its amazing what a difference a few days can make, ive just come downstairs for some painkillers and couldnt resist signing in although sitting at comp not recommended this early on!!!!!!!!! juast wanted to say thank you for the support girls,everything went fine.except that i had a crazy belgian gereatric patient in my room,but before you panic aparently this is not normal !well gotta go will leave much more details when i feel better, any questions just ask, good night and god bless you all,the fox:thumbup:

Hi Fox - I'm just back from a weekend away at York and having been reading all the posts. I had a good laugh at you saying you chickened out:lol:- as if!! Well done you - I'm so pleased you are back home safely with your family and that you are coping well with it all.:) I have enjoyed reading and am very grateful for all the info you have provided and I am also over the moon for you on your great weight loss so far. I hope you are feeling better today:girl_hug:. Keep up the good work - not long for me now so I know I will have loads of questions before 27th January:smile2:! T x

Hi everyone - just wanted to say a big hello and welcome to the new people on the forum and also well done to bytheseaside and alfie858 on your fantastic weight loss; I hope I do that well.

Thanks mmm for the info on the best exchange rates for the euro - it is dire at the minute isn't it :-(

Good luck to all of you who are due to be banded soon too- my best wishes go with you for a safe and successful trip

Thank you also to you Gillian for your witty banter - it is helping keep my nerves at bay. I'm pleased I am not having my band fitted the same day as you as my stiches wouldn't stay in situ very long!! T x