Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Fox please stop using capital letters they are hard to read and classed as shouting in the online environemnt :biggrin:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, THIS IS DRIVING ME COO-COO,:cursing:HAVE SPENT THE WHOLE NIGHT TRYING TO GET INSURANCE BUT ON MOST SITES CANT GET PAST THE FIRST PAGE ,SO AGAINST MY BETTER JUDGEMENT IVE GIVEN UP,IM ALSO TRYING TO DO IT WITHOUT MY 11 YEAR OLD LEANING OVER MY SHOULDER,COS HE KNOWS SOMETHINGS GOING ON, AND HE KEEPS TRYING TO SNEAK A LOOK AT WHAT IM DOING,AND IVE SPENT MOST OF THE DAYS SHOUTING AT HIM TO JUST LEAVE ME ALONE,AND NOW HES GONE TO BED I FEEL REALLY GUILTY,(THE 5 YEAR OLD CAN BE BOUGHT OFF WITH SOME PLAYSTATION TIME!)

SO TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY OFF TO BRUSSELS AND DONE ON TUES,HOME ON THURS,

I JUST WANT TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR THE ADVICE AND HELP GIVEN ON THE RUN UP TO THE OP,AND HOPEFULLY I CAN GIVE SOME GOOD ADVICE MYSELF AFTER TUES,SO HOPE TO SPEAK TO YOU ALL NEXT WEEK,I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU, HOPE YOU WILL BE THINKING OF ME,AU REVOIR MES AMIES:rolleyes2::biggrin::wink2:TILL NEXT TIME !!!!!!!!!!!! THE FOX

good luck fox!..(I dont mind you shouting!)...youll be all over the place today I suppose?!.excitement and nerves etc?!..you get your feelings across!, and I wish you the very best of luck and hope your soon back telling us how well its all gone. it will all be over this time tomorrow, and yes, all your forum friends will be thinking about you,dont worry. Gillian X

Hi Fox!!..you will be all done and dusted now!? should be on your way home today...I really hope everything has gone great for you and your recovering well:thumbs_up:..your kids will be pleased to see you back ok!..hope they dont squeeze you too tight tho! Well done and best of luck for your weight loss now. Gillian x:thumbup:

Oops got that wrong, sorry its today your being banded, home thurs..sorry x

Edited by gillian
wrong info!

Hi Fox - how are you doing? - hope it went well. We are all thinking about you. Take care and let us know how you are when you feel up to it. (by the way, like Gillan I don't find capital letters hard to read and you can scream your head off if it makes you feel better!!) Txx

Hi Fox - how are you doing? - hope it went well. We are all thinking about you. Take care and let us know how you are when you feel up to it. (by the way, like Gillan I don't find capital letters hard to read and you can scream your head off if it makes you feel better!!) Txx

LOL!!..SHE CAN! Hope shes ok anyway, looking forward to hearing from her..not long now TC!! ooh my butterflies are turning into birds now and nearer the time, ill be posting UPPERCASE too! x

LOL!!..SHE CAN! Hope shes ok anyway, looking forward to hearing from her..not long now TC!! ooh my butterflies are turning into birds now and nearer the time, ill be posting UPPERCASE too! x

Hi Gillian - too right:thumbup: I'm sure Fox will be fine. I'm also looking forward to hearing all about it. I am getting mega nervous now too, but excited at the same time. I had a tooth out yesterday and have only been having liquids so had a small taste of things to come - we can do it, no problem:lol: Teresa x

Hi Gillian - too right:thumbup: I'm sure Fox will be fine. I'm also looking forward to hearing all about it. I am getting mega nervous now too, but excited at the same time. I had a tooth out yesterday and have only been having liquids so had a small taste of things to come - we can do it, no problem:lol: Teresa x

Thats amazing! i had a big tooth took out yesterday(top back left) too so am on Soup today too!! as well as paracetamol and nurofen!..I saved it and put it under my pillow last night..i was hoping to get a refund of the 44.60 it cost me to have it out!!..x

Hi TC, gillian's bigsis here. When is your date? Will you be paying in cash or have you arranged something else? Also looking forward to hearing from Fox and thinking of her and that all went well, G x

Hi everyone, I've been reading all the banter going on on this site its great fun. I'm sitting on the fence looking around for a good surgeon who is affordable and proffesional, Dr Chris sounds ideal. I have communication with Tullia Law who has quoted £3500 but I dont know if that includes the hotel, but it does include the first band fill. Has anyone used this intro, and was it accurate. getting exited now, even through I havnt yet booked :smile2:Woop Woop.:)

Hi everyone, I've been reading all the banter going on on this site its great fun. I'm sitting on the fence looking around for a good surgeon who is affordable and proffesional, Dr Chris sounds ideal. I have communication with Tullia Law who has quoted £3500 but I dont know if that includes the hotel, but it does include the first band fill. Has anyone used this intro, and was it accurate. getting exited now, even through I havnt yet booked :smile2:Woop Woop.:)

Hi mmm. My sister (gillian) made our arrangements through Bridget at professional beauty via website www.europesurgery.co.uk who has been very helpful and not pushy - I think she might have approached Tullia but felt that they were hassling her a bit? Maybe you could check out the alternative we are using? Have you also checked out the other thread below? Good luck with your enquiries and let us know if/when you have booked, G x

Thats amazing! i had a big tooth took out yesterday(top back left) too so am on Soup today too!! as well as paracetamol and nurofen!..I saved it and put it under my pillow last night..i was hoping to get a refund of the 44.60 it cost me to have it out!!..x

OMG Gillian, that is so spooky - I paid the same as you (but mine was top back right!) and I thought the tooth fairy would visit too but the bag didn't:mad2: I have had lots of nurofen plus and vodka - although I must say was advised against the alcohol (I never listen). I had my first Christmas dinner on Sunday as my husband goes away to work tomorrow until 27th December (his 50th birthday!!) and I had been having a whale of a time - until my tooth broke that is :-( Never mind there is still plenty of time before the 27th Jan. Hope you are feeling better. TTYL T x

Hi TC, gillian's bigsis here. When is your date? Will you be paying in cash or have you arranged something else? Also looking forward to hearing from Fox and thinking of her and that all went well, G x

Hi Bigsis - I'm having my op on 27th Jan. - just after you and Gillian, so I'm looking forward to lots of posts from you two after you have been banded!!:thumbup:. I have booked directly with Dr Chris and have paid 400 euros deposit so far (4070 euros for the op, x-ray after the day after the op, taxis' and hotel). You are really lucky to be going through it with your sister, I'm sure you will be a great support for each other. I'm also sure Fox will be fine but it will be nice to hear from her. Take care - not long now, but at least we get to enjoy Christmas first :) T x

Edited by TC27

Hello and welcome!! - I was originally going to book with Tullia Law, however after reading the posts on this forum I have now booked directly with Dr Chris for 4070 euros (includes op, taxis and hotel) I think it is the cheaper option?? The people on here have been a great support to me and although I have researched the whole procedure for a long time I have found more info on this site than any other and now feel fully informed and ready to have the band fitted. Good luck with whatever you decide. T x

Thanks for the welcome, feeling a bit jittery, will I, wont I, Can I, cant I, should I, should'nt I. I'm hoping to make my mind up in a few days. But if I do have it done I have already decided its Dr Chris for me.

When I've been reading the treads and people have said they were nervious I though 'get a grip' but now when its me I understand what they were feeling, and of course its a lot of money in these uncertain times.

I have no worries about the operation or the traveling. Its just whether its the right operation for me, now. My daughter had a band fitted 18 months ago with bupa and I went to every appointment with her, and was with her within 10 mins of her coming out of the theatre so I know what to expect, I was with her for every fill which she had with MRI.

I suppose its more of the money side, and the uncertainty on if I should be borrowing the money, and what will happen if there is no work and I cant pay it back. I had a gastric balloon last Jan but that didnt work for me and cost me £3000, but its grateto hear all the success stories on this site. Happy banding. :tt1:

Thanks for the welcome, feeling a bit jittery, will I, wont I, Can I, cant I, should I, should'nt I. I'm hoping to make my mind up in a few days. But if I do have it done I have already decided its Dr Chris for me.

When I've been reading the treads and people have said they were nervious I though 'get a grip' but now when its me I understand what they were feeling, and of course its a lot of money in these uncertain times.

I have no worries about the operation or the traveling. Its just whether its the right operation for me, now. My daughter had a band fitted 18 months ago with bupa and I went to every appointment with her, and was with her within 10 mins of her coming out of the theatre so I know what to expect, I was with her for every fill which she had with MRI.

I suppose its more of the money side, and the uncertainty on if I should be borrowing the money, and what will happen if there is no work and I cant pay it back. I had a gastric balloon last Jan but that didnt work for me and cost me £3000, but its grateto hear all the success stories on this site. Happy banding. :tt1:

HI mmm!..like your name!..reminds me of chocolate! mmm!..no gillian stop it!...no more talk of chocolate.(im getting as much in as i can before band though!) anyway welcome to the forum!..you have had great experience already of your daughter having this op..I hope it has worked well for her?!..I thought about the balloon too but found out it can only be in for 6 months (is that right?)..I have dieted myself for 6 months and kept it off loads of times, and then i just get back into my old ways and pile it on..plus another stone!..decided the band would be more suitable for me..Chris is GMC registered and i have heard that he is the second busiest gastric band surgeons in the world and certainly one of the most experienced. I was also told that the first band was invented in belgium..and their surgeons trained ours in the UK anyway. In UK it would have cost me 8K..in Belgium 3K. I am happy with the research i have done anyway, and the amount of success stories on this forum made my mind up..It would be scary for me going I think if I wasnt getting support from this forum! Its great! I feel very guilty at times as we cant really afford the surgery esp at the moment with work being thin.. and I am getting a loan(well abig overdraft arrangement actually!)..I have saved up half the cost with items i have sold on ebay over about 3 years..I have a tummy account that i transfer paypal payments to! This is just something that I have got to do for myself..I keep saying to myself that I dont smoke or drink much..I deserve summat for me! (oops.except that chocolate addiction i have!) anyway, I read this forum and the other..youll find link at bottom of page (Dr christian de bruyne) back to front before i nervously made my decision..hope you find it usefull too in making a decision..Gillian x